Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Air out of Russia game
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Air out of Russia game
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini...on-balloon

"...Not even any but the blindest of their supporters believe the Russia nonsense anymore. I guess that's why we have the current nonsense.

So, as I wrote in my Wall Street Journal review of Fear, “Those anticipating Mr. Trump’s downfall for collusion with Russia will be disappointed by Fear.” Trump repeats his statement, made after Comey informed the president-elect of the lurid allegations in the dossier prepared by former British intelligence agent Christopher Steele, that the dossier was “a garbage document” which “never should have been part of an intelligence briefing.”

But that’s just about all that partisans like House Intelligence Committee ranking Democrat Adam Schiff refer to when they say that there’s plenty of evidence of Russian collusion already on the table?

Intelligence leaders like former CIA Director John Brennan and law enforcement officials at Comey’s FBI may have been prompted to investigate Trump’s Russian ties by the candidates bizarre statements praising Vladimir Putin, calling for accommodation with Russia and calling on Russia to release emails they may have obtained from Hillary Clinton's illegal server.

But now, two years later, it’s apparent that Trump’s foreign policy is less friendly to Russia than his predecessor’s.

And it’s also clear, thanks to my Washington Examiner colleague Byron York’s reporting, that that Russia platform plank that was supposedly watered down at the Republican National Convention was actually toughened up.

Mainstream media, as is so often the case, simply got that story wrong, in an apparent attempt to make Trump look bad. Recent examples: the Washington Post’s story on passport denials that “withheld, distorted key facts” according to the Huffington Post, and the New York Times hit piece on Nikki Haley that blamed her for overspending on curtains ordered in October 2016. Animus gone wild is the only explanation for such blunders in attacking a target-rich environment like the Trump administration.

Before 2016, I presumed that no serious person disagreed with the proposition that, as a general matter, it is undesirable to have law enforcement and intelligence agencies investigating political campaigns, particularly those of the party in opposition to the president. The potential for stifling free political debate and partisan competition is obvious...."

"...So, it’s unsurprising to read that the intelligence and law enforcement agencies are resisting or slow-walking a promised presidential order to declassify their documents and deliberations. And that congressional Democratic leaders are insisting that the agencies submit such declassified material to them before making it public. They don’t want people to know that intelligence and law enforcement agencies have been violating the general rule that they should not interfere in electoral politics...."
09-20-2018 11:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: Air out of Russia game
But...............muh Russia?
09-20-2018 02:36 PM
Redwingtom Online
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Washington Examiner opinion piece. 03-yawn
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2018 03:31 PM by Redwingtom.)
09-20-2018 03:31 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(09-20-2018 03:31 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Washington Examiner opinion piece. 03-yawn

Which makes it exactly on a par with opinion pieces from other sources.
09-20-2018 03:33 PM
Redwingtom Online
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(09-20-2018 03:33 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(09-20-2018 03:31 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Washington Examiner opinion piece. 03-yawn

Of course. Worthless.
09-20-2018 03:34 PM
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
(09-20-2018 03:33 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

uhhhhh NO!
09-21-2018 10:44 AM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
NYT's opinion piece> Washington Examiner..........

only the blindest of partisans can't see this.
09-21-2018 10:45 AM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(09-21-2018 10:45 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  NYT's opinion piece> Washington Examiner..........

If I did FIFYs, I would change that to read, "only the blindest of partisans can see this."

You have pretty much established yourself as the blindest of partisans, Mach.

Mach, you used to be a good poster--left leaning but open minded. You've kept the left lean but lost the open mind.
09-21-2018 10:56 AM
Momus Offline
Banned

I Root For: Myself
(09-21-2018 10:45 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  NYT's opinion piece> Washington Examiner..........

These are right-wingers you’re speaking about. They’ll line up behind a National Inquirer opinion piece if told to do so. Independent thinking and rational analysis aren’t in their tool bags.
09-21-2018 10:57 AM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(09-21-2018 10:57 AM)Momus Wrote:  
These are right-wingers you’re speaking about. They’ll line up behind a National Inquirer opinion piece if told to do so. Independent thinking and rational analysis aren’t in their tool bags.

Nor apparently in yours. You're a hard left partisan, but unlike Mach, you've never been open minded.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2018 11:13 AM by Owl 69/70/75.)
09-21-2018 11:09 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(09-21-2018 10:57 AM)Momus Wrote:  

Inquirer? you misspell a word that stares you in the face at every checkout line in America.

03-lmfao
09-21-2018 11:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.