Really Really Good News For AAC!
08-10-2018 10:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tigerscane Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tha tigers
RE: Really Really Good News For AAC!
Interview with DR. Rudd President of Memphis and He talks about the Next AAC TV Deal...A HUge INcrease is coming and the AAC will become a P6 tweener and Further Seperate from the G4..Also Moving AAC HQ's to Dallas and will be making a play for the Cotton Bowl during next Bowl Contracts in a rotation...A TV Deal with ESPN/Amazon/Facebook or Google as packages is coming...What are you guys thoughts on Us getting Significant Increase probably between 10- 13 MM Per team and further Separating from the G4...JrSEC what are your thoughts my man?...
08-10-2018 10:11 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(08-10-2018 10:11 PM)tigerscane Wrote:  Interview with DR. Rudd President of Memphis and He talks about the Next AAC TV Deal...A HUge INcrease is coming and the AAC will become a P6 tweener and Further Seperate from the G4..Also Moving AAC HQ's to Dallas and will be making a play for the Cotton Bowl during next Bowl Contracts in a rotation...A TV Deal with ESPN/Amazon/Facebook or Google as packages is coming...What are you guys thoughts on Us getting Significant Increase probably between 10- 13 MM Per team and further Separating from the G4...JrSEC what are your thoughts my man?...

Your product is worth more than 3 million a year and 13 million is not unreasonable. The AAC is heads and shoulders over the rest of the G5. And I think everyone already sees you as a Tweener Conference.

Should the playoffs expand to 6 at some point the networks will be telling you that P status is not out of reach. So we'll see how this progresses.
08-10-2018 10:53 PM
tigerscane Offline
Heisman

JRSEC i think that is right and is our Goal..No One is saying we are SEC or Big TEN or ACC but we are Def P6 and the tweener...With More money will mean we will only Further Separate from the G4's...MWC TV Deal is coming up and They are even looking at much more than what they are Already getting..Also I heard Our Commish Aresco stating Expansion meaning MWC teams isn't likely Anytime soon nor should we split the pie with them when we and our teams are trying to Be more like you P5 guys and distance ourselves from them...Step by Step to conitnue to be more like you guys as the 6th and tweener and further away from the G4 is and should continue to be our mission...Just my thoughts my man...
08-10-2018 11:13 PM
Advertisement

AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Alabama
I think what the AAC needs is a network to feature them. I don't think ESPN could really afford to pay the American that much given all their other commitments, but perhaps an NBC or CBS could do it.

The American is a good product with a varied market base. They just need a network to give them a better platform.

Right now, NBC could use their Notre Dame coverage to lead into an AAC game of the week. CBS could do it with their SEC coverage. Both companies have sports networks that could use some extra content.

Also, I think the American should pursue some sort of deal with BYU. They have P5 level support pretty much. Might not be a need to create a Western quadrant or anything, but BYU by itself should offer a bump.
08-11-2018 12:22 AM
BePcr07 Offline
All American

I Root For: Boise St & Zags
(08-11-2018 12:22 AM)AllTideUp Wrote:  I think what the AAC needs is a network to feature them. I don't think ESPN could really afford to pay the American that much given all their other commitments, but perhaps an NBC or CBS could do it.

The American is a good product with a varied market base. They just need a network to give them a better platform.

Right now, NBC could use their Notre Dame coverage to lead into an AAC game of the week. CBS could do it with their SEC coverage. Both companies have sports networks that could use some extra content.

Also, I think the American should pursue some sort of deal with BYU. They have P5 level support pretty much. Might not be a need to create a Western quadrant or anything, but BYU by itself should offer a bump.

BYU and Boise St as football-only. BYU non-football sports stay in WCC and Boise St non-football sports go to Big West.

AAC
West: Boise St, BYU, Tulsa, SMU, Houston, Tulane, Navy
East: Memphis, Cincinnati, Temple, Connecticut, East Carolina, Central Florida, South Florida
08-11-2018 09:47 AM
10thMountain Offline
Heisman

I Root For: A&M, TCU
13 mil would be a huge get. Not quite sure you'll get that much but I could see at least a 150% increase to 7.5-8 mil

Would put you back to the same "tweener" status the old Big East had before the split
08-11-2018 09:50 AM
tigerscane Offline
Heisman

I agree But Our President and Ad Tom Bowen and DR Rudd is on the Committee dealing with the New TV Deal has been saying for Months now 8-10 MM but then Ad Bowen said when probe on it North of 8, 9, 10 MM...So i suspect and they are getting feedback as u heard in Dr Rudd's Interview Significant Increase which Put it's more to 10-13 MM Per team and some have said Possibly 15mm...I do Believe 10-13mm Will be the numbers for the New Deal...Also they are doing Major Facilities upgrades based on the new upcoming TV Deal, and others as well in the Conference and All 3 presidents, and Ad's Which Include Dr Rudd who is a no non Sense kinda guy anyway, and some others sayiing it Almost as well.. As has Mike Aresco who is Well connected and LOTS of Friends and Knows TV, the New Streaming Platforms that are coming and all but said the AAC will have some part in that on the New Deal...And No Way would Memphis go to the East if they added Boise St and BYU in FB only because Navy Likes Memphis in the West as do Houston, SMU, and Tulsa...More like Tulane would go Est before Memphis would...But again do not see them adding anyone yet unless ESPN and Amazon tells them add BYU and Boise St as FB only then i do not see it happening soon...But i do see a huge Increase coming on Next deal...Looking forward to how this works out...
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2018 12:42 PM by tigerscane.)
08-11-2018 12:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.