Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Should G5 Teams Fans Boycott College Football Playoff TV Games?
This poll is closed.
Yes 48.15% 13 48.15%
No 51.85% 14 51.85%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should G5 Teams & Fans Boycott College Football Playoffs?
TonyTiger06 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Memphis
I just set here and watch ESPN GameDay commentators try to justify keeping the College Playoffs at 4 teams while nullifying the conference championship emphasis.

There reasoning ... “Success breeds success!” They were comfortable with trotting teams out there to play for the national championship year after year based upon name recognition.

I contend that perhaps it’s time to start boycotting the darn thing, if they are unwilling to give G5 teams a shot at playing for the title!

IF ALABAMA IS SO BIG & BAD, WHY WOULD THEY CARE WHO THE COMMITEE MATCHED THEM UP AGAINST DURING A PLAYOFF GAME!

Villanova has won the NCAA MBB Title 2 out of the last 3 years! That doesn’t seem to affect NCAA MBB Tournament ratings. Why is college football so darn indignant!
08-25-2018 02:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
RE: Should G5 Teams & Fans Boycott College Football Playoffs?
To affect change the college football overlords need to be hit in their wallets. Boycott the hell out of them.
08-25-2018 02:58 PM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

I Root For: UH
Ultimately it probably wont matter anyway. Football is a dying sport and i doubt the nfl as we know it will even exist by 2030. If the nfl dies so does the need for college football so at best we maybe have a solid 8 years left before its gone too.

Concussions and wusses have and will ultimately destroy the sport. The fact that they are planning on banning kickoffs in nfl next year just proves they want the sport to die.

Sent from my Necronomicon using DemonTalk
08-25-2018 03:11 PM
JHS55 Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
It’s not a real college football playoff, it’s a A5 playoffs only
So yes I will continue to boycott that shet
08-25-2018 03:16 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
I only watch if I'm intrigued by one or more of the participants. I have yet to be intrigued...
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2018 03:26 PM by HuskyU.)
08-25-2018 03:25 PM
sierrajip Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
College football has always been controversial with the fact it does not have an actual playoff like the other sports. That is one of the reasons I enjoy watching it.
08-25-2018 03:31 PM
Advertisement

Huskypride Offline
New Kid on the Block

I Root For: Competitive FB
(08-25-2018 02:32 PM)TonyTiger06 Wrote:  I just set here and watch ESPN GameDay commentators try to justify keeping the College Playoffs at 4 teams while nullifying the conference championship emphasis.

There reasoning ... “Success breeds success!” They were comfortable with trotting teams out there to play for the national championship year after year based upon name recognition.

I contend that perhaps it’s time to start boycotting the darn thing, if they are unwilling to give G5 teams a shot at playing for the title!

IF ALABAMA IS SO BIG & BAD, WHY WOULD THEY CARE WHO THE COMMITEE MATCHED THEM UP AGAINST DURING A PLAYOFF GAME!

Villanova has won the NCAA MBB Title 2 out of the last 3 years! That doesn’t seem to affect NCAA MBB Tournament ratings. Why is college football so darn indignant!

Because nova is a basketball power...just because they are in a weaker conference then say the acc. Doesn't mean they are a sacred heart type program. They still carry a lot of weight in the cbb world. Also, people love upsets in college basketball and there are plenty of spots for everybody. So, no p5 team gets but butt hurt when a sacred heart type team makes it, because they earned there spot in ncaa via winning their tourney. But college football only has four spots. so the blue bloods dont want their team to get kicked out because of a ucf type school, even if that school earned their spot. We need more spots and aq for the conference champions to make it fair for every team. the team with the tougher schedule will get better seeding or something like that. i usually watch the cfp at during the beginning. but most of them have been blow outs.
08-25-2018 04:40 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
I'll watch the playoff when it's an actual playoff.
08-25-2018 06:15 PM
grapes Offline
GTG

I Root For: MEMPHIS/AAC
(08-25-2018 03:11 PM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  Ultimately it probably wont matter anyway. Football is a dying sport and i doubt the nfl as we know it will even exist by 2030. If the nfl dies so does the need for college football so at best we maybe have a solid 8 years left before its gone too.

Concussions and wusses have and will ultimately destroy the sport. The fact that they are planning on banning kickoffs in nfl next year just proves they want the sport to die.

Attendance is lowering a bit over the years but that will eventually stop.
This is due to the fact that media has come such a long way.
Not only are games in high deff with graphics, announcers etc. you can watch it on multiple devices. The college football TV experience is MUCH improved. With that being said football isn't a "dying sport" its actually growing and becoming more competitive.
08-25-2018 06:27 PM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

(08-25-2018 06:27 PM)grapes Wrote:  
(08-25-2018 03:11 PM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  Ultimately it probably wont matter anyway. Football is a dying sport and i doubt the nfl as we know it will even exist by 2030. If the nfl dies so does the need for college football so at best we maybe have a solid 8 years left before its gone too.

Not only are games in high deff with graphics, announcers etc. you can watch it on multiple devices. The college football TV experience is MUCH improved. With that being said football isn't a "dying sport" its actually growing and becoming more competitive.

If they eliminate the kickoff as planned next year then it will no longer be a question of “if”, but “when” will football die. By making such a fundamental change to the game it will no longer be football and therefore not worth watching.

At some point players just need to be told to accept they are basically getting paid millions to get hurt for our enjoyment or just stop playing the game. But by changing they game so fundamentally you will literally be destroying it for everyone.

It would be basically like the army banning combat for soldiers because its too dangerous, while keeping everything else. Simply put it wouldn’t work, just as football simply wont work without a kickoff. If it happens like the nfl says it will next year they will see ratings even worse than this year (their tv ratings are already setting record lows for preseason this year).

08-25-2018 06:35 PM
fishpro1098 Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
You can't boycott something you are not a part of.
08-26-2018 01:36 AM
Advertisement

Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

(08-26-2018 01:36 AM)fishpro1098 Wrote:  You can't boycott something you are not a part of.

You repeated yourself lol!

08-26-2018 01:37 AM
vcoog Offline
All American

(08-25-2018 06:35 PM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  

If they eliminate the kickoff as planned next year then it will no longer be a question of “if”, but “when” will football die. By making such a fundamental change to the game it will no longer be football and therefore not worth watching.

At some point players just need to be told to accept they are basically getting paid millions to get hurt for our enjoyment or just stop playing the game. But by changing they game so fundamentally you will literally be destroying it for everyone.

It would be basically like the army banning combat for soldiers because its too dangerous, while keeping everything else. Simply put it wouldn’t work, just as football simply wont work without a kickoff. If it happens like the nfl says it will next year they will see ratings even worse than this year (their tv ratings are already setting record lows for preseason this year).

I actually would be fine if they removed special teams all together. How many games have been ruined from an athlete that trots out for 3 plays a game and misses an extra point.

If you always had to go for two it’s more exciting and good for fans.

If they get rid of kickoffs it really won’t affect viewing, but I say get rid of punting and the whole damn thing as well and do more skill plays.

Also , the CFB is crap and we should just get all of the G5 to boycott a season and see if they’ll expand because soon p5s will no longer schedule us and we will have to make our own league if they don’t open it up
08-26-2018 02:49 AM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

(08-26-2018 02:49 AM)vcoog Wrote:  
(08-25-2018 06:35 PM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  

I actually would be fine if they removed special teams all together. How many games have been ruined from an athlete that trots out for 3 plays a game and misses an extra point.

If you always had to go for two it’s more exciting and good for fans.

If they get rid of kickoffs it really won’t affect viewing, but I say get rid of punting and the whole damn thing as well and do more skill plays.

Also , the CFB is crap and we should just get all of the G5 to boycott a season and see if they’ll expand because soon p5s will no longer schedule us and we will have to make our own league if they don’t open it up

If you get rid of special teams then you destroy the game of football. Whats the point in playing the game when you remove a part of it that is quite literally a the reason some team and players have won the superbowl.

Think about it for a second, without special teams the giants dont go to the super bowl in 2011, without special teams the saints lose to the colts, without special teams devin hester is never remembered as anything more than a mediocre wr at best who probably flames out after 2-3 years.

Without special teams terrell davis is cut by the broncos and never sniffs an nfl career again. Without special teams brett farve never wins a ring.

You can make all the excuses you want but if you remove special teams the game WILL die in 5 years. You have to remember field goals are special teams as well so that means the only way to score becomes TD’s.

Why dont you remove pitching from baseball and just have them hit the ball from a tee, since you’re basically suggesting the same with football.

08-26-2018 02:58 AM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
At least make it 6 teams. All p6 champs
08-26-2018 06:52 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(08-26-2018 06:52 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  At least make it 6 teams. All p6 champs

The P5 powers that be would never agree to that. Alabama would have been left out last season, when they won the CFP.

Our best hope is to have an 8-team playoff. P5 Champs, best G5 and 2 wildcards.
08-26-2018 07:11 AM
Advertisement

Tigersmoke4 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
(08-26-2018 06:52 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  At least make it 6 teams. All p6 champs

Now you're talking. That's exactly how I feel about it. Screw this idea of having increasing the playoffs to 6-8 and including a "g5" spot. The AAC should have an auto-bid because we've spent our entire 5 year existence beating the big boys and getting the ratings. A "g5" spot would lock us out of ever separating from the g4, and to be honest what has the g4 done to merit exclusion besides ride our coattails when we're good as some sort of "g5" proof that they can all compete like the AAC does because we're all g5. So yes all p6 conference champs plus two at large bids. 04-cheers04-cheers04-cheers
08-26-2018 07:30 AM
JHS55 Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
I wanna see special teams , kick offs are great
08-26-2018 07:51 AM
templefootballfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX
i swore i'd never watch playoff's. Did not want playoff's
i enjoy watching playoff's, cann't boycott
08-26-2018 08:44 AM
Tigers2B1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(08-26-2018 01:36 AM)fishpro1098 Wrote:  You can't boycott something you are not a part of.

Well we could tell them that if we were part of it we would boycott.
08-26-2018 08:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.