Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lanny Davis Backtracks, No Longer Claiming That Cohen Has Info To Share W/ Mueller
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
Lanny Davis Backtracks, No Longer Claiming That Cohen Has Info To Share W/ Mueller
03-lmfao

Quote:An attorney for Michael Cohen, President Trump’s former lawyer, is backing away from confident assertions he made that Cohen has information to share with investigators that shows Trump knew in 2016 of Russian efforts to undermine Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

Lanny Davis, a spokesman and attorney for Cohen, said in an interview this weekend that he is no longer certain about claims he made to reporters on background and on the record in recent weeks about what Cohen knows about Trump’s awareness of the Russian efforts.

Davis did not rule out that his claims were correct but expressed regret that he did not explain that he could not independently corroborate them, saying that he now believes he “should have been more clear.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...5d90578cd1
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2018 07:08 PM by Kronke.)
08-26-2018 07:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
RE: Lanny Davis Backtracks, No Longer Claiming That Cohen Has Info To Share W/ Mueller
[Image: homer-simpson-doh-gif-13.gif]
08-26-2018 07:09 PM
UofMTigerTim Offline
1st String

I Root For:
RE: Lanny Davis Backtracks, No Longer Claiming That Cohen Has Info To Share W/ Mueller
Lanny did this on purpose. It is their modus operandi.

Make allegations when the information is hot and people are paying attention and then come back at a later date and "clarify" what they really meant when few are paying attention.
08-26-2018 07:13 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
[Image: Itj3ghm.gif]
08-26-2018 07:15 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

(08-26-2018 07:13 PM)UofMTigerTim Wrote:  Lanny did this on purpose. It is their modus operandi.

Make allegations when the information is hot and people are paying attention and then come back at a later date and "clarify" what they really meant when few are paying attention.

I think you're right. I looked at the replies to CNN's tweet on the story, and the alt-left unanimously doesn't believe Davis in his retraction.

They are fed the fake news, the fake media allows it to marinate for a few days, and then when the retraction comes, it breaks their worldview to the point that they absolutely refuse to believe it. Their mind is already made up.
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2018 08:45 PM by Kronke.)
08-26-2018 08:44 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
(08-26-2018 08:44 PM)Kronke Wrote:  
(08-26-2018 07:13 PM)UofMTigerTim Wrote:  Lanny did this on purpose. It is their modus operandi.

I think you're right. I looked at the replies to CNN's tweet on the story, and the alt-left unanimously doesn't believe Davis in his retraction.

They are fed the fake news, the fake media allows it to marinate for a few days, and then when the retraction comes, it breaks their worldview to the point that they absolutely refuse to believe it. Their mind is already made up.

This was all an effort to give the left some wood, and based on the tracks we've seen here over the last week or so, it worked to perfection. Do they ever get tired of getting played? Apparently not.
08-26-2018 09:23 PM
Advertisement

thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

(08-26-2018 09:23 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  This was all an effort to give the left some wood, and based on the tracks we've seen here over the last week or so, it worked to perfection. Do they ever get tired of getting played? Apparently not.

[Image: gun1k.jpg]
08-26-2018 09:26 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

08-26-2018 10:50 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Now that Cohen has entered his plea, I’m honestly curious what further role Lanny Davis has to play in this little drama. Unless Lanny has some pull in the pre-sentencing report, his “work” is basically done here.
08-26-2018 11:02 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(08-26-2018 11:02 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Now that Cohen has entered his plea, I’m honestly curious what further role Lanny Davis has to play in this little drama. Unless Lanny has some pull in the pre-sentencing report, his “work” is basically done here.

His work was to slide in there and tell Cohen he could work something out with the prosecution. I’m sure it was all a setup from the get go. What should be investigated is did LD have any contact with anyone on Mueller’s team prior to becoming Cohen’s ‘lawyer’. Getting Cohen to plead guilty to a non-existing crime to give the left something to talk about was LD’s job. Well that and then getting all over the MSM and running his mouth.....
08-27-2018 06:16 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
I'm just curious how a "lawyer" doesnt get sued to the ends of the earth for saying his client would not accept a pardon.
08-27-2018 08:12 AM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(08-27-2018 08:12 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  I'm just curious how a "lawyer" doesnt get sued to the ends of the earth for saying his client would not accept a pardon.

Cohen was probably scraping the bottom of the barrel in his search for a lawyer. I don't think the has too much dough anymore. He has no choice.
08-27-2018 01:02 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
"He said in a separate statement Monday to Fox News: "I take the responsibility for not communicating more clearly my uncertainty. I regret the error."

Cohen lawyer backpedals on Trump-Russia claims, as bombshell reports called into question

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/...stion.html

Very fake. #sad
08-27-2018 02:50 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

Resident alt-leftists poured into the welcher's thread a few days ago. Not so much this one. I wonder why?
08-27-2018 03:07 PM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
but, but, but, but.... lmao
08-27-2018 03:13 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...83968bd37b

Michael Cohen’s lawyer has done real damage to the case against Trump

Bwahahahaha dummies
08-27-2018 03:21 PM
Advertisement

thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

[Image: 5OXv5S4.jpg]
[Image: cskGh2N.jpg]
08-27-2018 03:33 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
So the entire fake indignation episode was predicated on fake news.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
08-28-2018 05:43 AM
ODU BLUE Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
Clinton's right hand man lies? Imagine that?
08-28-2018 06:58 AM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
Indeed. Has anyone ever trusted a single thing Lanny Davis has ever said to the viewing public? The moment I saw Lanny was representing Cohen, I knew we were about to see a train wreck. Lanny Davis is an incompetent buffoon.
08-28-2018 07:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.