Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Obama, the great divider
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Obama, the great divider
https://amgreatness.com/2018/09/23/obama-won/

Article is spot on.

"It was no accident that in the days after he left office, the Obamas cut nearly $60 million in book and film deals, while Obama himself took off to millionaires’ yachts and islands to deplore the Trump Administration, whose policies were beginning to help the unemployed that had been most left behind by his own boutique environmental and regulatory policies so cherished by the affluent.

By 2017, these fundamental transformations were clear. Americans now scrambled to find their proper tribe (and on occasion gender), either for careerist advantage or for perceived protection, from the government. And the very rich had found a way to be the very cool, by virtue signaling their superficial embrace of tribalism, just as in private they continued to live their mostly apartheid existences. Shouting from the rooftops that one “celebrates diversity” meant that behind the enclave wall he didn’t need to.

The agenda of balkanizing America into tribes, and white/nonwhite binaries, and galvanizing the rich and poor against the middle class was Obama’s only real legacy. But it is a legacy that nonetheless fundamentally transformed America...."
09-24-2018 10:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

uofmcamaro Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Consistency
RE: Obama, the great divider
Where Obama became the divider to me was with the officer situation at the university. Where, without even knowing the first bit of what happened, he "the officer acted stupidly". I'll never forget that one. IMO that set a tone.
09-24-2018 04:05 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(09-24-2018 10:26 AM)bullet Wrote:  https://amgreatness.com/2018/09/23/obama-won/

Article is spot on.

"It was no accident that in the days after he left office, the Obamas cut nearly $60 million in book and film deals, while Obama himself took off to millionaires’ yachts and islands to deplore the Trump Administration, whose policies were beginning to help the unemployed that had been most left behind by his own boutique environmental and regulatory policies so cherished by the affluent.

By 2017, these fundamental transformations were clear. Americans now scrambled to find their proper tribe (and on occasion gender), either for careerist advantage or for perceived protection, from the government. And the very rich had found a way to be the very cool, by virtue signaling their superficial embrace of tribalism, just as in private they continued to live their mostly apartheid existences. Shouting from the rooftops that one “celebrates diversity” meant that behind the enclave wall he didn’t need to.

The agenda of balkanizing America into tribes, and white/nonwhite binaries, and galvanizing the rich and poor against the middle class was Obama’s only real legacy. But it is a legacy that nonetheless fundamentally transformed America...."

There are more dots to connect there Bullet. Has it occurred to anyone why the super wealthy want a politics of division world wide? There are 8 billion people on the planet and climbing. The super wealthy can't enjoy the environment and fear for the future with so many and such limited resources. The agenda is to cut health care, pit factions against each other and encourage conflict so that the herd is thinned by disease and by each other. To do that effectively the greatest protector of global peace has to be strapped financially, and so fraught with internal strife itself that it cannot afford to police the world and spend resources abroad. Soros knows this and that is why he backs the politicians of division everywhere in the world and not just in the U.S.. The PC progressives in Europe have so well sewn the seeds of discord with Islamic immigration into Germany, France and Great Britain that neo-fascists candidates are growing stronger in France and Germany and in Great Britain the otherwise docile public is becoming increasingly enraged.

China is stirring old issues with Japan over the South China Sea. Arab vs Arab factions, and fundamentalist Islamists vs secular Muslim, Georgians vs Russians, communist insurgencies in South America and the border issues in the U.S are all part of the global destabilization. And it is the super wealthy that have a hand in all of it.

What they don't want in time of scarcer resources is the public's eye fixed directly on them. Even the trade imbalances have been so engendered by policy from the U.S. under administration backed by the super wealthy. And all of it has been intentionally destabilizing.

It's something everyone should ponder.
09-24-2018 09:27 PM
Momus Offline
Banned

I Root For: Myself
Obama never had a chance to unite with a right-wing fully dedicated to diminishing the first black American president. The racism of the right is the single most destructive factor in our nation.
09-24-2018 09:30 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(09-24-2018 09:30 PM)Momus Wrote:  Obama never had a chance to unite with a right-wing fully dedicated to diminishing the first black American president. The racism of the right is the single most destructive factor in our nation.

you nailed it....a pussificated right wing congress thrashed his dumbo eared black arse....

you might want to want revisit smoking faggos in dollwood....personally, I really don't give a shite what you say......you're as transparent as a troll as dems *** rolling off a gold tooth....

09-24-2018 09:35 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(09-24-2018 09:30 PM)Momus Wrote:  Obama never had a chance to unite with a right-wing fully dedicated to diminishing the first black American president. The racism of the right is the single most destructive factor in our nation.

Total BS. You really don't have any idea how offensive that comment is, do you? Neither does the rest of the left.
09-24-2018 09:40 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Online

(09-24-2018 09:27 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(09-24-2018 10:26 AM)bullet Wrote:  https://amgreatness.com/2018/09/23/obama-won/

Article is spot on.

There are more dots to connect there Bullet. Has it occurred to anyone why the super wealthy want a politics of division world wide? There are 8 billion people on the planet and climbing. The super wealthy can't enjoy the environment and fear for the future with so many and such limited resources. The agenda is to cut health care, pit factions against each other and encourage conflict so that the herd is thinned by disease and by each other. To do that effectively the greatest protector of global peace has to be strapped financially, and so fraught with internal strife itself that it cannot afford to police the world and spend resources abroad. Soros knows this and that is why he backs the politicians of division everywhere in the world and not just in the U.S.. The PC progressives in Europe have so well sewn the seeds of discord with Islamic immigration into Germany, France and Great Britain that neo-fascists candidates are growing stronger in France and Germany and in Great Britain the otherwise docile public is becoming increasingly enraged.

China is stirring old issues with Japan over the South China Sea. Arab vs Arab factions, and fundamentalist Islamists vs secular Muslim, Georgians vs Russians, communist insurgencies in South America and the border issues in the U.S are all part of the global destabilization. And it is the super wealthy that have a hand in all of it.

What they don't want in time of scarcer resources is the public's eye fixed directly on them. Even the trade imbalances have been so engendered by policy from the U.S. under administration backed by the super wealthy. And all of it has been intentionally destabilizing.

It's something everyone should ponder.

04-bow04-bow04-bow

you always get in rights......****** (except that po®tion) 03-wink

we're in a pure numbers game relative to the USD and other global currency.....

and I don't bone up to anyone....it is what she are.....

#wellstatedsir
09-24-2018 09:42 PM
Momus Offline
Banned

(09-24-2018 09:40 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

Total BS. You really don't have any idea how offensive that comment is, do you? Neither does the rest of the left.

The truth is offensive to those who desperately want to deny it.
09-24-2018 10:01 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(09-24-2018 10:01 PM)Momus Wrote:  

No, it is offensive because it is not true. You've been on this kick of branding everyone to the right of Chairman Mao as a racist for some time. It's simply false.
09-24-2018 10:36 PM
Momus Offline
Banned

(09-24-2018 10:36 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

No, it is offensive because it is not true. You've been on this kick of branding everyone to the right of Chairman Mao as a racist for some time. It's simply false.

And you’ve been on this kick is denying the deep, ingrained racism of the right-wing in general and Trump in particular. So if you claim to not be racist but you line up shoulder to shoulder with them, tolerate them, decline to criticize them, and support their policies, then what’s really the difference? Claim whatever you want. Those with eyes see the truth.
09-24-2018 10:41 PM
stinkfist Online

(09-24-2018 10:41 PM)Momus Wrote:  

And you’ve been on this kick is denying the deep, ingrained racism of the right-wing in general and Trump in particular. So if you claim to not be racist but you line up shoulder to shoulder with them, tolerate them, decline to criticize them, and support their policies, then what’s really the difference? Claim whatever you want. Those with eyes see the truth.

if I call myself the 'n' word or claim white privilege, does that make one a racist?

apparently, to ewe it does....

guess what.....we don't give two shites about your widdle feelings......we really don't....

there's zero malice......we're simply sick of listening to stupid shite.....
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2018 10:53 PM by stinkfist.)
09-24-2018 10:51 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC

Those who are old enough know that the party of segregation was the Democratic party. That the party that rounded up Japanese Americans during WWII and interned them was the Democratic Party. That Franklin Roosevelt supported segregation in the Armed Forces even though his wife Eleanor opposed it. And that it was the combat experience that helped to break segregation in the United States Armed Forces. I grew up with integration in a military family when most of the United States still practiced segregation. And that my friend was in the North, the Northeast, the Southeast, the Southwest, and on the West coast. It's just that it depended which area of the country you were in that determined who was segregated from whom.

Dr. King using Gandhi as a model for non violent protest exposed it, sickened a nation with it, and much like the Mahatma helped to start change. Change that democrats fought until Robert Kennedy as Attorney General decided to do something about it. Until that point it had been the Democrats that supported the institution of Slavery and the Black Republicans who grew out of the abolitionist movement and fought a war to free them. Democrats in the South stuck by segregationist policies until well past the mid 70's in any regard not specifically covered by Federal Law.

What the Republicans decided to appeal to in the South once the segregation issue was put to rest was the so called Moral Majority which was an appeal to the largest demographic of voters in the South, church goers. The range of topics dovetailed into a wide range of Republican topics from the "morality" issues to the guns rights crowd.

So what transpired was politics. Just like it was politics that began to divide the Democratic party at the same time as first civil rights issues were adopted by the Democrats, and then social justice issues in general. That base grew disproportionately to the old Democratic base which it was in many ways diametrically opposed to. As a result the polarization of the Democratic party has been basically moved away from the old fiscal issues into civil rights, and now is virtually dominated by the advocacy issues that have galvanized a new base. Just because the Democrats now push advocacy it doesn't mean that those they claim to help are necessarily discriminated against. In some cases they are, but not in sufficient numbers to justify that work on a national platform. So the Dems have to have an oppressor whether there is one in reality or not.

So Son of Nyx the issue here isn't that the Republicans have been historically racists, since that distinction is owned by the Democratic party, but rather that the Republicans must be oppressors or the new dominant wing of the Democratic party has no organizing principle.

I would strongly suggest that is why the current Democratic leadership can't lead the nation. They can't be a party of arbitration and compromise because zealots can't compromise with those they demonize. The NET effect of this strategy will ultimately lead to conflict. That is why I call it seditious and that is why as a grandfather I cannot support its position. I know it is finger nails across the chalk board but I must agree with Rodney King here, "why can't we all get along?" The answer is having an enemy galvanizes the Democratic base, in much the same way as the Communists once galvanized both parties against the Reds, and much in the same way that Reagan purported that an "alien threat" might galvanize the world.

When we don't know what it is we believe and we can't unite around an ideal or plan, we need an enemy. For Hitler it was the Jews and Communists. For the U.S. from 1946 on it was the global Communist threat. For the Democrats its conservative white males who must be guilty of something whether it is homophobia, misogyny, xenophobia, or Christian bias against Muslims. Heck that's the whole basis for the Rainbow coalition. The only problem is just as it is with racism you can't paint everyone with the same broad stroke. Some whites worked for civil rights. Some whites have supported gay rights and some whites have been tolerant of other religions. Andguess what? Many of those were white men, and many of those were Republicans.

We are a Republic. We are not a democracy. If we were minority status wouldn't matter. But we try to rule by the law which supports not only diversity but the rights of all. That kind of rule implies some form of compromise and consensus.

The current political situation is intentionally drawing battle lines through nothing else but intransigence. It won't end well. And furthermore in a Republic those who promote division are guilty of sedition. There is legal redress for all conflict. It is why the Supreme Court exists and their rule is law. We don't support any one aggrieved party. We support the rule of law.

Law is our organizing principle. Not group politics.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2018 11:55 PM by JRsec.)
09-24-2018 11:35 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl

Except I don't line up with them. And I call out racism when I see it.

The Momus decoder ring:

Right-wing nut = disagrees with Chairman Mao
Idiot = disagrees with Momus
Racist = continues to disagree
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2018 11:38 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
09-24-2018 11:36 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
[Image: 2w23rle.jpg]
09-24-2018 11:38 PM
appst89 Offline
Herding Cats

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(09-24-2018 10:41 PM)Momus Wrote:  Those with eyes see the truth.

Indeed.

Momus (/ˈmoʊməs/; Greek: Μῶμος Momos) was in Greek mythology the personification of satire and mockery.

03-troll
09-25-2018 05:24 AM
Zombiewoof Offline
1st String

I Root For: players

What you fail to understand or have no desire to consider is that there were a multitude of reasons to oppose Obama that had absolutely nothing to do with his parentage. The list is long so I will highlight the two that says all that you would need to know when he initially ran in 2008. The first is that many people who lean to the right opposed his policy proposals. Whether it was leading the country toward a more socialized medical system, an unworkable and intrusive domestic policy or a foreign policy rooted in apology, conservatives rejected Obama's agenda. That would have been true if his name had been Jim instead of Barack or if his entire heritage had been European.

Secondly, he was likely the least qualified person to ever have their name placed in nomination by a major party. He followed up an unremarkable Illinois Senate career with two years of an unaccomplished US Senate term before deciding he had the goods to lead a nation. That doesn't even touch on his associations with a host of unsavory people on his way to the White House.

So feel free to argue the merits of his agenda or his stunning qualifications to ascend to the nation's highest elective office, but get out of here with the assertion that he was opposed because, duh, racism.
09-25-2018 06:10 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Online

(09-25-2018 05:24 AM)appst89 Wrote:  
(09-24-2018 10:41 PM)Momus Wrote:  Those with eyes see the truth.

Indeed.

Momus (/ˈmoʊməs/; Greek: Μῶμος Momos) was in Greek mythology the personification of satire and mockery.

03-troll

there's no question he/she/it is 1000% troll...
09-25-2018 06:16 AM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
(09-24-2018 11:35 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Those who are old enough know that the party of segregation was the Democratic party. That the party that rounded up Japanese Americans during WWII and interned them was the Democratic Party. That Franklin Roosevelt supported segregation in the Armed Forces even though his wife Eleanor opposed it. And that it was the combat experience that helped to break segregation in the United States Armed Forces. I grew up with integration in a military family when most of the United States still practiced segregation. And that my friend was in the North, the Northeast, the Southeast, the Southwest, and on the West coast. It's just that it depended which area of the country you were in that determined who was segregated from whom.

Dr. King using Gandhi as a model for non violent protest exposed it, sickened a nation with it, and much like the Mahatma helped to start change. Change that democrats fought until Robert Kennedy as Attorney General decided to do something about it. Until that point it had been the Democrats that supported the institution of Slavery and the Black Republicans who grew out of the abolitionist movement and fought a war to free them. Democrats in the South stuck by segregationist policies until well past the mid 70's in any regard not specifically covered by Federal Law.

What the Republicans decided to appeal to in the South once the segregation issue was put to rest was the so called Moral Majority which was an appeal to the largest demographic of voters in the South, church goers. The range of topics dovetailed into a wide range of Republican topics from the "morality" issues to the guns rights crowd.

So what transpired was politics. Just like it was politics that began to divide the Democratic party at the same time as first civil rights issues were adopted by the Democrats, and then social justice issues in general. That base grew disproportionately to the old Democratic base which it was in many ways diametrically opposed to. As a result the polarization of the Democratic party has been basically moved away from the old fiscal issues into civil rights, and now is virtually dominated by the advocacy issues that have galvanized a new base. Just because the Democrats now push advocacy it doesn't mean that those they claim to help are necessarily discriminated against. In some cases they are, but not in sufficient numbers to justify that work on a national platform. So the Dems have to have an oppressor whether there is one in reality or not.

So Son of Nyx the issue here isn't that the Republicans have been historically racists, since that distinction is owned by the Democratic party, but rather that the Republicans must be oppressors or the new dominant wing of the Democratic party has no organizing principle.

I would strongly suggest that is why the current Democratic leadership can't lead the nation. They can't be a party of arbitration and compromise because zealots can't compromise with those they demonize. The NET effect of this strategy will ultimately lead to conflict. That is why I call it seditious and that is why as a grandfather I cannot support its position. I know it is finger nails across the chalk board but I must agree with Rodney King here, "why can't we all get along?" The answer is having an enemy galvanizes the Democratic base, in much the same way as the Communists once galvanized both parties against the Reds, and much in the same way that Reagan purported that an "alien threat" might galvanize the world.

When we don't know what it is we believe and we can't unite around an ideal or plan, we need an enemy. For Hitler it was the Jews and Communists. For the U.S. from 1946 on it was the global Communist threat. For the Democrats its conservative white males who must be guilty of something whether it is homophobia, misogyny, xenophobia, or Christian bias against Muslims. Heck that's the whole basis for the Rainbow coalition. The only problem is just as it is with racism you can't paint everyone with the same broad stroke. Some whites worked for civil rights. Some whites have supported gay rights and some whites have been tolerant of other religions. Andguess what? Many of those were white men, and many of those were Republicans.

We are a Republic. We are not a democracy. If we were minority status wouldn't matter. But we try to rule by the law which supports not only diversity but the rights of all. That kind of rule implies some form of compromise and consensus.

The current political situation is intentionally drawing battle lines through nothing else but intransigence. It won't end well. And furthermore in a Republic those who promote division are guilty of sedition. There is legal redress for all conflict. It is why the Supreme Court exists and their rule is law. We don't support any one aggrieved party. We support the rule of law.

Law is our organizing principle. Not group politics.

This post should be pinned. Very well said
09-25-2018 07:34 AM
450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis

The irony meter completely exploded with that remark...
09-25-2018 08:34 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte

Yep, folks like Momus still have no clue that it's thinking like that that helped get Trump elected and will help him get reelected.
09-25-2018 08:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.