Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who’s going to be the starting QB
Bookmark and Share
brock20 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Laundry
Sanders wouldn’t say today on the radio who it would be but said it would probably leak out soon. So who you all think it will be?
08-24-2018 04:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
From what I hear, there is no clear front runner. How can you not give it to Herink in that situation? My bet is on Austin.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2018 01:23 AM by ETSUfan1.)
08-24-2018 04:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Meanmike0001 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ETSU
RE: Who’s going to be the starting QB
Should be the opportunity the first two weeks to let them both play.
08-24-2018 11:53 PM
Efan Offline
Special Teams

(08-24-2018 04:12 PM)brock20 Wrote:  Sanders wouldn’t say today on the radio who it would be but said it would probably leak out soon. So who you all think it will be?

There’s a little more detail to add to that comment[/i]. Sanders said he knew who the starting QB would be but wasn’t ready to make it public. Kenny and Bobby pressed him on this and he said it would be released in the next few days.

That’s not to say both won’t see game time against Mars Hill, but if we keep it pretty close at UT, you may only see 1 QB the entire game.
08-25-2018 09:59 AM
Advertisement

Buc66 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
08-26-2018 04:16 PM
etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Purdue,ETSU,G5
Marchi named the starter according to WJHL. Slightly disrepectful to Herink unless he's that much better, which we will find out soon. I hope Sanders got this one right right because Herink was never the problem with the teams.
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2018 04:37 PM by etsuandpurdue3.)
08-26-2018 04:26 PM
Buc76 Offline
Special Teams

I'm surprised. After watching the scrimmages, Henrick, IMO, moved the team better and had better passing numbers. Obviously, Sanders saw something in practices that I didn't. I wish Marchi and the Bucs nothing but a successful season.

One thing for sure, the Bucs have a very capable backup.
08-26-2018 04:57 PM
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
If there’s one person I trust to make the right decision at quarterback, it’s Randy Sanders.
08-26-2018 05:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Efan Offline
Special Teams

(08-26-2018 05:50 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  If there’s one person I trust to make the right decision at quarterback, it’s Randy Sanders.

My thoughts exactly. He’s seen and trained a number of top-level QBs, so I would say he knows what he’s doing. I hate it for Austin, but knowing him, he’ll step up and work even harder.
08-26-2018 08:35 PM
Bucc18 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: East Tennessee
I'm glad we have two very good quarterbacks. Go Bucs !!
08-26-2018 10:05 PM
Advertisement

Meanmike0001 Offline
Special Teams

(08-26-2018 10:05 PM)Bucc18 Wrote:  I'm glad we have two very good quarterbacks. Go Bucs !!

Austin Herink has been everything you want a college football player to be. I'm grateful he represents my alma mater.

Life, however, is not based on seniority -- at least in successful organizations. If your company believes someone else is a better fit for that promotion, they will get it. It is a great life lesson.

I think Herink is going to be a fine football coach if he decides to go in that direction. And hey, he's only one snap away from being right back in there. I'm confident he will play some meaningful minutes.
08-27-2018 08:16 AM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

Yes we have to trust our head coach to make the best decision for the betterment of the team. We obviously have two fine quarterbacks now. Next I would like to see the depth chart released. Go Bucs!
08-27-2018 08:45 AM
Spector Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: SoCon
Howdy Y'all - well its almost that time again. I apologize for not being on in a while. The wife is still dealing with some medical issues, but she is doing much better now. Anyway, I saw where the Temple transfer was named as the starting QB. What happened to the local kid #12? I thought we would be hearing a bit more about him this year.?.
Something must be up, because Hero sports has the Bucs ranked 49 to start off the season - they're up 31 positions since the spring. They have The Citadel ranked 48 and the Bucs right behind them at 49. Hero has 3 SoCon teams ranked in the top 20 (nothing new there), but they have Chatt at 57 and WCU at 59. Somebody must really like the Sanders staff to move them up 31 and ahead of 3 other SoCon teams to start the year (VMI is 122).
08-27-2018 11:17 AM
Advertisement

brock20 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Laundry
(08-27-2018 11:17 AM)Spector Wrote:  Howdy Y'all - well its almost that time again. I apologize for not being on in a while. The wife is still dealing with some medical issues, but she is doing much better now. Anyway, I saw where the Temple transfer was named as the starting QB. What happened to the local kid #12? I thought we would be hearing a bit more about him this year.?.
Something must be up, because Hero sports has the Bucs ranked 49 to start off the season - they're up 31 positions since the spring. They have The Citadel ranked 48 and the Bucs right behind them at 49. Hero has 3 SoCon teams ranked in the top 20 (nothing new there), but they have Chatt at 57 and WCU at 59. Somebody must really like the Sanders staff to move them up 31 and ahead of 3 other SoCon teams to start the year (VMI is 122).

There was an article awhile back that talked about him moving to TE because he wasn't going to get any snaps at QB. Since then it appears he has moved into a coaching role on the team.
08-27-2018 11:23 AM
MTBuc Offline
Special Teams

The JC press ran an article earlier in the summer about Wieger's situation. I think it vaguely mentioned a medical issue that was going to prevent him continuing to play football. Coach Sanders spoke about him being a dedicated kid that deserved a chance to continue on with the team in some capacity and so they put him on staff.
08-27-2018 12:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.