Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Q & A with Coach Cullop
Bookmark and Share
cnyrocketfan Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
Q & A with Coach Cullop
Coach discusses goals, style of play, the roster, playing in Savage, the quality of the MAC and the schedule.

https://utrockets.com/news/2018/8/16/wom...ath=wbball
08-17-2018 10:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dwight Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rockets
RE: Q & A with Coach Cullop
It's hard to get any real information from a feel-good interview like this. The one thing that caught my eye is Cullop's comment that, from the end of last season until now, Tanaya Beacham is one of the Rockets' most improved players. To my untrained eye Beacham was already one of the Rockets' best players at the end of last year, so I can't wait to see the improved version. And if Cullop thinks Beacham has significantly improved, I assume that means we'll see more of her this year.
08-17-2018 02:40 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(08-17-2018 02:40 PM)Dwight Wrote:  It's hard to get any real information from a feel-good interview like this. The one thing that caught my eye is Cullop's comment that, from the end of last season until now, Tanaya Beacham is one of the Rockets' most improved players. To my untrained eye Beacham was already one of the Rockets' best players at the end of last year, so I can't wait to see the improved version. And if Cullop thinks Beacham has significantly improved, I assume that means we'll see more of her this year.

Agree. Everybody is a leader, everybody stepped up, everybody is a potential key player. I prefer Kowalczyk’s blunt style. You learn more.
08-17-2018 07:37 PM
Advertisement

pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
lot of players on that team. might see bigger line-ups more often. lot of mid to med big sized players with a chance to play. i like the schedule. the signature home game w ND is amazing. but the road schedule is a great tune up for MAC season to dayton-valpo-belmont (nashville)-memphis-cleveland st good mostly rpi top 100 road comp. the trip is done in a tight regional circle that allows them to either bus to the next game or easily return to campus. it's a very professional schedule designed to sustain quality scheduling into the future. i think we'll see a road game at notre dame in the next few years, if that isn't already in the works. as a rocket fan, if you like to eat, or love good music, that week after thanksgiving 3 day trip to nashville and memphis would be fun.
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2018 01:36 AM by pono.)
08-18-2018 01:32 AM
rockytop Offline
1st String

I don’t see this team being any better than last year. Recruiting remains a problem. Another middle of the pack MAC team.......again.
08-18-2018 07:30 AM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(08-18-2018 07:30 AM)rockytop Wrote:  I don’t see this team being any better than last year. Recruiting remains a problem. Another middle of the pack MAC team.......again.

Yeah, it’s been like, a whole season without a MACT championship and NCAA trip.
08-18-2018 09:11 AM
temoxley Offline
2nd String

Coach's comments on Mae T. "I really appreciate Mae's leadership. I don't think you'll find a more unselfish player out there. She's been an exceptional teammate, and we hope to utilize her shooting ability from beyond the arc." Really? She say out one year after transfer due to injury and then played something like 2 minutes last season … lowest number of minutes played on the team by far. I would be shocked if Mae was utilized an any meaningful way during her senior year.
08-20-2018 08:05 PM
Advertisement

DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(08-20-2018 08:05 PM)temoxley Wrote:  Coach's comments on Mae T. "I really appreciate Mae's leadership. I don't think you'll find a more unselfish player out there. She's been an exceptional teammate, and we hope to utilize her shooting ability from beyond the arc." Really? She say out one year after transfer due to injury and then played something like 2 minutes last season … lowest number of minutes played on the team by far. I would be shocked if Mae was utilized an any meaningful way during her senior year.

I believe she was injured last season also.
08-21-2018 02:17 AM
Dwight Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rockets
(08-20-2018 08:05 PM)temoxley Wrote:  Coach's comments on Mae T. "I really appreciate Mae's leadership. I don't think you'll find a more unselfish player out there. She's been an exceptional teammate, and we hope to utilize her shooting ability from beyond the arc." Really? She say out one year after transfer due to injury and then played something like 2 minutes last season … lowest number of minutes played on the team by far. I would be shocked if Mae was utilized an any meaningful way during her senior year.

We have 15 scholarship players. Of course several of them won't play except for some garbage minutes. I agree with you that Mae will be one of those.
08-21-2018 05:50 AM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(08-21-2018 05:50 AM)Dwight Wrote:  

We have 15 scholarship players. Of course several of them won't play except for some garbage minutes. I agree with you that Mae will be one of those.

Hard to tell what might have been but I recall her only significant PT from the exhibition game her first year. I was quite surprised at her proficiency. The injury sidelined her and ended any hope of major impact but I think she might have been a contributor.
08-21-2018 07:12 AM
temoxley Offline
2nd String

(08-21-2018 02:17 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  

I believe she was injured last season also.
It would seem she must have been injured but I do recall seeing her on the bench in uniform for at least a few games and she never played in any of those.
08-21-2018 08:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.