Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game Week: @UBuffalo
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Game Week: @UBuffalo
Amazing but EMU (2 - 0) plays @Buffalo (2 - 0) in a battle of the only 2 - 0 MAC teams.

One of these two teams will be sitting alone at the top of the MAC, 3 - 0.

E'Tough has previously declared that Purdue is the toughest opponent on our 2018 schedule.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2018 02:05 AM by emu steve.)
09-09-2018 02:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dansplaining Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU - DCFC
RE: Game Week: @UBuffalo
Buffalo is a great city to road trip to. Only about 4-5 hours from Metro-Detroit (depending if you cut through Canada or not). 6 PM kick off means you have plenty of time to hit Duffs or the Anchor Bar. I'll be making the trip.
09-09-2018 06:02 AM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
Boy, the media attention we would get if it's little 'ole Eastern Michigan that's 3-0

Find a way to win..... focus, fight, and finish!!!
09-09-2018 06:31 AM
KPJ Offline
1st String

I LOVED what I saw yesterday and couldn’t be more happy with what I saw. I’ve held off on mentioning this because I don’t want to be “that guy”, but here it goes. After we beat a B1G team last year, we went on a six game losing streak. So here’s to hoping that we’ve truly turned the corner and can come out of Buffalo with a big win.
09-09-2018 07:19 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(09-09-2018 07:19 AM)KPJ Wrote:  I LOVED what I saw yesterday and couldn’t be more happy with what I saw. I’ve held off on mentioning this because I don’t want to be “that guy”, but here it goes. After we beat a B1G team last year, we went on a six game losing streak. So here’s to hoping that we’ve truly turned the corner and can come out of Buffalo with a big win.

Don't want to jinx the team, but we are the only undefeated FBS team in Michigan.
09-09-2018 07:31 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
So when does our rushing game get back on track? Our offense has looked good without it, but it would nice to see some balance.

Hoying maybe out for a while, whats the status of our defensive tackles? We surprisingly allowed alot of rushing yards yesterday and what saved us was their fumbles and stupid penalities. Nice to see guys like Maxx Pickett and Oakes return to the playing field.
09-09-2018 09:33 AM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

Based on the Sagarins, published in the USA Today, it suggests that the game will probably be a 'pickem' game.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sa...onference/
09-09-2018 09:57 AM
EagleTough Offline
All American

Very tough but simple game. Have to limit their 2 studs, the QB & receiver. Neathery will have a plan, the players just need to execute, win the turnover battle, and continue the excellent special teams play.

Buffalo is no joke.
09-09-2018 10:42 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
Also Purdue had six sacks yesterday which surprised me.
09-09-2018 10:48 AM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(09-09-2018 10:48 AM)emu79 Wrote:  Also Purdue had six sacks yesterday which surprised me.

Wiegers had all day for the 1st 3 qtr's so Purdue smartly started bringing extra pressure in the 4th. Our OL and RB's weren't prepared for it. Something to definitely work on moving forward.
09-09-2018 11:12 AM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

09-11-2018 09:34 AM
Advertisement

fanfrompowellspub Offline
Special Teams

Worried about this game. But more worried about our next home game I feel we sometimes play worse at home? anyone else get that vibe.
09-11-2018 10:12 AM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

(09-11-2018 10:12 AM)fanfrompowellspub Wrote:  Worried about this game. But more worried about our next home game I feel we sometimes play worse at home? anyone else get that vibe.

I'm worried about this one as well. First MAC game against maybe the best team in the East on the road, following a huge, last second victory over a Big Ten team. A letdown performance wouldn't surprise me.

But a win would be colossal. 3-0 start with no pressure to win going across the country to SDSU, and a back half of the schedule that's mostly at home following not too far behind. Plus, it would show the conference that we are for real.

I'm sure Creighton will have the boys ready to go. Can't wait to watch.
09-11-2018 10:23 AM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(09-11-2018 10:23 AM)EagleSam Wrote:  
(09-11-2018 10:12 AM)fanfrompowellspub Wrote:  Worried about this game. But more worried about our next home game I feel we sometimes play worse at home? anyone else get that vibe.

I'm worried about this one as well. First MAC game against maybe the best team in the East on the road, following a huge, last second victory over a Big Ten team. A letdown performance wouldn't surprise me.

But a win would be colossal. 3-0 start with no pressure to win going across the country to SDSU, and a back half of the schedule that's mostly at home following not too far behind. Plus, it would show the conference that we are for real.

Guys I am in your boat as well. I don't like our chances in San Diego the following week due to the venue and game time. Unfortunately the MAC schedule is incredibly front loaded, our last three games and for that matter Army, are probably the softest opponents we have outside of Monmouth while the next five MAC teams we face are all likely to be favored or a pick-em.

Winning in New York would eliminate the "Deja Vu" feeling that our performance after the victory over Rutgers would create. BEAT BUFFALO and frankly I don't care how we do against SDSU. Traveling through 3 time zones and playing a West Coast team at 10:30 at night is insane. Ask MSU how that worked out for them.
09-11-2018 05:19 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(09-11-2018 05:19 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  

Guys I am in your boat as well. I don't like our chances in San Diego the following week due to the venue and game time. Unfortunately the MAC schedule is incredibly front loaded, our last three games and for that matter Army, are probably the softest opponents we have outside of Monmouth while the next five MAC teams we face are all likely to be favored or a pick-em.

Winning in New York would eliminate the "Deja Vu" feeling that our performance after the victory over Rutgers would create. BEAT BUFFALO and frankly I don't care how we do against SDSU. Traveling through 3 time zones and playing a West Coast team at 10:30 at night is insane. Ask MSU how that worked out for them.

Agree with everyone. Buffalo is solid on both O & D, with a lot of veterans, and at least 3 NFL draft picks on the roster. Much like #4 for Purdue, we need to find a way to limit #83 for Buffalo.

NIU is really good on D, but their QB & O leave a LOT to be desired.

Just looking at SDSU as a cool road trip. A win......WOW.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2018 08:32 PM by EagleTough.)
09-11-2018 08:31 PM
alum93 Offline
2nd String

(09-09-2018 06:02 AM)dansplaining Wrote:  Buffalo is a great city to road trip to. Only about 4-5 hours from Metro-Detroit (depending if you cut through Canada or not). 6 PM kick off means you have plenty of time to hit Duffs or the Anchor Bar. I'll be making the trip.

me too, Section 109 I believe
09-12-2018 10:02 AM
Advertisement

dansplaining Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU - DCFC
(09-12-2018 10:02 AM)alum93 Wrote:  
(09-09-2018 06:02 AM)dansplaining Wrote:  Buffalo is a great city to road trip to. Only about 4-5 hours from Metro-Detroit (depending if you cut through Canada or not). 6 PM kick off means you have plenty of time to hit Duffs or the Anchor Bar. I'll be making the trip.

me too, Section 109 I believe

Look for us at the tailgate
09-12-2018 01:08 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

(09-11-2018 08:31 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  
(09-11-2018 05:19 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  

Agree with everyone. Buffalo is solid on both O & D, with a lot of veterans, and at least 3 NFL draft picks on the roster. Much like #4 for Purdue, we need to find a way to limit #83 for Buffalo.

NIU is really good on D, but their QB & O leave a LOT to be desired.

Just looking at SDSU as a cool road trip. A win......WOW.

....and Toledo has a new QB and has to replace several starters on both sides of the ball which is why I believe EMU has a legitimate shot to become MAC Champions. Not getting ahead of ourselves, the Buffalo game should answer whether or not we have a shot. We will find out how good Toledo is this Saturday playing UofMiaimi Florida .
09-12-2018 03:28 PM
EagleHawk Offline
Special Teams

09-12-2018 08:21 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(09-12-2018 08:21 PM)EagleHawk Wrote:  http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/spor...story.html

Every little bit helps. Not knowing much about them, other than looking at 1st 2 games and reading a little, I'm not sure they're as good this year as year's past.

Interesting looking at their roster after reading about this DLineman's injury. Their DLine is undersized, with the heaviest guy at 280.

They could be in trouble against Arizona State this week.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2018 08:47 PM by EagleTough.)
09-12-2018 08:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.