Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT Looks like "Another" Sell-out Crowd in Oxford..
Bookmark and Share
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
OT Looks like "Another" Sell-out Crowd in Oxford..
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-mi...tate-game/

Even in the SEC, when you are down-on-your-luck (although OP will soon be 3-1) and you play someone nobody has heard of, "crowds" suck..

Whatta ya think would happen of they had a steady home diet of UTEP, FL International Airport and Charlotte (sorry guys, not picking on you, but I guarantee it would not attract OP fans), instead of Bama, LSU and Auburn? OP wouldn't draw flies either.

So, it's not us, it's the sh!tty football world we live in, where we all play conference teams we have no regional or historical bond with.

(Thanks Salty for the idea) 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2018 03:41 PM by eaglebeaver.)
09-22-2018 03:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Lizard Breath Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTSA
RE: OT Looks like "Another" Sell-out Crowd in Oxford..
We've been getting 40k+ when we run off some wins we might see 45-50k
09-22-2018 04:18 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(09-22-2018 04:18 PM)Lizard Breath Wrote:  We've been getting 40k+ when we run off some wins we might see 45-50k

Good job by your folks lizard
09-22-2018 04:23 PM
Lizard Breath Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTSA
We try
09-22-2018 04:46 PM
BlueraiderJT Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MTSU
Those photos are misleading. It was obviously pre-game.
09-23-2018 07:03 AM
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
Not pregame, during the game but after a weather delay
09-23-2018 08:07 AM
Advertisement

BlueraiderJT Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MTSU
Weather delay. Well there you go. Not an accurate depiction of a regular in game scenario.
09-23-2018 10:32 AM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(09-23-2018 10:32 AM)BlueraiderJT Wrote:  Weather delay. Well there you go. Not an accurate depiction of a regular in game scenario.

well, being from Mississippi and being acquainted with many webbel fans, I am told it was a VERY ACCURATE depiction of the "crowd". 04-cheers

So suit yourself..
09-23-2018 10:37 AM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

No matter the size of the crowd, they will always be ascot wearing dipshits.

This week was priceless. Oh my, coloreds on the sqayah at all ours of the night. Heavens our property values!!!
[Image: bb8631c6-5af1-4b42-a765-64fa276f7090-ed_...;auto=webp]
09-23-2018 12:45 PM
Doots4Dawgs Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
Oh no, women! Bunker up, lock the doors, hide your kids.
09-23-2018 12:50 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
I am far more concerned with the crowd(or lack of) we had at the Rock last night than anything going on at OM.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018 12:54 PM by usmbacker.)
09-23-2018 12:53 PM
Advertisement

eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(09-23-2018 12:50 PM)Doots4Dawgs Wrote:  Oh no, women with tig bitties! Bunker up, lock the doors, hide your kids.

Fixed 04-cheers
09-23-2018 12:54 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(09-23-2018 12:53 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  I am far more concerned with the crowd(or lack of) we had at the Rock last night than anything going on at OM.

well backer, our crowd was about the same as OP's, and they have Bama, State, Auburn, LSU etc home and home every year to boost season ticket sales.

When we are average, our crowds will be average...plus, in an SEC crazed state like Mississippi, Rice, ULM, UTSA and UTEP don't excite anyone.

If you don't find 15K at an OP game interesting, ironic and intriguing, well, I guess it's your right. BUT I FIND IT HILARIOUS! 03-lmfao
09-23-2018 01:01 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
(09-23-2018 01:01 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  
(09-23-2018 12:53 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  I am far more concerned with the crowd(or lack of) we had at the Rock last night than anything going on at OM.

well backer, our crowd was about the same as OP's, and they have Bama, State, Auburn, LSU etc home and home every year to boost season ticket sales.

When we are average, our crowds will be average...plus, in an SEC crazed state like Mississippi, Rice, ULM, UTSA and UTEP don't excite anyone.

If you don't find 15K at an OP game interesting, ironic and intriguing, well, I guess it's your right. BUT I FIND IT HILARIOUS! 03-lmfao

I understand what you are saying, but you are missing an important point. While OM might have had the same number of people at the game last night, OM still sold 43,000 season tickets this year in a down year for them. The survival of our program depends much more on people that buy tickets for single games. So while it is fun to laugh at the OM crowd, the fact is they have banked a ton of money even if people don't show up.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018 01:12 PM by usmbacker.)
09-23-2018 01:11 PM
UTEPDallas Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTEP/Penn State
I watched the Penn State-Illinois game on Friday and FS1 kept showing the aerial view of Memorial Stadium. It was half empty. The Illini has a football game against a blue blood that is ranked in the top 10 and they don’t even bother to show up? Yes, it was on a Friday night but these games are announced in advance for alumni in Chicago (2 hours) to make arrangements. But even in the P5, fan support is questionable too.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018 01:28 PM by UTEPDallas.)
09-23-2018 01:19 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(09-23-2018 01:11 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  

I understand what you are saying, but you are missing an important point. While OM might have had the same number of people at the game last night, OM still sold 43,000 season tickets this year in a down year for them. The survival of our program depends much more on people that buy tickets for single games. So while it is fun to laugh at the OM crowd, the fact is they have banked a ton of money even if people don't show up.

I just "said" they have Bama, LSU and Auburn to boost their season ticket sales...

IF (yes, IF) they played UTEP, La Tech, UTSA and UAB (and this is NOT a condemnation of these fine schools), THEY WOULD SELL 13,000 SEASON TICKETS, LIKE USM! 04-cheers

Don't ya kinda think a USM home schedule of Bama, LSU, Auburn, OP and MSUcks would also average 43,000, at the least? Hayell, LSU would bring 30K! So, the comparisons OP and MSUcks always make are apples to oranges.

So, when OP has less fans at a game than USM, ON THE SAME DATE, it is HILARIOUS, backer, mein freund!
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018 01:24 PM by eaglebeaver.)
09-23-2018 01:21 PM
Advertisement

UTEPDallas Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTEP/Penn State
(09-23-2018 01:21 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  

I just "said" they have Bama, LSU and Auburn to boost their season ticket sales...

IF (yes, IF) they played UTEP, La Tech, UTSA and UAB (and this is NOT a condemnation of these fine schools), THEY WOULD SELL 13,000 SEASON TICKETS, LIKE USM! 04-cheers

Don't ya kinda think a USM home schedule of Bama, LSU, Auburn, OP and MSUcks would also average 43,000, at the least? Hayell, LSU would bring 30K! So, the comparisons OP and MSUcks always make are apples to oranges.

So, when OP has less fans at a game than USM, ON THE SAME DATE, it is HILARIOUS, backer, mein freund!

Texas Tech comes to mind. Replace the Big XII with either C-USA West or AAC West and you’ll see their attendance drop like flies. They would be the UTEP of the Texas Panhandle.
09-23-2018 01:26 PM
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

Who cares?
09-23-2018 01:28 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(09-23-2018 01:28 PM)BeagleUSM Wrote:  Who cares?

You musta cared enough for a response...04-cheers
09-23-2018 01:37 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(09-23-2018 01:26 PM)UTEPDallas Wrote:  
(09-23-2018 01:21 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  

Texas Tech comes to mind. Replace the Big XII with either C-USA West or AAC West and you’ll see their attendance drop like flies. They would be the UTEP of the Texas Panhandle.

Of course...but they don't look at it that way. They say "we would win C-USA every year if we were in your sorry conference". Not so fast my friend...Yes, you would win C-USA every year IF YOU STILL HAD ALL THE MONEY, RECRUITING ADVANTAGES AND TV EXPOSURE the BigXII provides, but if you were IN our conference as you say, you would have NONE OF THOSE and you would be sh!t, just like us! 03-lmfao

Let me repeat myself: They never look at it that way however..
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018 01:53 PM by eaglebeaver.)
09-23-2018 01:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.