Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Gameday Improvements
Bookmark and Share
EagNBran Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Gameday Improvements
So despite JSU's band playing at inopportune times (I'm sure many sponsors loved their ads being drowned out by their band), I believe we should give a hats off to the athletic department for fixing one of the glaring problems from last year. Speakers sounded SO MUCH better. I could actually hear what was being said. Music choices were good for the most part, but more than anything, I didn't feel like I was in a library, a constant feeling I had during the Kentucky game last year.

Now let's utilize the scoreboard more. I'm all for doing ads during the game. We have to make money somehow, don't we? But let's not ignore fun games on the board. Let's also get the Top 25 Scoreboard updated once a quarter (or scroll scores at the bottom of the screen).

We can't control who we play at home each week (for the most part), but we can control the experience our fans receive when they get there. This weekend was a step in the right direction, but there's still much to be done. Let's make fans leave the stadium, win or lose, excited to come back next time.

Edit: Also, I thought the birthday parade thing was great. Just a little thing where the kids chase Seymour around the field for their birthday. It's small, and it's just a little funny thing, but I know how much I would have wanted to do that as a kid. Didn't seem 'high schoolish', just seemed like a good way to celebrate their birthday and let everyone in the stands be like "Aww...".
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2018 08:56 AM by EagNBran.)
09-04-2018 08:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Black Diamond Reb Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ole Miss / USM
RE: Gameday Improvements
(09-04-2018 08:54 AM)EagNBran Wrote:  Let's also get the Top 25 Scoreboard updated once a quarter.

You don't have a score app?
09-04-2018 09:06 AM
GCEagle Offline
Special Teams

There are definitely some kinks to work out with the video and sound, but this was a big improvement over the last few years. Even the added sponsorships gave the presentation a bigger feel.
09-04-2018 09:10 AM
Advertisement

eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
(09-04-2018 09:10 AM)GCEagle Wrote:  Some kinks to work out with the video and sound

Here they are then, The Kinks:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2GmzyeeXnQ
09-04-2018 11:32 AM
Big Dub Offline
C-USA Troll?

Larger inflatable helmet would really excite the crowd imo...
09-04-2018 07:34 PM
Advertisement

gnarlesmarx Offline
Water Engineer

im just glad they stopped that karaoke with the coaches bull****
09-05-2018 03:27 PM
eagle04 Offline
All American

(09-05-2018 03:27 PM)gnarlesmarx Wrote:  im just glad they stopped that karaoke with the coaches bull****

They played it.

You just couldn't hear it over the BOOM.
09-06-2018 10:42 AM
Advertisement

usm99 Offline
Heisman

(09-06-2018 10:42 AM)eagle04 Wrote:  
(09-05-2018 03:27 PM)gnarlesmarx Wrote:  im just glad they stopped that karaoke with the coaches bull****

They played it.

You just couldn't hear it
over the BOOM.

What was the reasoning/logic for not being able to hear the pregame video. The actual video was pretty much the same as last year but there was no volume to it....and it was't because of the bands or broke speaker.
09-06-2018 01:41 PM
eagle04 Offline
All American

(09-06-2018 01:41 PM)usm99 Wrote:  
(09-06-2018 10:42 AM)eagle04 Wrote:  

They played it.

You just couldn't hear it
over the BOOM.

What was the reasoning/logic for not being able to hear the pregame video. The actual video was pretty much the same as last year but there was no volume to it....and it was't because of the bands or broke speaker.

No idea.

Didn't walk in until right at kickoff.
09-06-2018 02:53 PM
Advertisement

eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
(09-04-2018 07:34 PM)Big Dub Wrote:  Larger inflatable helmet would really excite the crowd imo...

or stink could bring his sexy, inflatable, vibrating toy girl, THAT would really excite the crowd.04-cheers
09-07-2018 10:10 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(09-07-2018 10:10 AM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  
(09-04-2018 07:34 PM)Big Dub Wrote:  Larger inflatable helmet would really excite the crowd imo...

or stink could bring his sexy, inflatable, vibrating toy girl, THAT would really excite the crowd.04-cheers

lol.....she doesn't get out much.....I'm the jealous type....

[Image: rBVaGVSRQC6Af5A9AAOfJINva2k086.jpg]
09-07-2018 04:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.