ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ECU v. ODU
B easy Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
ECU v. ODU
Who will be favored? I would guess that ECU is about a 4-point fav at home but they've undervalued us the last few weeks so who knows. Should be a close line and a good game. Btw, thanks for taking out the chokies! Seriously, that is a game changer for your program! Look forward to welcoming you guys down to Greenville for a great tailgate and game!
09-23-2018 11:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
RE: ECU v. ODU
(09-23-2018 11:06 AM)B easy Wrote:  Who will be favored? I would guess that ECU is about a 4-point fav at home but they've undervalued us the last few weeks so who knows. Should be a close line and a good game. Btw, thanks for taking out the chokies! Seriously, that is a game changer for your program! Look forward to welcoming you guys down to Greenville for a great tailgate and game!

Guessing ECU will be fav as its a trap game for us. Was shocked to look up and see you guys have really dominated yardage wise the first 3 games.
09-23-2018 11:21 AM
odufansam Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
ECU has a real QB that will test ODU's secondary. We matched up really well against VT because Jackson and the backup QB were terrible. In order for ODU to keep winning, they are going to have to put up 30+ points a game.
09-23-2018 11:57 AM
bit_9 Offline

My ECU brethren texted me last night with congrats and glad we beat VT on their behalf.

I give them half a day today the hit practice. :)

Posted from mobile device. Hopefully it's coherent.
09-23-2018 11:58 AM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-23-2018 11:57 AM)odufansam Wrote:  ECU has a real QB that will test ODU's secondary. We matched up really well against VT because Jackson and the backup QB were terrible. In order for ODU to keep winning, they are going to have to put up 30+ points a game.

I mentioned before game that Im not big on Jackson, but I dont think either QB played bad. Remember the missed deep throw and a couple of times where they were on wrong page with WRs but They were u der a ton of pressure from our DL all game.
09-23-2018 11:59 AM
odu09 Offline
Heisman

ECU v. ODU
I bet Vegas is scratching their collective heads trying to figure out how to set a line for odu

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
09-23-2018 12:03 PM
Advertisement

Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-23-2018 12:03 PM)odu09 Wrote:  I bet Vegas is scratching their collective heads trying to figure out how to set a line for odu

I didn't realize ECU was a 20-point dog against USF. Pirates beat that with ease. Guessing ECU will be a 5-6 point favorite, with early money on ODU because of the buzz around the VT win but then going back to ECU later in the week, barring any late injury/suspension news.
09-23-2018 01:16 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-23-2018 01:16 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  
(09-23-2018 12:03 PM)odu09 Wrote:  I bet Vegas is scratching their collective heads trying to figure out how to set a line for odu

I didn't realize ECU was a 20-point dog against USF. Pirates beat that with ease. Guessing ECU will be a 5-6 point favorite, with early money on ODU because of the buzz around the VT win but then going back to ECU later in the week, barring any late injury/suspension news.

I didnt see game at all, but ECU had a huge yardage advantage.
09-23-2018 01:19 PM
ODUBB35 Offline
Heisman

This is where the coaching staff needs to bring the players back down to earth. Yesterday showed what the team is capable of, but we're still 1-3 with alot of football left. What we do or don't do from here on out will determine if yesterday has real meaning beyond yesterday.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018 01:25 PM by ODUBB35.)
09-23-2018 01:23 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-23-2018 01:23 PM)ODUBB35 Wrote:  Thus5is where the coaching staff needs to bring the players back down to earth. Yesterday showed what the team is capable of, but we're still 1-3 with alot of football left. What we do or don't do from here on out will determine if yesterday has real meaning beyond yesterday.

Shoot, it will have meaning for the next 50 years.

But, yeah, we all hope the team can progress from this and not get to full of themselves.
09-23-2018 01:26 PM
GotLabradors Offline
Special Teams

(09-23-2018 01:26 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(09-23-2018 01:23 PM)ODUBB35 Wrote:  Thus5is where the coaching staff needs to bring the players back down to earth. Yesterday showed what the team is capable of, but we're still 1-3 with alot of football left. What we do or don't do from here on out will determine if yesterday has real meaning beyond yesterday.

Shoot, it will have meaning for the next 50 years.

But, yeah, we all hope the team can progress from this and not get to full of themselves.

The boys have their swagger back. They know they can win. They know what it takes for them to win. Now they're hungry.
09-23-2018 02:43 PM
Advertisement

DaBigBlue Offline
Heisman

Wasn't going, think I might go now. Wonder what Monarch team travels to Greenville.
09-23-2018 03:07 PM
pcm0103 Offline
1st String

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018 04:07 PM by pcm0103.)
09-23-2018 04:06 PM
DowdyPirate2 Offline
1st String

(09-23-2018 11:57 AM)odufansam Wrote:  ECU has a real QB that will test ODU's secondary. We matched up really well against VT because Jackson and the backup QB were terrible. In order for ODU to keep winning, they are going to have to put up 30+ points a game.

Our QBs are not very good, but the defense is pretty strong.
09-23-2018 04:13 PM
ODUalum78 Online
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
(09-23-2018 01:19 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(09-23-2018 01:16 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  

I didnt see game at all, but ECU had a huge yardage advantage.

Holy cow.
ECU ran 96 offensive plays to 52 for USF
ECU out-gained USF 412 yards to 296
Turnovers were even
WTF
09-23-2018 05:36 PM
CalODUFan Offline
All American

The key to winning the ECU game and the other big games the rest of the way is to STOP THE MISSED ASSIGNMENTS IN THE SECONDARY! It is costing us 2-3 explosive TDs per game. Whether it is coaching or confused players, it must be corrected. Also, OX and the other DEs have to set the edge on the RPOs and not automatically dive in for the RBs. The running QBs are getting way too many yards. And, on offense, keep throwing the ball to the WRs and mix in some RB screens and TEs also. Must pass to set up the run later. If we do these things we should be competitive in every game.
09-23-2018 09:29 PM
Advertisement

monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

The VT win made my season, but the guys have a chance to salvage this year with a win at ECU. 5 games in I predicted we would have 2 or 3 wins. I just figured they'd be Charlotte and Liberty (maybe FIU). IF we beat ECU we are back to track. A long shot, but with a shot none the less.
09-23-2018 09:33 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-23-2018 09:29 PM)CalODUFan Wrote:  The key to winning the ECU game and the other big games the rest of the way is to STOP THE MISSED ASSIGNMENTS IN THE SECONDARY! It is costing us 2-3 explosive TDs per game. Whether it is coaching or confused players, it must be corrected. Also, OX and the other DEs have to set the edge on the RPOs and not automatically dive in for the RBs. The running QBs are getting way too many yards. And, on offense, keep throwing the ball to the WRs and mix in some RB screens and TEs also. Must pass to set up the run later. If we do these things we should be competitive in every game.

Agree with most. I think they just picked poison with RPOs cause Jackson is not all that fast and the RBs were killing them.
09-23-2018 09:35 PM
CalODUFan Offline
All American

(09-23-2018 09:35 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(09-23-2018 09:29 PM)CalODUFan Wrote:  The key to winning the ECU game and the other big games the rest of the way is to STOP THE MISSED ASSIGNMENTS IN THE SECONDARY! It is costing us 2-3 explosive TDs per game. Whether it is coaching or confused players, it must be corrected. Also, OX and the other DEs have to set the edge on the RPOs and not automatically dive in for the RBs. The running QBs are getting way too many yards. And, on offense, keep throwing the ball to the WRs and mix in some RB screens and TEs also. Must pass to set up the run later. If we do these things we should be competitive in every game.

Agree with most. I think they just picked poison with RPOs cause Jackson is not all that fast and the RBs were killing them.

If we can get Miles Fox healthy, then he and Garner/Dickerson should be able to handle the RBs in the RPOs with the DEs maintaining the edge unless they clearly see the RBs getting the ball.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018 09:54 PM by CalODUFan.)
09-23-2018 09:53 PM
DaBigBlue Offline
Heisman

Hope the VaTech win isn't like the UVa win in the 5-25 MBB season, all for not. I don't think so. ECU is a good game for us, I hope we don't have a too big of a hangover and the offense can find the same flow that we saw against VT.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018 11:40 PM by DaBigBlue.)
09-23-2018 11:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.