murrdcu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas
RE: Week Three
Kentucky over Murray State easily
Tenn over UTEP. Not sure if it’ll be close or not
Vandy over Notre Dame. Our nerds upset the domers on NBC
Auburn over LSU because home field advantage
Colorado State over Florida because the Mountain West School could have and active win streak against SEC schools
Arkansas over North Texas. Arkansas only losses if the locker room is lost
‘Bama over Ole Miss. period
Georgia over somebody
Mississippi State too
A&M tambien
Mizzou over Purdue on the Big Ten Network (if we still get that channel down south)
South Carolina over West Virginia Lite
09-11-2018 03:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
I’m just hoping SC gets to play at all. Should know more later today
09-11-2018 08:26 AM
BePcr07 Offline
All American

I Root For: Boise St & Zags
(09-11-2018 03:11 AM)murrdcu Wrote:  DATE AWAY HOME GAME INFO
9/15 - 12:00 PM Murray State @ Kentucky SEC NETWORK
9/15 - 12:00 PM UTEP @ Tennessee SEC NETWORK
9/15 - 2:30 PM Vanderbilt @ (8) Notre Dame NBC
9/15 - 3:30 PM (12) LSU @ (7) Auburn CBS
9/15 - 4:00 PM Colorado St @ Florida SEC NETWORK
9/15 - 4:00 PM North Texas @ Arkansas SEC NETWORK
9/15 - 7:00 PM (1) Alabama @ Ole Miss. ESPN
9/15 - 7:15 PM Mid Tennessee @ (3) Georgia ESPN2
9/15 - 7:30 PM Louisiana @ (16) Miss St SEC NETWORK
9/15 - 7:30 PM UL Monroe @ Texas A&M SEC NETWORK
9/15 - 7:30 PM Missouri @ Purdue BTN
9/15 - 7:30 PM Marshall @ South Carolina ESPNU

Kentucky in a blow out. - Florida may not be that good (we'll see), but going to The Swamp and winning is no easy feat.
Tennessee wins comfortably. - Tennessee is not great but UTEP is decidedly worse.
Notre Dame in a nail biter. - I struggled picking this one. I think Vandy is better than expected but traveling to South Bend will be difficult.
Auburn in a close one. - Auburn has the home field advantage. If the game was in Death Valley, I'd go the other way.
Florida wins comfortably. - Florida won't lose at home to the Rams.
North Texas in a nail biter. - The Mean Green are having a good season. Arkansas is not.
Alabama wins but closer than expected. - The last two matches in Oxford were very close with Ole Miss winning the first.
Georgia in a blow out. - Georgia is a championship team.
Mississippi St but I'm sure of how it goes. - Lafayette is untested, only playing Grambling. Mississippi St has a history of playing to the level of their competition.
Texas A&M wins comfortably. - The Warhawks are having a good season for the Warhawks. But still.
Missouri wins comfortably. - Missouri has not had a decent opponent yet and Purdue is quite stinky.
South Carolina wins but it is closer than expected. - Marshall seems to always field a competitive team. South Carolina may have been prematurely ranked last week.

Other things to note:

Game Day is in Arlington for #15 TCU vs. #4 Ohio St. I despise non-neutral, neutral site games. For example, Boise St had a neutral site game in Atlanta against Georgia and in Washington DC against Virginia Tech. I understand the concept of not playing at someone's home, but, c'mon. They passed on two other games with two ranked teams: #7 Auburn vs. #12 LSU and #24 Oklahoma St vs. #17 Boise St. The latter had no chance of hosting. I think because Game Day was at a SEC location last week and the matchup and location of TCU/Ohio St, it was an easy decision for them.
09-11-2018 09:52 AM
panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
(09-11-2018 03:11 AM)murrdcu Wrote:  DATE AWAY HOME GAME INFO
9/15 - 12:00 PM Murray State @ Kentucky SEC NETWORK
9/15 - 12:00 PM UTEP @ Tennessee SEC NETWORK
9/15 - 2:30 PM Vanderbilt @ (8) Notre Dame NBC
9/15 - 3:30 PM (12) LSU @ (7) Auburn CBS
9/15 - 4:00 PM Colorado St @ Florida SEC NETWORK
9/15 - 4:00 PM North Texas @ Arkansas SEC NETWORK
9/15 - 7:00 PM (1) Alabama @ Ole Miss. ESPN
9/15 - 7:15 PM Mid Tennessee @ (3) Georgia ESPN2
9/15 - 7:30 PM Louisiana @ (16) Miss St SEC NETWORK
9/15 - 7:30 PM UL Monroe @ Texas A&M SEC NETWORK
9/15 - 7:30 PM Missouri @ Purdue BTN
9/15 - 7:30 PM Marshall @ South Carolina ESPNU
09-11-2018 11:10 PM
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Alabama
Florida State lost big at Syracuse. I find that fascinating. Even though Taggart is in his 1st season, I didn't expect FSU to go into the dump.
09-15-2018 03:19 PM
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Looks like Vandy is going to come up just short in their comeback bid against Notre Dame.

Arkansas is just not very good this year.

Auburn starting to pull away from LSU just a bit.
09-15-2018 04:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hawghiggs Offline
All American

We've been headed toward this outcome for several seasons now. It's going to get real ugly.
09-15-2018 05:23 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
Congratulations to L.S.U. their QB made a few more plays than ours. I would have been able to stomach this better if three interference calls on the final two drives by the same official had not been called. We looked guilty on two of them but the biggest one there at the end looked tit for tat and I felt should have been a no call.

Both D lines played well. Auburn just didn't do enough to put it away in the third.
09-15-2018 06:20 PM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
(09-15-2018 05:23 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  We've been headed toward this outcome for several seasons now. It's going to get real ugly.

The Hogs are making people forget how bad the Vols actually are

(09-15-2018 06:20 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Congratulations to L.S.U. their QB made a few more plays than ours. I would have been able to stomach this better if three interference calls on the final two drives by the same official had not been called. We looked guilty on two of them but the biggest one there at the end looked tit for tat and I felt should have been a no call.

Both D lines played well. Auburn just didn't do enough to put it away in the third.

I felt that both teams offense left a lot of points on the table. While the defenses were both good, they got a lot of help from the other side of the ball
09-15-2018 07:06 PM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
Mizzou is on the BTN and that network is pitiful. They are airing campaign commercials. Never saw that on a sports network. Don't know where the officials are from, but this is so one-sided. How do you miss a horse collar and flagrant face mask in the middle of the field? PI by Purdue ignored just now. Costed us a first down in the red zone. Even my wife is good and mad. On a lighter note, we have two brothers playing against each other. One is a WR and one is a DB. They are lining up on each other often. Their family are all wearing PUR-ZOU shirts. The Missouri CBs and safeties are getting beat badly deep. Receivers are steadily getting behind them. Purdue QB has put up almost 300 yards in the first half. Lock looks good, but we gave them two TDs after posting a 17 point lead. 27-24 at the half.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2018 08:31 PM by USAFMEDIC.)
09-15-2018 08:24 PM
Advertisement

AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

This hasn't gotten a lot of play this season so far, but the B1G is having another mediocre week.

Troy beats Nebraska

BYU, who lost to Cal last week, goes into #6 Wisconsin and upsets them. Wisky had been regarded as one of the B1G's better squads.

Kansas demolished Rutgers

Temple demolished Maryland

South Florida beat Illinois

Missouri is leading Purdue

Akron is pushing Northwestern

And TCU is currently leading the bell cow Ohio State 21-13 although there's plenty of time in that game.

Admittedly, the most embarrassing loss of the day probably belongs to the SEC as Arkansas gets killed by North Texas.
09-15-2018 09:31 PM
murrdcu Offline
1st String

(09-15-2018 09:31 PM)AllTideUp Wrote:  This hasn't gotten a lot of play this season so far, but the B1G is having another mediocre week.

Troy beats Nebraska

BYU, who lost to Cal last week, goes into #6 Wisconsin and upsets them. Wisky had been regarded as one of the B1G's better squads.

Kansas demolished Rutgers

Temple demolished Maryland

South Florida beat Illinois

Missouri is leading Purdue

Akron is pushing Northwestern

And TCU is currently leading the bell cow Ohio State 21-13 although there's plenty of time in that game.

Admittedly, the most embarrassing loss of the day probably belongs to the SEC as Arkansas gets killed by North Texas.

The Beatings are gonna get much worse for Arkansas as Auburn, A&M and Alabama await.

Gonna be a tough season in the natural state.
09-15-2018 09:35 PM
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

By contrast, Texas has decided that football is a worthy pursuit after all and is currently taking it to USC.
09-15-2018 10:23 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

Well Akron defeated Northwestern.

Mizzou beat Purdue.

And if T.C.U. hadn't self destructed in a 5 minute span at the end of the 3rd Qtr the Buckeyes might have been in deep sheisse as well.
09-15-2018 10:33 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
TCU got $5 million to move the game 18 miles.
09-15-2018 10:43 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(09-15-2018 10:23 PM)AllTideUp Wrote:  By contrast, Texas has decided that football is a worthy pursuit after all and is currently taking it to USC.
09-15-2018 10:49 PM
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

(09-15-2018 10:33 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Well Akron defeated Northwestern.

Mizzou beat Purdue.

And if T.C.U. hadn't self destructed in a 5 minute span at the end of the 3rd Qtr the Buckeyes might have been in deep sheisse as well.

Their Western division is just abysmal.

The better teams are in the East, but Ohio State's strength of schedule is going to come under major scrutiny should they be in a position to make the CFP. If they lose a game or two then they could be left out again depending on what happens around the country.
09-15-2018 10:55 PM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
Our pass defense was pitiful. The dude broke the Purdue record on us tonight with around 600 passing yards. Our offense was fine, but Georgia, SC, and Alabama are on the menu. Yikes.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2018 11:23 PM by USAFMEDIC.)
09-15-2018 11:19 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(09-15-2018 11:19 PM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  Our pass defense was pitiful. The dude broke the Purdue record on us tonight with around 600 passing yards. Our offense was fine, but Georgia, SC, and Alabama are on the menu. Yikes.

But so far you've gone 3-3 on non conference games. That's what the SEC expects because not losing those and picking up a win over the Big 10 means it raises all of our ratings. You have a 4th non conference game. Win that one and you've joined the club! Arkansas is killing us this year, but at least they are the only one. Vandy's loss today was quality in every way. When your annual bottom feeder goes to South Bend and plays the Irish to within 6 points (5) that's as good as a loss can get.
09-15-2018 11:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.