Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Power Rankings Week 2
Bookmark and Share
ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
Power Rankings Week 2
Any thoughts on how power ranking for the conference?

1. Ohio State: I am very close between 1 and 2 and if defense doesn't look sharper will probably change this next week. Great offense show week 1 and I think correctable defense, but we'll see.
2. Wisconsin: Could easily see them being Big Ten champs.
3. Michigan: Maybe too high after suffering the conference's only loss. Still would probably take them in match-up vs. any team further down list for the moment though if forced to guess a winner.
4. Michigan State: Very experienced team. Probably should be higher than Michigan, but also struggled a bit more than would like week 1, and at this point in the season I am still going more by instinct (will adjust to that being less and less as season goes).
5. Penn State: Like Michigan, could be a lot lower after the first week result, but this feels to me like a game you just take and move on. Could be a struggle this year, but I think more likely just opening games hiccup vs. one of better teams from Sun Belt. Will know much more after playing Pitt this week.
6. Northwestern: Only conference win so far by anyone.
7. Maryland: Beat Texas 2 years in a row. I think this is a team that could surprise this year, but also think could fall apart somewhat like last year. I lean more to the former, especially if quarterbacks stay healthy, but we'll see.
8. Iowa: Maybe too low here. Always a hard team to gauge as Ferentz seems to have a team that goes from OK for multiple years to great for a year and back to OK for awhile again. It's like rinse and repeat, but I don't know which kind of year this one is.
9. Nebraska: No results this week. Hard to make many judgements on the new coaching era until we see something.
10. Purdue: Close game vs. Northwestern that could have gone either way.
11. Minnesota: Easy win on first night of college football.
12. Indiana: Road win to start the season is always good regardless of team.
13. Rutgers: Could see this year being a lot better and first game was fine.
14. Illinois: Got the win. That much I can say. Lovie Smith needs a good year,
09-04-2018 10:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.