Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

new president
Bookmark and Share
murph83 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
new president
Let's hope she's more honest than her predecessor.

http://www.daily-chronicle.com/2018/09/2...1537464728
09-20-2018 07:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: new president
Congratulations and best wishes to Dr. Freeman. Being appointed a president of an Illinois state supported school is a mixed blessing these days. I do hope that NIU thrives under her leadership!
09-20-2018 07:41 PM
BDB5yp Offline
All American

I’m sure having our last president being a fraud probably hurt enrollment. Glad that position is stable now. Congrats President Freeman!
09-20-2018 08:29 PM
NIU75 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
I hope she reads this thread on our board.
Went by NIU today
https://csnbbs.com/thread-858491.html

Every student that has had a problem in that area has told their parents and friends.
You wonder why NIU has a bad vibe.
09-20-2018 10:00 PM
Advertisement

NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
She helped increase the size of the marching band, hoping she is squarely behind athletics.
09-20-2018 10:44 PM
stpeterocketfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo
(09-20-2018 07:24 PM)murph83 Wrote:  Let's hope she's more honest than her predecessor.

Usually you promote from within a past administration when things are going great! No offense to you guys, but there is a whole lot going wrong at NIU and in DeKalb. I think NIU should have hired someone from ISU or another school that is actually doing things right and growing. Unfortunately the board behind this hire has been asleep at the wheel as well and felt it easier to promote from within instead of disrupting a situation that is in need of change.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2018 05:55 AM by stpeterocketfan.)
09-21-2018 05:55 AM
HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

I Root For: NIU Only
(09-21-2018 05:55 AM)stpeterocketfan Wrote:  
(09-20-2018 07:24 PM)murph83 Wrote:  Let's hope she's more honest than her predecessor.

Usually you promote from within a past administration when things are going great! No offense to you guys, but there is a whole lot going wrong at NIU and in DeKalb. I think NIU should have hired someone from ISU or another school that is actually doing things right and growing. Unfortunately the board behind this hire has been asleep at the wheel as well and felt it easier to promote from within instead of disrupting a situation that is in need of change.
Hate to say it, but he is right. The BOD is hiding behind a low profile hire after the last debacle. They want to keep out of the light after their past failure. You needed somebody to shake things up not the status quo. Never thought in my lifetime that I would see NIU on par with WIU and EIU, but we are there now and it is embarrassing. You needed a President that would not be afraid to get students the Hell out of the area around Eddie's projects and move things to central campus. It would have been hard work, but they settled for an in house candidate that creates no buzz and has no agenda except to hold on for a few more years.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2018 08:44 AM by HuskieJ.)
09-21-2018 08:43 AM
Advertisement

UnknownScout Offline
2nd String

(09-21-2018 08:43 AM)HuskieJ Wrote:  

Hate to say it, but he is right. The BOD is hiding behind a low profile hire after the last debacle. They want to keep out of the light after their past failure. You needed somebody to shake things up not the status quo. Never thought in my lifetime that I would see NIU on par with WIU and EIU, but we are there now and it is embarrassing. You needed a President that would not be afraid to get students the Hell out of the area around Eddie's projects and move things to central campus. It would have been hard work, but they settled for an in house candidate that creates no buzz and has no agenda except to hold on for a few more years.

Agreed. The BoD should have looked at some of the schools outside the state where enrollment in increasing and poached someone from there. The BoD has dropped the ball time and time agian and it's time for major changes and clear objectives for the university. What is NIU, a middling regional state university? OR a world class university that can compete with any state school in the midwest?
09-21-2018 08:57 AM
MiamiHuskie Offline
All American

Agreed. I didn't know that DeKalb has devolved this much.
The city and NIU need to get together to solve these issues.

The old guard has been asleep at the switch. New ideas are needed.
09-21-2018 09:49 AM
HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

I Root For: NIU Only
The state of Illinois has not helped much, but a lot of DeKalb's problems falls in this maggots lap. Eddie R. Williams
09-21-2018 10:09 AM
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(09-21-2018 10:09 AM)HuskieJ Wrote:  The state of Illinois has not helped much, but a lot of DeKalb's problems falls in this maggots lap. Eddie R. Williams

Absolutely correct. He has transformed DeKalb into a crime-infested safety nightmare for many of the DeKalb residents and an enrollment nightmare for NIU. The a-hole should be tied to a chair and made to sit outside the 7-11 for as long as he can survive.
09-21-2018 10:27 AM
NIUSox10 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
(09-21-2018 10:27 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(09-21-2018 10:09 AM)HuskieJ Wrote:  The state of Illinois has not helped much, but a lot of DeKalb's problems falls in this maggots lap. Eddie R. Williams

Absolutely correct. He has transformed DeKalb into a crime-infested safety nightmare for many of the DeKalb residents and an enrollment nightmare for NIU. The a-hole should be tied to a chair and made to sit outside the 7-11 for as long as he can survive.

Hahahahahaha

05-mafia04-cheers04-bow
09-21-2018 11:27 AM
Teamduh Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Northern Il
(09-20-2018 10:44 PM)NIUfilmmaker Wrote:  She helped increase the size of the marching band, hoping she is squarely behind athletics.
I saw her at the NIU Sox day and the Iowa game. And that was before she was named president.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
09-21-2018 11:26 PM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

+1

The University has had declining enrollment, scandals, and other issues while Dr. Freeman was there. They should have brought in someone from the outside not just another person who stood watch while all these issues were occurring.

We took the cheap, easy way out yet again. Just like with the Rod Carey hire.
09-22-2018 06:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
new president
I think she will be a fine president of NIU.
09-22-2018 07:07 AM
murph83 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Man, this thread got hijacked.
09-22-2018 08:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.