Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

G5 Problems...
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
G5 Problems...
So so far on GameDay have watched them troll UCF and now have Luke Bryan come out as guest picker and say how big a CFB fan he is and how he follows recruiting "especially hopefully the players coming to the Bulldogs"

Mr. Bryan is a 1999 graduate of Georgia Southern University.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
09-01-2018 10:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: G5 Problems...
Georgia is a P5. They have access to the playoff. Georgia Southern is a G5. They do not have access to the playoff. Maybe if the G5 had a legitimate path to the playoff more G5 graduates wouldn’t actually support their university and not have to piggyback onto supporting a P5. Right now the structure of college football dictates the G5 team is an afterthought.
09-01-2018 11:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(09-01-2018 10:45 AM)panama Wrote:  So so far on GameDay have watched them troll UCF and now have Luke Bryan come out as guest picker and say how big a CFB fan he is and how he follows recruiting "especially hopefully the players coming to the Bulldogs"

Did GS have a football team in 99?
09-01-2018 11:28 AM
McKinney Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UMass, Army, Rutgers
(09-01-2018 11:28 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  Did GS have a football team in 99?

They definitely did because we beat Georgia Southern in the 1998 DI-AA Title Game. Looks like they revived football in 1984.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2018 11:35 AM by McKinney.)
09-01-2018 11:32 AM
panama Offline
Legend

G5 Problems...
They had a very good program in 1999

09-01-2018 11:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Scoochpooch1 Offline
All American

I Root For: P4
(09-01-2018 10:45 AM)panama Wrote:  So so far on GameDay have watched them troll UCF and now have Luke Bryan come out as guest picker and say how big a CFB fan he is and how he follows recruiting "especially hopefully the players coming to the Bulldogs"

UCF is getting trolled because they don't play anyone. Last season and Tulane 1998 should serve as a lesson to G5 teams. Try to schedule huge opponents, document it, and then you have the right to complain if those teams say no.

Here's one of the main reasons I hate Boise State:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/3297...bsu-accept

They turned down this deal that would have helped their profile immensely but they felt disrespected. How about earning that respect? They should have signed 4 of these per year and if they would have won the games (fat chance) then they probably would have been P5 by now.
But of course they didn't sign it because they feel entitled since they were going 12-0 playing 1 real team per season (usually on a neutral field). Anyone who pays attention knows how bad Boise's P5 away record is, so they chose not to do the deal.

UCF can fix this too but will follow the Boise and Kaepernick plan of complaining instead.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2018 12:09 PM by Scoochpooch1.)
09-01-2018 12:09 PM
Advertisement

Huskypride Offline
New Kid on the Block

I Root For: Competitive FB

Just ignore em and keep rooting for ucf, they can't keep them out after two undefeated seasons...if it comes to that. i mean I really was hoping we would upset them, but i do hope ucf does well the rest of the year.
09-01-2018 12:10 PM
UTEPDallas Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTEP/Penn State
(09-01-2018 12:09 PM)Scoochpooch1 Wrote:  

UCF is getting trolled because they don't play anyone. Last season and Tulane 1998 should serve as a lesson to G5 teams. Try to schedule huge opponents, document it, and then you have the right to complain if those teams say no.

They turned down this deal that would have helped their profile immensely but they felt disrespected. How about earning that respect? They should have signed 4 of these per year and if they would have won the games (fat chance) then they probably would have been P5 by now.
But of course they didn't sign it because they feel entitled since they were going 12-0 playing 1 real team per season (usually on a neutral field). Anyone who pays attention knows how bad Boise's P5 away record is, so they chose not to do the deal.

UCF can fix this too but will follow the Boise and Kaepernick plan of complaining instead.

Boise State doesn’t has to earn respect. They already have it. The media loves them and they’re usually ranked in the preseason polls because of who they are. Their two BCS and NY6 bowl victories speak for themselves, that’s where it counts not if they lost a P5 road game. A G5 program like UTEP has to schedule and beat the big boys in order to earn any respect. A program like Boise State doesn’t.
09-01-2018 01:14 PM
DoubleRSU Offline
All American

I Root For: Seattle U

You can't be a fan of another team because you went somewhere else? What's wrong with being a UGA fan if you went to Georgia Southern?
09-01-2018 01:17 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(09-01-2018 01:17 PM)DoubleRSU Wrote:  

You can't be a fan of another team because you went somewhere else? What's wrong with being a UGA fan if you went to Georgia Southern?

Nothing. It's pretty natural for Luke Bryan to follow the Dawgs. He probably has since he was a kid, long before he attended GSU.
09-01-2018 01:18 PM
CyrusJS Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WKU
Can't hate on UCF not playing big teams when no big teams are willing to schedule them anywhere besides at home. G5 teams will very VERY rarely get any P5 teams at home, and most P5 teams play 7 or 8 home games per year vs 5 or 6 home games for G5 teams. Schedules are also made years in advance. Nobody knows where their or their opponents programs will be when they schedule games. College athletics has become less about the athletes and coaches deciding how far you can go, and more about money being the deciding factor.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2018 01:30 PM by CyrusJS.)
09-01-2018 01:29 PM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

No

09-01-2018 01:35 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(09-01-2018 01:29 PM)CyrusJS Wrote:  Can't hate on UCF not playing big teams when no big teams are willing to schedule them anywhere besides at home. G5 teams will very VERY rarely get any P5 teams at home, and most P5 teams play 7 or 8 home games per year vs 5 or 6 home games for G5 teams. Schedules are also made years in advance. Nobody knows where their or their opponents programs will be when they schedule games. College athletics has become less about the athletes and coaches deciding how far you can go, and more about money being the deciding factor.
This

09-01-2018 01:35 PM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(09-01-2018 01:29 PM)CyrusJS Wrote:  Can't hate on UCF not playing big teams when no big teams are willing to schedule them anywhere besides at home. G5 teams will very VERY rarely get any P5 teams at home, and most P5 teams play 7 or 8 home games per year vs 5 or 6 home games for G5 teams. Schedules are also made years in advance. Nobody knows where their or their opponents programs will be when they schedule games. College athletics has become less about the athletes and coaches deciding how far you can go, and more about money being the deciding factor.

Cincinnati gets as many P5 opponents as our coach wants to schedule.

In the next 7 years, we have home games against UCLA, Nebraska, Pitt, and Indiana (as well as Boise, WKU, WMU, Ohio, and the annual Miami game). Those are all home-and-home series, except Miami which alternates UC-Miami-neutral site at the Bengals stadium through 2029.

We're also doing one "buy" game on the road against Ohio State (I think I recall seeing a rumor that we might also add another one against a similar level opponent).
09-01-2018 02:41 PM
Huskypride Offline
New Kid on the Block

I Root For: Competitive FB

as long as you support the team in all major sports, i dont care who you root for. im tired of seeing the bama football/ duke basketball fans, bunch of bandwagoners
09-01-2018 02:47 PM
BePcr07 Offline
All American

I Root For: Boise St & Zags
(09-01-2018 01:35 PM)panama Wrote:  
This

All top non-power schools go through this.
09-01-2018 02:47 PM
Advertisement

DawgNBama Offline
the Rush Limbaugh of CSNBBS

I Root For: conservativism/MAGA
(09-01-2018 02:47 PM)Huskypride Wrote:  

as long as you support the team in all major sports, i dont care who you root for. im tired of seeing the bama football/ duke basketball fans, bunch of bandwagoners

There are bandwagoners, but I can guarantee you there are real ‘Bama football fans out there too, because my little brother is one of them. He supported the team even back when Dave Shula was there. If that’s not a real fan, I don’t know who is.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2018 01:59 AM by DawgNBama.)
09-02-2018 01:57 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(09-01-2018 12:09 PM)Scoochpooch1 Wrote:  

I always found it amusing when TCU was in MWC that the talking heads would go on and on about the schedules of the buster candidates except TCU. It seemed there was a schedule complaint exemption for schools left on an ice floe.
09-02-2018 02:27 AM
johnbragg Online
Five Minute Google Expert

I Root For: St Johns
(09-01-2018 12:09 PM)Scoochpooch1 Wrote:  UCF is getting trolled because they don't play anyone. Last season and Tulane 1998 should serve as a lesson to G5 teams. Try to schedule huge opponents, document it, and then you have the right to complain if those teams say no.

But dopes like you won't pay any attention to the documentation. They had a game scheduled against Georgia Tech that was wiped out by Hurricane Irma.

Quote: They should have signed 4 of these per year and if they would have won the games (fat chance) then they probably would have been P5 by now.

No. Boise STate is not going to be P5 in the lifetime of any of their students who went there before they were a four-year college. No matter what they do on the field. College athletics doesn't work like that.
09-02-2018 07:43 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(09-02-2018 07:43 AM)johnbragg Wrote:  
(09-01-2018 12:09 PM)Scoochpooch1 Wrote:  UCF is getting trolled because they don't play anyone. Last season and Tulane 1998 should serve as a lesson to G5 teams. Try to schedule huge opponents, document it, and then you have the right to complain if those teams say no.

But dopes like you won't pay any attention to the documentation. They had a game scheduled against Georgia Tech that was wiped out by Hurricane Irma.

Georgia Tech went 5-6 last year so even if that game had been played, it wouldn't have helped UCF's schedule much, if at all.
09-02-2018 07:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread:

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.