WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WMU in new Continental Lacrosse Conference DI
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU & UofM
WMU in new Continental Lacrosse Conference DI
Members of the former Central Collegiate Lacrosse Association - WMU, CMU , MInn, Pitt, Davenport & CCLA Champion MSU will make up the new CLC West subdivision. While the CLC East is made up of former Pioneer Collegiate Lacrosse League teams - BC, Uconn, Northeastern, Buffalo and New Hampshire.

Top 2 from each subdivision will qualify for the CLC championship. The champion get the auto bid to the MCLA playoffs in Salt Lake City 2019.

It will be interesting to see how we stack up against the New England teams.
08-08-2018 07:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
RE: WMU in new Continental Lacrosse Conference DI
This is a club sport, right? Not NCAA?
08-09-2018 05:02 AM
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

(08-09-2018 05:02 AM)brovol Wrote:  This is a club sport, right? Not NCAA?

That’s correct. The MCLA, which the CLC is part of, is made of about 200 club teams nationwide. There are 67 DI NCAA teams, the only 2 in Michigan being UDM and UofM. The MSU team was title IX’d out of existence in the 90s despite being competitive. MSU did just win the MCLA championship so I expect to hear more talk of them back to NCAA status if they sustain success. UofM moved up in 2012 after they won the MCLA 3 straight (2008-2010). Michigan had won their conference as a club from ‘99-2011. Then they proceeded to get thumped at the NCAA level and went 0-14 their inaugural season. That shows the difference between the club level and NCAA DI.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2018 06:35 AM by WMUlaxer97.)
08-09-2018 06:33 AM
Advertisement

brovol Offline
Heisman

(08-09-2018 06:33 AM)WMUlaxer97 Wrote:  

That’s correct. The MCLA, which the CLC is part of, is made of about 200 club teams nationwide. There are 67 DI NCAA teams, the only 2 in Michigan being UDM and UofM. The MSU team was title IX’d out of existence in the 90s despite being competitive. MSU did just win the MCLA championship so I expect to hear more talk of them back to NCAA status if they sustain success. UofM moved up in 2012 after they won the MCLA 3 straight (2008-2010). Michigan had won their conference as a club from ‘99-2011. Then they proceeded to get thumped at the NCAA level and went 0-14 their inaugural season. That shows the difference between the club level and NCAA DI.

Trust me, I understand and appreciate the competitiveness of club sports. By son was on competitive club teams at West Point. He was on the Army Crew Team and the Army club soccer team. When on the crew team he practiced for 2-2 1/2 hours a day, with a brutal academic schedule. He spent his entire spring break at Clemson training. Soccer wasn't quite as intense, but still quite a commitment. The players were high level. He is just playing company sports this year (everyone has to play a sport at USMA).

I am excited WMU will be in this conference. I enjoy lacrosse, although I never have played lacrosse.
08-09-2018 06:18 PM
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

(08-09-2018 06:18 PM)brovol Wrote:  

Trust me, I understand and appreciate the competitiveness of club sports. By son was on competitive club teams at West Point. He was on the Army Crew Team and the Army club soccer team. When on the crew team he practiced for 2-2 1/2 hours a day, with a brutal academic schedule. He spent his entire spring break at Clemson training. Soccer wasn't quite as intense, but still quite a commitment. The players were high level. He is just playing company sports this year (everyone has to play a sport at USMA).

I am excited WMU will be in this conference. I enjoy lacrosse, although I never have played lacrosse.

Thank your son for his commitment & service to the Army & our country. I imagine that maintaining an athletic status on top of that academic regimen is very rigorous. May he and all in his command return safely from their missions.

E-4
1st of the 9th Cavalry Regiment HEADHUNTERS!!!
1st Cavalry Division
‘93-‘96
08-14-2018 09:25 AM
Advertisement

brovol Offline
Heisman

(08-14-2018 09:25 AM)WMUlaxer97 Wrote:  
(08-09-2018 06:18 PM)brovol Wrote:  

Thank your son for his commitment & service to the Army & our country. I imagine that maintaining an athletic status on top of that academic regimen is very rigorous. May he and all in his command return safely from their missions.

E-4
1st of the 9th Cavalry Regiment HEADHUNTERS!!!
1st Cavalry Division
‘93-‘96
Thank you! And thank you for your service as well. I believe my son has Cavalry somewhere in his top 6 branch choices when he graduates from West Point. He has a prior enlisted in his squad right now. E-4 or 5. Its funny because he is supposed to be teaching the first year Cadets (he is in his third year), but on several things that guy has far more knowledge, and so he has deferred to the prior enlisted Plebe. They are all a team though.
08-14-2018 12:29 PM
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

Your son’s fellow cadets transition from “green to gold” reminds me of the line in Forest Gump where his Drill Sergeant watches him reassemble his rifle. “Jesus H. Christ! This is a new company record! If it wasn't a waste of such a fine enlisted man, I'd recommend you for O.C.S, private Gump!” Clearly that line went over the heads of everyone else in the theater but i thought it was great, it sounds just like something a DS would say.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2018 08:17 PM by WMUlaxer97.)
08-14-2018 08:14 PM
Advertisement

brovol Offline
Heisman

(08-14-2018 08:14 PM)WMUlaxer97 Wrote:  Your son’s fellow cadets transition from “green to gold” reminds me of the line in Forest Gump where his Drill Sergeant watches him reassemble his rifle. “Jesus H. Christ! This is a new company record! If it wasn't a waste of such a fine enlisted man, I'd recommend you for O.C.S, private Gump!” Clearly that line went over the heads of everyone else in the theater but i thought it was great, it sounds just like something a DS would say.

Lol.

The green to gold program in the army, I believe, is a separate program which allows enlisted soldiers to become commissioned officers. West Point, though, has a separate component which allows a certain number (I think ten or so) of enlisted soldiers who test very high to attend the academy; usually after taking a year at the prep school to help with the academics. It's a great thing, both for that soldier and for the other cadets who learn from that sodiers experience.

My son entered West Point as a direct appointment, at age 17, and had absolutely no experience with virtually anything that he would be learning there beyond the academics. We never even went camping. But it is that part which he seems to love the most (being in the field). We expected him to be stongest academically there (was strong student and high ACT scores in HS), but he is in the bottom half of his class at WP. He is doing well overall, but it is certainly a different world when you come in with somewhat a sheltered background. Having prior enlisted soldiers attend is a good thing.
08-15-2018 05:04 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(08-15-2018 05:04 AM)brovol Wrote:  
(08-14-2018 08:14 PM)WMUlaxer97 Wrote:  Your son’s fellow cadets transition from “green to gold” reminds me of the line in Forest Gump where his Drill Sergeant watches him reassemble his rifle. “Jesus H. Christ! This is a new company record! If it wasn't a waste of such a fine enlisted man, I'd recommend you for O.C.S, private Gump!” Clearly that line went over the heads of everyone else in the theater but i thought it was great, it sounds just like something a DS would say.

Lol.

The green to gold program in the army, I believe, is a separate program which allows enlisted soldiers to become commissioned officers. West Point, though, has a separate component which allows a certain number (I think ten or so) of enlisted soldiers who test very high to attend the academy; usually after taking a year at the prep school to help with the academics. It's a great thing, both for that soldier and for the other cadets who learn from that sodiers experience.

My son entered West Point as a direct appointment, at age 17, and had absolutely no experience with virtually anything that he would be learning there beyond the academics. We never even went camping. But it is that part which he seems to love the most (being in the field). We expected him to be stongest academically there (was strong student and high ACT scores in HS), but he is in the bottom half of his class at WP. He is doing well overall, but it is certainly a different world when you come in with somewhat a sheltered background. Having prior enlisted soldiers attend is a good thing.

04-bow04-bow04-bow04-bow04-bow04-bow04-bow04-bow04-bow04-bow:
08-15-2018 12:57 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

(08-15-2018 12:57 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(08-15-2018 05:04 AM)brovol Wrote:  

Lol.

04-bow04-bow04-bow04-bow04-bow04-bow04-bow04-bow04-bow04-bow:

Thanks bro. I get ribbed here when I mention my WP kid; but that's ok. Just as I am proud and passionate about WMU, I am 100 times as proud and passionate about my kids. No apologies. And I appreciate the gesture.
08-15-2018 01:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.