Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New baseball roster
Fort Bend Owl Online
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
New baseball roster
https://riceowls.com/roster.aspx?path=baseball

Sorry been a bit distracted as of late so no time to comment. Others can mention additions/deletions/etc.
09-01-2018 02:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ExcitedOwl18 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice
RE: New baseball roster
Aaron Beaulaurier JuCo outfielder is the only surprising addition.
09-01-2018 03:08 PM
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice Owls

The Parliament Awards
Thanks to Rick Mello for posting after I mentioned to him yesterday that neither the 2019 roster or schedule were up on riceowls.com yet. Not sure why the schedule has yet to be posted, but I do know we open the season with three home weekend series (Rhode Island, UC-Irvine, Oklahoma) in addition to Minute Maid (Texas State, Baylor, TCU).

The only surprise to me on the roster is the inclusion of both Brandt Frazier and Khevin Brewer, as I thought both were Seniors last year. Mello was high on true Freshman, Justin Dunlap.
09-01-2018 03:28 PM
Fort Bend Owl Online
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Wasn't Andrew Dunlap still a possibility? I guess that didn't happen. I'm a little worried we only return 5 hitters with significant at-bats last year and only add four newcomers who are considered hitters (including the JUCO guy who I believe was mentioned in the recruiting thread). Some of the pitchers who can be two-way players (Moss and Jefferies for instance) are going to have bat some. Especially if we get any injuries to position players.
09-02-2018 01:32 PM
Advertisement

OldOwl Offline
1st String

Tyner will be also playing Baseball in addition to football. You count him also.
(09-02-2018 01:32 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Wasn't Andrew Dunlap still a possibility? I guess that didn't happen. I'm a little worried we only return 5 hitters with significant at-bats last year and only add four newcomers who are considered hitters (including the JUCO guy who I believe was mentioned in the recruiting thread). Some of the pitchers who can be two-way players (Moss and Jefferies for instance) are going to have bat some. Especially if we get any injuries to position players.
09-02-2018 02:12 PM
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
(09-02-2018 01:32 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Wasn't Andrew Dunlap still a possibility? I guess that didn't happen. I'm a little worried we only return 5 hitters with significant at-bats last year and only add four newcomers who are considered hitters (including the JUCO guy who I believe was mentioned in the recruiting thread). Some of the pitchers who can be two-way players (Moss and Jefferies for instance) are going to have bat some. Especially if we get any injuries to position players.

DiCaprio, Collins, Trei Cruz, Comeaux, Cox (who hit much better the final 6 weeks of the season), Cade Edwards (the TCU transfer who tore it up during last year's Fall Ball). Gneiting had a VERY disappointing 2018, but he has proven he can hit. Fielding is another question. He's best used as a left-handed DH. I'm assuming Antonio Cruz will get a shot in CF. The JUCO guy and Justin Dunlap are the other two newcomers who have the best shot of making the lineup.

From what I've heard, Andrew Dunlap would like to come back, but as was the case last year, he works full time during the Fall semester (to support his growing family). The problem is that from what I've heard, Bragga is working the guys hard (weight room at 6:00am!), and is not likely to be amenable to Andrew not showing up until January.

As for Moss and Jefferies, I'd prefer they focus exclusively on pitching, as both will be very important contributors to the staff.
09-02-2018 07:50 PM
DMS Owl Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Rice
(09-01-2018 03:28 PM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  Thanks to Rick Mello for posting after I mentioned to him yesterday that neither the 2019 roster or schedule were up on riceowls.com yet. Not sure why the schedule has yet to be posted, but I do know we open the season with three home weekend series (Rhode Island, UC-Irvine, Oklahoma) in addition to Minute Maid (Texas State, Baylor, TCU).

The only surprise to me on the roster is the inclusion of both Brandt Frazier and Khevin Brewer, as I thought both were Seniors last year. Mello was high on true Freshman, Justin Dunlap.

Brandt and Khevin were both freshmen when I was a sophomore on the team (four years ago), and would be in their fifth years now. I'm fairly certain both redshirted at some point in the last four years.
09-03-2018 05:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.