ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fans can we please get LOUD on 1st and 2nd down!
cmett003 Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
Fans can we please get LOUD on 1st and 2nd down!
We do great on 3rd down but we need to be louder on 1st and 2nd down when the defense is on the field.

Not everyone has to stand up but lets make a little more noise!

That's all.
09-25-2018 11:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GotLabradors Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ODU
RE: Fans can we please get LOUD on 1st and 2nd down!
(09-25-2018 11:35 AM)cmett003 Wrote:  We do great on 3rd down but we need to be louder on 1st and 2nd down when the defense is on the field.

That's all.

I feel like if the fans are being prompted by the team on the sideline to stand, then we should stand. Ximines mentioned in an interview that the team loved how into the game the crowd was.

I had some crazy lady yank on my shirt and tell me to sit down Saturday. She was told she would need to stand because I knew it would be like Catholic Mass at that game. My voice still hasn't recovered.
09-25-2018 11:51 AM
FearTheLion Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU Monarchs
It would be nice to somehow get the stadium coordinated on a "first down" chant. I think ole Jack could use some help on that front.
09-25-2018 12:09 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(09-25-2018 11:51 AM)GotLabradors Wrote:  
(09-25-2018 11:35 AM)cmett003 Wrote:  We do great on 3rd down but we need to be louder on 1st and 2nd down when the defense is on the field.

That's all.

I feel like if the fans are being prompted by the team on the sideline to stand, then we should stand. Ximines mentioned in an interview that the team loved how into the game the crowd was.

I had some crazy lady yank on my shirt and tell me to sit down Saturday. She was told she would need to stand because I knew it would be like Catholic Mass at that game. My voice still hasn't recovered.

Nice. I had similar experience and i went on a tirade against old people and then realized not all old people do that and issued my apologies to the old timers and moved on. I wish there was a way to place all these sitting only, shut mouth fans together in the stadium so that they don't ruin what is supposedly a FB game for others. The players need to be fed energy i.e jumping and noise when they are making plays during the game and if some of the fans are not letting it happen then well we need to find a way to do that. Kids love that see OX and Duhart comments postgame.
09-25-2018 12:10 PM
FearTheLion Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU Monarchs
I think it is enough to just turn around and say that to the person asking you to sit down. Just tell them sorry but the Monarchs needs you right now.
09-25-2018 12:16 PM
DWING Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU & JMU & ECU
I 100% agree about getting loud while we are playing D, but for some reason our crowd likes to make noise when our O is on the field during critical moments. Like in the 4th quarter, 3rd down, we have the ball and our band is playing between plays and the student section is clapping their thunder sticks. I just don't get it! We need "Quiet Offense at Work" signage around the stadium to remind everyone of the game situation, this is sad but true. I know the band and students can't see the scoreboard so that doesn't help much even if we did put up the signage there.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2018 12:20 PM by DWING.)
09-25-2018 12:17 PM
Advertisement

Monarchblue Offline
Heisman

(09-25-2018 12:17 PM)DWING Wrote:  I 100% agree about getting loud while we are playing D, but for some reason our crowd likes to make noise when our O is on the field during critical moments. Like in the 4th quarter, 3rd down, we have the ball and our band is playing between plays and the student section is clapping their thunder sticks. I just don't get it! We need "Quiet Offense at Work" signage around the stadium to remind everyone of the game situation, this is sad but true. I know the band and students can't see the scoreboard so that doesn't help much even if we did put up the signage there.

Add the audio folks to the list. They were blaring musing as loud as I have ever heard it a couple times in the 4th quarter when our offense was at the line of scrimmage.
09-25-2018 12:23 PM
Monarchblue Offline
Heisman

Also, I am disappointed that we did not play Enter Sandman at the end of the game while all the VT fans were exiting. I know its poor form, and we don't want to piss off their admin, but it would have been pure gold.
09-25-2018 12:24 PM
Monarchist13 Offline

(09-25-2018 12:24 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  Also, I am disappointed that we did not play Enter Sandman at the end of the game while all the VT fans were exiting. I know its poor form, and we don't want to piss off their admin, but it would have been pure gold.

That would have been perfect. But yeah, not a great idea for a series we want to keep. Someone did say they played it at the end of the postgame show.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2018 12:29 PM by Monarchist13.)
09-25-2018 12:28 PM
ODU2K1 Offline
1st String

(09-25-2018 12:17 PM)DWING Wrote:  I 100% agree about getting loud while we are playing D, but for some reason our crowd likes to make noise when our O is on the field during critical moments. Like in the 4th quarter, 3rd down, we have the ball and our band is playing between plays and the student section is clapping their thunder sticks. I just don't get it! We need "Quiet Offense at Work" signage around the stadium to remind everyone of the game situation, this is sad but true. I know the band and students can't see the scoreboard so that doesn't help much even if we did put up the signage there.

They could easily put a "Quite Offense At Work" message up on the ribbon board at the top of the game day building. Seems like it would be easier to do that than getting the band to stop playing right up to our snaps.
09-25-2018 12:39 PM
Mr.BigBlue Offline
All American

We use to have a great crowd participation when we got a first down. Now...not much at all. We need to get that back.
Announcer - Thats a Monarch
Crowd - First Down
...Roar !!
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2018 12:43 PM by Mr.BigBlue.)
09-25-2018 12:42 PM
Advertisement

DWING Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU & JMU & ECU
(09-25-2018 12:39 PM)ODU2K1 Wrote:  

They could easily put a "Quite Offense At Work" message up on the ribbon board at the top of the game day building. Seems like it would be easier to do that than getting the band to stop playing right up to our snaps.
How about we use the "Cheerleaders" to actually lead the cheering and also lead the NON CHEERING. They stand down by the band/students, how about we get them engaged here. Probably never will happen, but its a thought.
09-25-2018 12:42 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

If I tried to get loud on 1st and 2nd down, Im not sure I'd make it to the 4th quarter.
09-25-2018 12:55 PM
monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-25-2018 12:10 PM)12thmonarch Wrote:  

That's all.

Nice. I had similar experience and i went on a tirade against old people and then realized not all old people do that and issued my apologies to the old timers and moved on. I wish there was a way to place all these sitting only, shut mouth fans together in the stadium so that they don't ruin what is supposedly a FB game for others. The players need to be fed energy i.e jumping and noise when they are making plays during the game and if some of the fans are not letting it happen then well we need to find a way to do that. Kids love that see OX and Duhart comments postgame.

This. Perhaps the new stadium could have a designated "quiet, old and sitting" section. Charge them double.
09-25-2018 01:20 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(09-25-2018 01:20 PM)monarx Wrote:  
(09-25-2018 12:10 PM)12thmonarch Wrote:  

That's all.

This. Perhaps the new stadium could have a designated "quiet, old and sitting" section. Charge them double.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
09-25-2018 01:29 PM
Monarchist13 Offline

(09-25-2018 12:42 PM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  We use to have a great crowd participation when we got a first down. Now...not much at all. We need to get that back.
Crowd - First Down
...Roar !!

Correction - THAT'S A VIRGINIA LOTTERY FIRST DOWN
09-25-2018 01:30 PM
Advertisement

benny_t Offline
1st String

(09-25-2018 12:42 PM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  We use to have a great crowd participation when we got a first down. Now...not much at all. We need to get that back.
Crowd - First Down
...Roar !!

At the top of 106 we had a "Move the Sticks" chant going when we needed to kill the clock at the end. It started with the flag that gave us a first down and then every 1st down after.
09-25-2018 01:49 PM
benny_t Offline
1st String

(09-25-2018 12:55 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  If I tried to get loud on 1st and 2nd down, Im not sure I'd make it to the 4th quarter.

My voice is still pretty messed up. Started as only 3rd down early on but the longer we held on the louder I got on the other downs. Best crowd support/ atmosphere we have had in a long time.
09-25-2018 01:52 PM
MonarchManiac Offline
Heisman

My voice is still gone. I sound like I've smoked 3 packs a day for 20 years.
09-25-2018 01:59 PM
ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

For you folks in 104, if you saw a fat old fart standing up and waving his arms to get everyone else up as soon it was obviously third down -- that was this 72 year old Aggie! Last year I was waving my cane too, but I didn't bring it Saturday!
09-25-2018 02:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.