Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

University of Memphis looking to Add Medical school to U Of M Lambuth campus in Jacks
Bookmark and Share
tigerscane Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tha tigers
University of Memphis looking to Add Medical school to U Of M Lambuth campus in Jacks
09-07-2018 07:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tigerscane Offline
Heisman

RE: University of Memphis looking to Add Medical school to U Of M Lambuth campus in Jacks
09-07-2018 08:00 PM
tigerscane Offline
Heisman

RE: University of Memphis looking to Add Medical school to U Of M Lambuth campus in Jacks
With a New Aviation Degree program at the Univerisity of Memphis coming and now a future Medical School for the Lambuth Campus plus FedEx offering its Hubs Employees Globally a free Tuition for University of Memphis Online Programs and they are really pushing for greater things JRSEC...We are working towards getting there my man....You guys thoughts on these....
09-07-2018 08:04 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(09-07-2018 08:04 PM)tigerscane Wrote:  With a New Aviation Degree program at the Univerisity of Memphis coming and now a future Medical School for the Lambuth Campus plus FedEx offering its Hubs Employees Globally a free Tuition for University of Memphis Online Programs and they are really pushing for greater things JRSEC...We are working towards getting there my man....You guys thoughts on these....

Apply at the ACC office. We have 2 Tennessee schools already and they need the market!
09-07-2018 08:17 PM
tigerscane Offline
Heisman

They are Pushing to get better and Greater, Within 24 months they could become the Largest Enrollment school in TN...I wouldn't mind shooting for ACC or even Pac-12...Was just sharing good things coming at University of Memphis and that we are pushing for so much more...
09-07-2018 08:30 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(09-07-2018 08:30 PM)tigerscane Wrote:  They are Pushing to get better and Greater, Within 24 months they could become the Largest Enrollment school in TN...I wouldn't mind shooting for ACC or even Pac-12...Was just sharing good things coming at University of Memphis and that we are pushing for so much more...

Forget the PAC. Too far, too snooty (even by ACC standards) and totally whacky. It's the ACC or bust.
09-07-2018 08:42 PM
Hokie Mark Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(09-07-2018 08:42 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(09-07-2018 08:30 PM)tigerscane Wrote:  They are Pushing to get better and Greater, Within 24 months they could become the Largest Enrollment school in TN...I wouldn't mind shooting for ACC or even Pac-12...Was just sharing good things coming at University of Memphis and that we are pushing for so much more...

Forget the PAC. Too far, too snooty (even by ACC standards) and totally whacky. It's the ACC or bust.

If things really improve for Memphis, I could see them getting into the ACC in, say, 10 to 20 years (need a track record, too). That's how UL did it.
09-08-2018 05:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bigblueblindness Offline
1st String

I Root For: UK, Lipscomb
Memphis is in a unique spot culturally because they fit the rivertown culture of Cincinnati and Louisville and the deep south culture of east Texas/Louisiana/Mississippi, but they are unlikely to fit into a conference where both worlds meet. They do not have a true peer in the states of Missouri, Arkansas, or Louisiana, so it would be hard for them to eventually bridge in with schools like Kansas State, Oklahoma State, or Houston.

Having a medical school in Jackson does not really move the needle. It is a whole different campus in an entirely different city, and that is like UT-Knoxville picking and choosing to use the best aspects of their satellite campuses to improve their stock.

To me, Memphis makes a lot of sense in conference with Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, Houston, Louisville, and Cincinnati for a sort of Heartland Conference. If there were major academic improvements and investments taking place over the next generation, Arkansas State, Missouri State, ULL, and one of the Alabama state schools makes sense. Memphis is just in a tough spot like the dozen other similar schools across the entire country that were forced to make the awkward AAC.
09-08-2018 11:26 AM
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
If Texas can get onboard the ACC in any capacity, Memphis could be a good bridge - especially if Texas and Notre Dame join as partial members, and Texas has an in-state buddy that joins as a full member.

West - TCU, Memphis, Louisville, FSU
East - Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Boston College, Miami
Atlantic - Duke, Wake Forest, Clemson, Georgia Tech
Coastal - UNC, NC State, Virginia, Virginia Tech

Notre Dame and Texas play everyone once every three years.
09-08-2018 04:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bigblueblindness Offline
1st String

I Root For: UK, Lipscomb
(09-08-2018 04:45 PM)chargeradio Wrote:  If Texas can get onboard the ACC in any capacity, Memphis could be a good bridge - especially if Texas and Notre Dame join as partial members, and Texas has an in-state buddy that joins as a full member.

West - TCU, Memphis, Louisville, FSU
East - Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Boston College, Miami
Atlantic - Duke, Wake Forest, Clemson, Georgia Tech
Coastal - UNC, NC State, Virginia, Virginia Tech

Notre Dame and Texas play everyone once every three years.

I'm skeptical of any top programs like Texas and Oklahoma voluntarily aligning with schools like Memphis as content is clearly becoming king. They are in this realignment posturing position right now with schools that at least one tier higher on the pecking order than Memphis can become over the next decade. Why would they abandon alliance with the status quo to join a conference with a lower payout that would just get lower with Memphis?

Memphis, ECU, USF, UCF, Houston, and eventually other state run schools outside the top 100 academic institutions could and should make a stellar conference that highlights their regional appeal. It is just not in the cards for state schools with established flagships and similarly prominent "State" schools to think that they can overtake national branding appeal. This is no diss on these schools; I think quite a few existing P5 schools will find themselves in this position as soon as the powerhouses are forced to trim the fat and move on from propping up schools without national appeal.
09-09-2018 04:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.