Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cleveland Browns end 14-year season opener losing streak...with a tie.
TampaTom Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
Cleveland Browns end 14-year season opener losing streak...with a tie.
21-21 is the final in Cleveland. They 'did not lose' to the Steelers. 04-cheers
09-09-2018 04:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
RE: Cleveland Browns end 14-year season opener losing streak...with a tie.
And Le'veon Bell was trolling on twitter ....

Browns, from all accounts, could have won that game.
09-09-2018 08:35 PM
jdgaucho Offline
All American

I Root For: UCSB
(09-09-2018 08:35 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  And Le'veon Bell was trolling on twitter ....

Browns, from all accounts, could have won that game.

Roethlisberger throws three picks and loses two fumbles. Steelers blew a 14 point lead in the fourth quarter. How do the Browns not win?

Steelers should be happy with the tie, all things considered.
09-11-2018 12:23 AM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
It was a Rosh Hashanah miracle!
09-11-2018 08:47 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
I haven't taken off my Browns shirt since last night. A win is a great feeling when there's only been one in two years. Really impressed with Baker Mayfield but he's still a rook and will have some ups and downs as the season goes along. It's his time now and the Browns need to see what he can do for the team, the organization and the City of Cleveland. There's no disputing the energy and confidence he brings to the team. His arm talent speaks for itself but like any successful NFL QB - you have to be consistent week-in, week-out. He's off to a good start...
09-21-2018 12:55 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

Browns win on Sunday for the first time since December 2015. They are now 2-2-1 and really should be at least 3-2 or 4-1 with 3 OT games ending in a tie, loss and win. Here's the deal, they won't go to the playoffs this year but they will be a tough out for most of their games. Baker is the real deal but still a rook. The defense is for real. They believe they can win games now. The fans are once again rabid and filling the stadium. Here's the best part...they're one of the NFL's youngest teams. The Browns are officially back.
10-09-2018 09:44 PM
Advertisement

Phlipper33 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Texas A&M
Through 5 games the Browns have 1 regulation win, 1 OT win, 1 tie, 1 OT loss, and 1 regulation loss.

Amazing symmetry.
10-12-2018 11:11 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

Well, not what I was hoping for after the first few weeks in the season but at 4-6-1 the Browns still have a pulse for the playoffs. That hasn't been said among Browns fans since I can't remember. This has been a season of exorcising the demons in so many ways. The Browns have won more than 3 games since the 2014 season, won their first road game in over two years and are currently 2-1-1 in the AFC North. They've also won two games in a row since I can't remember despite firing both the head coach and offensive coordinator. You can't make this stuff up folks. Bottom line, I know they won't make the playoffs because they just about have to win out but there is a darn good chance they'll win a few more games before the season ends. That is something to build on for next year and a real reason for optimism for fans like me that have not had a lot to be excited about for the past two decades.
11-28-2018 08:19 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
(11-28-2018 08:19 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Well, not what I was hoping for after the first few weeks in the season but at 4-6-1 the Browns still have a pulse for the playoffs. That hasn't been said among Browns fans since I can't remember. This has been a season of exorcising the demons in so many ways. The Browns have won more than 3 games since the 2014 season, won their first road game in over two years and are currently 2-1-1 in the AFC North. They've also won two games in a row since I can't remember despite firing both the head coach and offensive coordinator. You can't make this stuff up folks. Bottom line, I know they won't make the playoffs because they just about have to win out but there is a darn good chance they'll win a few more games before the season ends. That is something to build on for next year and a real reason for optimism for fans like me that have not had a lot to be excited about for the past two decades.

How did you like that could shoulder Mayfield gave Jackson after that Bengals game? LOL.

I get Mayfield's point but Hugh bouncing was a upper management decision and not his.
11-28-2018 08:23 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

(11-28-2018 08:23 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(11-28-2018 08:19 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Well, not what I was hoping for after the first few weeks in the season but at 4-6-1 the Browns still have a pulse for the playoffs. That hasn't been said among Browns fans since I can't remember. This has been a season of exorcising the demons in so many ways. The Browns have won more than 3 games since the 2014 season, won their first road game in over two years and are currently 2-1-1 in the AFC North. They've also won two games in a row since I can't remember despite firing both the head coach and offensive coordinator. You can't make this stuff up folks. Bottom line, I know they won't make the playoffs because they just about have to win out but there is a darn good chance they'll win a few more games before the season ends. That is something to build on for next year and a real reason for optimism for fans like me that have not had a lot to be excited about for the past two decades.

How did you like that could shoulder Mayfield gave Jackson after that Bengals game? LOL.

I get Mayfield's point but Hugh bouncing was a upper management decision and not his.

My take...apparently [allegedly] there is information that the team is keeping in the locker room that went on with Jackson/Haley. Baker didn't give him the cold shoulder - he shook his hand but didn't give him the hug Hugh wanted. I don't think too many Browns players hugged him either. This is professional football but I must admit it bothered me a bit that Hugh joined the Bengals just a few weeks after being fired (for going 3-36-1 over the part of three seasons FWIW) and to a team that the Browns still had to play twice. In the end, it didn't make a difference as the Browns played their best game of the season. That said, Baker shouldn't have called him fake and other things in interviews/social media. That is the competitive, confident, emotions on a sleeve side of Baker but he'll learn it's best at times not to sound off to the media. I'll give him a pass for now. On and off the field he has been exemplary and his teammates have his back.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2018 09:15 PM by UCGrad1992.)
11-28-2018 09:12 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

With their win at Denver last night, the Browns are now 6-7-1. They've won 4 out of their last 5 games and are 4-2 with Greg Williams at the helm and Freddie Kitchens as OC. They are still "mathematically alive" for the playoffs but pretty much it's a long shot at best. No matter, every Browns fan (myself included) should be extremely happy with this season of improvement and there is much to build on for next year. Greg Williams is making a strong case to get the permanent job as the head coach. There will be interest in the position (Bruce Arians) because of the young roster and talented pieces in place - namely Baker Mayfield, Nick Chubb, Myles Garrett and Denzel Ward among others.
12-16-2018 10:16 PM
Advertisement

Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
i read about the scenario it would take for the browns to get in the playoffs. something about a week seventeen game needed to end in a tie (provided the browns win out). i could easily see the browns winning the super bowl under such auspices. i'm hoping the browns do browns things, big ben hangs it up and the ravens are forced to use lamar jackson for lack of better alternatives all the while the bengals under completely new leadership on and off the field march forth a dynasty. i'm kidding. it's completely broken
12-16-2018 11:09 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

(12-16-2018 11:09 PM)Lush Wrote:  i read about the scenario it would take for the browns to get in the playoffs. something about a week seventeen game needed to end in a tie (provided the browns win out). i could easily see the browns winning the super bowl under such auspices. i'm hoping the browns do browns things, big ben hangs it up and the ravens are forced to use lamar jackson for lack of better alternatives all the while the bengals under completely new leadership on and off the field march forth a dynasty. i'm kidding. it's completely broken

I'll trade you two decades of impotence for your lack of playoff victories. For fans to get excited about 6 wins is all you need to know about the futility of the Browns franchise. But, there's something cool about loyal fans who stick it out to go ape shat when it's finally goin' down the right track. Advice for the Bengals...don't let Hue Jackson in Cleveland's stadium this Sunday. Next best alternative...keep him in the press box outta sight and outta mind...
12-17-2018 10:15 PM
DawgNBama Offline
the Rush Limbaugh of CSNBBS

I Root For: conservativism/MAGA
(10-09-2018 09:44 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Browns win on Sunday for the first time since December 2015. They are now 2-2-1 and really should be at least 3-2 or 4-1 with 3 OT games ending in a tie, loss and win. Here's the deal, they won't go to the playoffs this year but they will be a tough out for most of their games. Baker is the real deal but still a rook. The defense is for real. They believe they can win games now. The fans are once again rabid and filling the stadium. Here's the best part...they're one of the NFL's youngest teams. The Browns are officially back.
I am glad the Browns are officially back!! It was sad watching the old Browns “die” and become the Ravens. But the new expansion Browns have been growing on me, and now to hear that they will finally be good really has me happy for the city of Cleveland and Browns fans everywhere!!
12-18-2018 07:43 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
If they were a stock, I'd sell on the Bengals and buy the Browns. If Bengals retain Marvin, or in the alternative hire Hue they will have a hard time selling tickets for the foreseeable future. Browns more likely to get that playoff win at this point.
12-18-2018 09:02 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

(12-18-2018 09:02 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  If they were a stock, I'd sell on the Bengals and buy the Browns. If Bengals retain Marvin, or in the alternative hire Hue they will have a hard time selling tickets for the foreseeable future. Browns more likely to get that playoff win at this point.

Sound financial advice.
12-19-2018 07:53 PM
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

(12-19-2018 07:53 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  
(12-18-2018 09:02 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  If they were a stock, I'd sell on the Bengals and buy the Browns. If Bengals retain Marvin, or in the alternative hire Hue they will have a hard time selling tickets for the foreseeable future. Browns more likely to get that playoff win at this point.

Sound financial advice.

Seconded! Thirded! KaBoom! Pinch me! No, really...pinch me! I want to make sure I'm not dreaming or that I'm in some alternate reality. The Cleveland Browns, my pro football team that I've been rooting for since I was in the 6th grade, just elevated themselves to not only the favorites to win the AFC North but also to legit Super Bowl contenders in 2019! That's right, SUPER BOWL CONTENDERS BABY!!!!! Here's what the organization did to get there...

1. Draft Baker Mayfield.
2. Draft Nick Chubb.
3. Signed the rights to former Kansas City RB Kareem Hunt.
4. Traded guard Kevin Zeitler and a mid round pick to Giants for DE Olivier Vernon and a higher mid round pick.
5. Signed FA DT tackle and former Viking Sheldon Richardson to a 3 year deal.
6. Signed FA WR Breshad Perriman to a one year deal.
7. The biggest off-season trade move...wait for it...wait...Browns trade their 2019 first round pick (#17), 3rd round pick (#95) and starting safety Jabrill Peppers for ODELL BECKHAM, JR.!!!

You now have arguably the most dynamic offense this side of Kansas City to go with an improved defense - especially along the DEE line. Unfuggin'believeable! I don't care about anything else right now. Life is good for long suffering Browns fans! John Dorsey is a fuggin' genius!!!! He has transformed this team in just two years. I still can't believe it....
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019 09:40 PM by UCGrad1992.)
03-12-2019 08:21 PM
Brookes Owl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls
The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonators
(03-12-2019 08:21 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  

Sound financial advice.

Seconded! Thirded! KaBoom! Pinch me! No, really...pinch me! I want to make sure I'm not dreaming or that I'm in some alternate reality. The Cleveland Browns, my pro football team that I've been rooting for since I was in the 6th grade, just elevated themselves to not only the favorites to win the AFC North but also to legit Super Bowl contenders in 2019! That's right, SUPER BOWL CONTENDERS BABY!!!!! Here's what the organization did to get there...

1. Draft Baker Mayfield.
2. Draft Nick Chubb.
4. Traded guard Kevin Zeitler and a mid round pick to Giants for DE Olivier Vernon and a higher mid round pick.
7. The biggest off-season trade move...wait for it...wait...Browns trade their 2019 first round pick (#17), 3rd round pick (#95) and starting safety Jabrill Peppers for ODELL BECKHAM, JR.!!!

You now have arguably the most dynamic offense this side of Kansas City to go with an improved defense - especially along the DEE line. Unfuggin'believeable! I don't care about anything else right now. Life is good for long suffering Browns fans! John Dorsey is a fuggin' genius!!!! He has transformed this team in just two years. I still can't believe it....

Look, I don't mean to rain on your parade but they are still the Cleveland Browns, yes?
03-12-2019 10:56 PM
BePcr07 Online
All American

I Root For: Boise St & Zags
I cheer for perennial underdogs along with my personal favorite teams. Hopefully the Browns can get a division title!
03-12-2019 11:55 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

(03-12-2019 10:56 PM)Brookes Owl Wrote:  
(03-12-2019 08:21 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  

Sound financial advice.

1. Draft Baker Mayfield.
2. Draft Nick Chubb.

Look, I don't mean to rain on your parade but they are still the Cleveland Browns, yes?

The Cleveland Browns of old they are not. I understand that there are good teams on paper and teams that get it done on the field. They have to show they can do the latter. I am confident they can because they have all the main pieces in play and the key is Baker Mayfield. This has been a QB-driven league for some time now and teams only go as far the QB takes them. Staying away from a major injury is key too (see Carson Wentz). Mayfield has been counted out his whole career going back to college and he steps up every time and gets it done. Had he started for the Browns from day one this past season, the Browns very well could've made the playoffs and he'd won ROTY. The other reason for optimism is the AFC North is wide open with Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Cincinnati trending down and in some cases aging out in key positions.
03-13-2019 07:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.