(08-16-2018 05:37 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  https://t.co/QfOfpKatzl?amp=1

04-cheers
08-16-2018 06:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Usajags Online
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: OT: Idaho AD Fired
If Staben goes, there may be dancing in the streets of Moscow.
08-16-2018 06:28 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(08-16-2018 06:28 PM)Usajags Wrote:  If Staben goes, there may be dancing in the streets of Moscow.

I think he's already going at the end of his contract. Trying to remember.
08-16-2018 08:10 PM
LatahCounty Offline
1st String

I Root For: Idaho
(08-16-2018 08:10 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(08-16-2018 06:28 PM)Usajags Wrote:  If Staben goes, there may be dancing in the streets of Moscow.

I think he's already going at the end of his contract. Trying to remember.

Yep. Staben will be gone too, but we're so cheap we're having him serve out the last year of his contract.
08-17-2018 12:06 AM
Advertisement

TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
Damn, I was hoping it was due to boosters casting a vote of no confidence or something along those lines.

Does this equate to anything like the new AD possibly trying to get FBS football back, or no?

And along those lines... Does anyone think that the Sun Belt would be willing to extend an olive branch to Idaho in the form of a short term agreement (similar to before) so that way they have the required conference invite to move up? Or is that even necessary, given that Liberty was able to skirt that rule?
08-17-2018 12:47 AM
LatahCounty Offline
1st String

I Root For: Idaho
(08-17-2018 12:47 AM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  Damn, I was hoping it was due to boosters casting a vote of no confidence or something along those lines.

Does this equate to anything like the new AD possibly trying to get FBS football back, or no?

And along those lines... Does anyone think that the Sun Belt would be willing to extend an olive branch to Idaho in the form of a short term agreement (similar to before) so that way they have the required conference invite to move up? Or is that even necessary, given that Liberty was able to skirt that rule?

Staben went out partially due to a statement of no confidence from the boosters (along with practically everyone else), but Spear still had his defenders right to the end.

I don't think there's anyone within the school planning anything like FBS. We don't have a president or an AD to make those sorts of decisions and won't for another year, and athletics likely won't be at the top of the list for the people making the president hiring decision.

For now, I'm just happy to be finally turning over a new leaf. We're at the end of 3 straight godawful short-term presidents and 14 years of an AD in over his head.
08-17-2018 01:09 AM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE

So President gone and AD gone. I wonder how this affects their athletics going forward?
08-17-2018 11:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
(08-17-2018 11:58 AM)panama Wrote:  

So President gone and AD gone. I wonder how this affects their athletics going forward?

Unless the WAC brings back fuseball they screwed and stuck in the FCS wastelands.
08-17-2018 03:59 PM
Usajags Online
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(08-17-2018 03:59 PM)JCGSU Wrote:  
(08-17-2018 11:58 AM)panama Wrote:  

Unless the WAC brings back fuseball they screwed and stuck in the FCS wastelands.

Location and facilities, none of that has changed, they are stuck in FCS for awhile.
08-17-2018 07:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.