Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stadium Clear Bag Policies
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Stadium Clear Bag Policies
The Cuse just instituted this for 2018. They are using September games as a break in period and plan to go 100% in October.

How many schools out there are doing this? It seems like I started seeing this at college road trips about 2 years ago.

I just ordered a generic tote in case (mainly if my wife comes) but do most of you just use a ziploc bag?

I travel pretty light to the stadium so probably a Ziploc Bag for me.

Any funny or enlightening stories?
08-09-2018 09:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
RE: Stadium Clear Bag Policies
My wife uses these:

https://www.spencersonline.com/product/1...gKxJfD_BwE

But we don't have to have clear bags... they just quickly look in your bag.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2018 09:39 AM by Chappy.)
08-09-2018 09:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
megadrone Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
(08-09-2018 09:31 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  The Cuse just instituted this for 2018. They are using September games as a break in period and plan to go 100% in October.

How many schools out there are doing this? It seems like I started seeing this at college road trips about 2 years ago.

I just ordered a generic tote in case (mainly if my wife comes) but do most of you just use a ziploc bag?

No good story. Rutgers basic policy is if it isn't clear and doesn't fit in your hand it isn't coming in to the stadium. That started at Giants Stadium in 2001 (but by then we didn't play games there any more).
08-09-2018 10:01 AM
gulfcoastgal Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
08-09-2018 10:51 AM
Monarchist13 Offline

I Root For: ODU
They don't have this policy at ODU, just a quick glance in the wife's handbag. But UT, my other alma mater, implemented this policy 2 years ago;

[Image: prohibited_bags.jpeg]

This is happening at music festivals too. We've been going to Lock'n for years and last week they announced this policy 3 weeks before the festival. I figured it would help lines move faster but they said they'll still search all bags.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2018 11:02 AM by Monarchist13.)
08-09-2018 11:00 AM
madizoned-level2004 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU and Rutgers
Clear bags have been the rule at Rutgers for a few years now.

I used to use them to bring in bottles of water, a couple'a hoagies, etc., for the crew. But now that RU doesn't allow outside food or drink, we don't use the bag very much anymore. Maybe stuff a couple of sweatshirts into it for those late-season warm now/cold later games.

At RU, there's a bookstore kiosk outside the stadium that uses clear bags to bag merchandise. They'll usually hand you one or two if you ask nicely. Other schools might have similar opportunities if you forget to bring one.
08-09-2018 11:05 AM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

Syracuse actually is going to be giving out free totes with a Block S emblem to Season Ticket Holders. Others can purchase them on the spot for $3.

Kudos to SU AD for actually making it fairly painless and budget friendly

As I said they realize it takes time to educate the public...a grace period in September which includes the big crowd expected for FSU
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2018 12:46 PM by TexanMark.)
08-09-2018 11:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
YNot Offline
All American

I Root For: BYU
BYU introduced the clear bag rule this season too. At least they delivered a clear tote with the season tickets.
08-09-2018 12:21 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(08-09-2018 09:31 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  The Cuse just instituted this for 2018. They are using September games as a break in period and plan to go 100% in October.

Georgia and Tennessee do. I think its going into place pretty much everywhere.
08-09-2018 12:47 PM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
DC United instituted a clear-bag policy with the opening of Audi Field. It's a somewhat controversial move, particularly with weekday games in which people getting off work can no longer directly Metro/cab/Uber/bike/walk to the game unless they don't have a bag or happen to use a clear one anyway. But unless they move to airport scanners, that probably will be more and more the rule.
08-09-2018 12:50 PM
ValleyBoy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GaSo,Troy
Georgia Southern Clean Bag Policy.

CLEAR BAG POLICY: In efforts to expedite entry and provide a safe environment for all fans, student-athletes, staff and officials, Georgia Southern University has implemented a Clear Bag Policy for all ticketed sporting events - effective August 1, 2017. Each ticketed person, including children, must follow the Clear Bag Policy and is allowed to carry one approved bag and a clutch/purse into the stadium. Tinted or printed-pattern plastic bags will not be permitted (GSEagles.com/ClearBag). Fans can wear or carry items such as binoculars, hand-held electronic devices and cameras (with lenses shorter than 6") without carrying cases. Fans may also carry in blankets and seat cushions that will be screened upon entry. Approved bags include:
•Clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags that do not exceed 12"x6"x12" (a logo no larger than 4.5"x4.5" can be displayed on one side of a permissible clear bag) OR a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag
•Small clutch bags/purses no larger than 4.5"x6.5"
•Seat cushions (may not exceed 16" in width and may not have pockets or legs)
•Equipment bag for necessary medical items (after proper inspection at the gate)

•BAG SEARCH
All guests are subject to a search outside the entrance gates. Security personnel have the right to check bags, purses, blankets, coats, pockets, etc. Alcohol and other non-permissible items will be prevented from being carried into the stadium. Fans will be asked to either take prohibited items back to their car or dispose of them properly. There are no provisions to check items at the gates. GSEagles.com/ClearBag
08-09-2018 01:19 PM
Advertisement

Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
NC State has a similar policy. I'm not sure when it started. They do allow a diaper bag if you have an infant.
08-12-2018 10:38 AM
Big Frog II Offline
1st String

I Root For: TCU
TCU has been doing it for about 5 years, and yes my wife hates it.
08-12-2018 10:53 AM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
FAU stadium as this as well for about 3 years now.

They also gave away free clear bags the 1st year for the first few games. Worked fairly well.
08-12-2018 05:48 PM
Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
(08-09-2018 12:47 PM)bullet Wrote:  

Georgia and Tennessee do. I think its going into place pretty much everywhere.

I believe it’s universal across the SEC. Had it for the Outback Bowl and season opener in Charlotte too
08-12-2018 06:00 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
Southern Miss is going into year 3. In 2015 the sec schools had it and the bowl game we attended in Dallas had it in place.
08-12-2018 08:20 PM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

I doubt I use the clear bag much...I can put all my crap into a ziploc bag. I prefer to travel light.
08-12-2018 09:57 PM
Scoochpooch1 Offline
All American

I Root For: P4
Having issues with fights or boozing at the stadiums?
08-13-2018 03:23 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(08-13-2018 03:23 PM)Scoochpooch1 Wrote:  Having issues with fights or boozing at the stadiums?

Not really. You've been able to buy beer at the Carrier Dome since it opened. Fights are very rare. Homeland Security recommended it as a way to protect the fans.
08-13-2018 03:40 PM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
(08-13-2018 03:23 PM)Scoochpooch1 Wrote:  Having issues with fights or boozing at the stadiums?

SMU started this about 5 years ago for insurance purposes
08-13-2018 03:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.