Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Eagles in the NFL
Bookmark and Share
vannzee Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU
Eagles in the NFL
The Packers have signed HB Darius Jackson off of the Cowboys practice squad.
09-03-2018 03:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

RE: Eagles in the NFL
(09-03-2018 03:46 PM)vannzee Wrote:  The Packers have signed HB Darius Jackson off of the Cowboys practice squad.

Alright Darius!!!
09-03-2018 06:01 PM
masttg Offline
1st String

Coincidence: GB cut Bronson Hill to sign Darius Jackson.

53-roster list: TJ Lang, Lions; Andrew Wylie, Chiefs; Darius Jackson, Packers.
Practice squad: Pat O'Connor, Buccaneers
IR: Sergio Bailey, Buccaneers; Cole Gardner, Buccaneers
09-03-2018 07:47 PM
mpleafan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: EMU, U of M
https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/1036762318976294919

Sounds like Wylie has a chance at starting this year too?
09-03-2018 10:51 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

Wylie listed as the starting left guard on the Chiefs depth chart. Great for Andrew!
09-04-2018 08:58 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

Andrew Wylie is the starting LG on an offense that’s averaging 40 points a game through two weeks. Great for him!
09-16-2018 07:46 PM
Advertisement

ljmhurons Offline
1st String

I Root For: emu
One of the leading offenses is Tampa Bay. Their OC is former EMU OC, Todd Monken.
09-17-2018 08:42 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(09-17-2018 08:42 PM)ljmhurons Wrote:  One of the leading offenses is Tampa Bay. Their OC is former EMU OC, Todd Monken.

Thanks for that information lmj! Glad to see that "you are back" so to speak. You are indeed too solid for EMU to remain a sniper.
09-18-2018 05:30 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

https://footballmaven.io/chiefs/gameday/...um=twitter

Nice read on Andrew Wylie, who made his first career start last night, against a stout Bengals d-line, and played well. Right Guard should be his job to lose for the rest of the year, with the Chiefs' starter on IR. I hope he makes the most of his opportunity.

Lots of MACtion on the Chiefs offense, with Eric Fisher at LT and Kareem Hunt picking up right where he left off from an amazing rookie season.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2018 03:58 PM by EagleSam.)
10-22-2018 03:57 PM
FrankAnderson Offline
All American

Awesome story. Gotta love Wiley. He's representing us well.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2018 07:47 PM by FrankAnderson.)
10-22-2018 04:22 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Lions are also very MACtion: Lang, Golladay, Roberts, and Bellore.

Roberts had a big day yesterday (2 TDs) and Bellore a great block to lead a TD run.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2018 07:02 PM by emu steve.)
10-22-2018 07:01 PM
Advertisement

Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(10-22-2018 07:01 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Lions are also very MACtion: Lang, Golladay, Roberts, and Bellore.

Roberts had a big day yesterday (2 TDs) and Bellore a great block to lead a TD run.

I think KPJ previously referenced the idea of MAC players being so consequential to the NFL. Rothliesberger and Brown from the Steelers, Khalid Mack, Kareem Hunt, TJ Lang, etc... The MAC does produce outstanding football players while not keeping pace in basketball.

MAC football presents a unique value proposition. Good football at a fraction of the price of Power 5 games, low cost parking and generally a no stress environment at their venues. I will watch the BIG on television and attend the MAC games in person.
10-22-2018 07:44 PM
HuronRob Offline
Special Teams

Eagles in the NFL
(10-22-2018 07:44 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  
(10-22-2018 07:01 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Lions are also very MACtion: Lang, Golladay, Roberts, and Bellore.

I think KPJ previously referenced the idea of MAC players being so consequential to the NFL. Rothliesberger and Brown from the Steelers, Khalid Mack, Kareem Hunt, TJ Lang, etc... The MAC does produce outstanding football players while not keeping pace in basketball.

MAC football presents a unique value proposition. Good football at a fraction of the price of Power 5 games, low cost parking and generally a no stress environment at their venues. I will watch the BIG on television and attend the MAC games in person.

Agree 100%. We went to the game on Sarurday. Parking was $5.00 and tickets were $20/each. BSU has a beautiful campus but our stafium is much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
10-22-2018 08:22 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
(10-22-2018 08:22 PM)HuronRob Wrote:  

Agree 100%. We went to the game on Sarurday. Parking was $5.00 and tickets were $20/each. BSU has a beautiful campus but our stafium is much better.

You guys are spot on. I haven’t been to a Power 5 game in many years. It’s a complete beating; from the financial disincentives at every turn, to the NFL game day experience (not a compliment), to the over saturated crowding. Yuck. I prefer the GLIAC to the B1G in person by far.
10-23-2018 01:18 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

Really. I thought we had an inferior stadium but a superior campus.
10-23-2018 03:12 AM
HuronRob Offline
Special Teams

Eagles in the NFL
(10-23-2018 03:12 AM)emu steve Wrote:  

Really. I thought we had an inferior stadium but a superior campus.

The visitor’s stands are glorified high school stands - all aluminum with no concrete at all. Port-a-johns rather than real bathropms (I’m talking visitor’s side). Their stadium does look nice and it is okay but our stadium and sports complex, really, is nicer. BSU’s campus is very much like MSU’s campus only on a smaller scale. It is gorgeous . My wife and son, also EMU alums, were blown away too. Not taking anything away from our campus, BSU’s just impressed all of us.

10-23-2018 07:33 AM
Advertisement

FrankAnderson Offline
All American

Just my opinion, BSU has a 'nice' stadium but it feels so small-time. Like an excellent high school stadium, not an FBS stadium.

It's relatively newer and looks clean, but like Rob said, porta-potties and bleachers around the stadium give it a high school vibe. Stands are all low rise.
10-23-2018 08:13 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

So let me deduce:

BSU has a beautiful campus and but inferior stadium so the incentive is to stay on campus Saturday afternoons and avoid the stadium, especially if the weather isn't too beautiful. 03-shhhh

Of course, if BSU had beaten ND, then...
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2018 09:11 AM by emu steve.)
10-23-2018 09:11 AM
HuronRob Offline
Special Teams

Eagles in the NFL
(10-23-2018 09:11 AM)emu steve Wrote:  

So let me deduce:

BSU has a beautiful campus and but inferior stadium so the incentive is to stay on campus Saturday afternoons and avoid the stadium, especially if the weather isn't too beautiful. 03-shhhh

Of course, if BSU had beaten ND, then...

We all need to communicate better when we’re going to away games. It would’ve been great to meet up with you even if only to greet each other and shake hands.

10-23-2018 11:35 AM
KPJ Offline
1st String

EMU
CMU
Toledo
All starting on the NFL's #1 offense.
#MACtion
10-23-2018 02:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.