Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
"The most pro-black president that we've had in our lifetime."
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
"The most pro-black president that we've had in our lifetime."
No it's not President Obama the first black President but the "racist" President Trump that gets that honor.....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-talks-p...itics.html

Quote:Trump told the group, which included pastors and bishops from across the country, that his administration has been making progress on efforts to make it easier for prisoners to re-enter society and find work.

"When we say hire American, we mean all Americans," Trump said.

Among those gathered was Darrell Scott, a black Ohio pastor who was an early supporter of Trump's campaign and has been working with the administration on urban and prison issues.

"This is probably the most pro-active administration regarding urban America and the faith-based community in my lifetime," Scott told the group, adding, "This is probably going be ... the most pro-black president that we've had in our lifetime."

He compared Trump to his predecessor, Barack Obama, the nation's first African-American president, and said: "This president actually wants to prove something to our community, our faith-based community and our ethnic community."

"The last president didn't feel like he had to," he added, saying of Obama: "He got a pass."

During his campaign, Trump accused Democrats of doing too little to help urban communities and often asked African-Americans what they had to lose by voting for him.

The White House has been focusing its criminal justice reform efforts on improving re-entry, rehabilitation and workforce training programs, instead of sentencing reform, which many advocates argue would make a bigger difference.
08-02-2018 03:15 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Momus Offline
Banned

I Root For: Myself
RE: "The most pro-black president that we've had in our lifetime."
So one black person praises Trump and you believe that praise I can be generalized as truth. So if I get 100 black people to say he is the most racist president ever, will you also accept that as truth?
08-02-2018 03:19 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(08-02-2018 03:19 PM)Momus Wrote:  So one black person praises Trump and you believe that praise I can be generalized as truth. So if I get 100 black people to say he is the most racist president ever, will you also accept that as truth?

Do you want him to be racist? Does it upset you that, at least in this man's opinion (an opinion more valuable than yours because he has actually been working with the administration on these issues), Trump has been more involved in working on solutions than Obama?
08-02-2018 03:25 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
well, when you've got that one black friend............
08-02-2018 03:30 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
(08-02-2018 03:19 PM)Momus Wrote:  So one black person praises Trump and you believe that praise I can be generalized as truth. So if I get 100 black people to say he is the most racist president ever, will you also accept that as truth?

Here's my honest answer on the 100 opinions you will supply.....

most will be under 35 and most will be without a job. Those are two groups that seems to want to use the racist label with everything that goes wrong or they disagree with.

Those that sit down with this president seem to have a different opinion of him than the media/twitter/facebook wants us to believe.

I work (when I decide to) around a lot of black people. Well over 50% of my friends are black...very good friends. Two of my next door neighbors are black.

Most have a totally different opinion of President Trump than you do....

the thing they all have in common, they work, support their families, understand the white police is not out to get them. Even if a very few are. Hell those very few are out to get us all no matter the color of our skin. Other words they are like most Americans....living their life not look to blame others.

So its not just one....

even if the MSM wants you to believe that
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2018 05:28 PM by WKUYG.)
08-02-2018 03:37 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Of course! Just a micro sample...

[Image: RTS10OZG-1024x683.jpg]

[Image: gettyimages-904247854.jpg]

[Image: snoop.jpg]

[Image: blacks-for-trump.jpg]

[Image: 09062016_Trump_Carson.jpg?itok=ZVmNoT4M]

[Image: rs-trump-d600a8df-7d2b-4423-8843-d2eaca873c05.jpg]

[Image: CfiaRYNUkAANq-I.jpg]

[Image: C4_JOTKWAAI5xpT.jpg]

[Image: African-Americans-for-Trump.jpg?resize=599%2C336]
08-02-2018 04:42 PM
Advertisement

tigersroll Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
That's it. Trump loves blacks!
08-02-2018 04:44 PM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
[Image: why-doesnt-media-remember-this-trump-bei...049930.png]
08-02-2018 04:44 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

(08-02-2018 04:44 PM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  [Image: why-doesnt-media-remember-this-trump-bei...049930.png]

Yep. The dude's from NYC for cryin' out loud.
08-02-2018 04:49 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
LOL. Bespoke group does what they were designed to do.

Meanwhile, we will see in November how well Trump is faring with African American voters.

Look, 3 to 5 percent of African Americans support Donald Trump. 5 to 10 percent of LGBT voters do. 10 percent or so of non-Cuban Hispanics support the Trump Admin. So, sure, Trump can trot out the same few supporters from those groups to try to sell Trump's racist and homophobic policies to the white voters that support Trump.

And that's the whole point of this 'award'. Trump and the GOP aren't trying to win minority voters, but rather to place some risible 'denial of racism' to the white voters that support him.

---

Its so bad that you can find Trump's African American supporters in multiple places. Like the Blacks for Trump, Zircon and Burlap, and a few religious homophobes. They appear multiple times at multiple events. There's no groundswell of organic support by minorities for Trump or the GOP.
08-02-2018 05:10 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(08-02-2018 05:10 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  LOL. Bespoke group does what they were designed to do.

Meanwhile, we will see in November how well Trump is faring with African American voters.

Look, 3 to 5 percent of African Americans support Donald Trump. 5 to 10 percent of LGBT voters do. 10 percent or so of non-Cuban Hispanics support the Trump Admin. So, sure, Trump can trot out the same few supporters from those groups to try to sell Trump's racist and homophobic policies to the white voters that support Trump.

And that's the whole point of this 'award'. Trump and the GOP aren't trying to win minority voters, but rather to place some risible 'denial of racism' to the white voters that support him.

---

Its so bad that you can find Trump's African American supporters in multiple places. Like the Blacks for Trump, Zircon and Burlap, and a few religious homophobes. They appear multiple times at multiple events. There's no groundswell of organic support by minorities for Trump or the GOP.

Why are the ones that offer a different opinion to the norm ostracized? Dak Prescott comes to mind. Yesterday he merely gave his opinion and was called a "coon" and "speaking for his master", etc. Makes no sense.
08-02-2018 05:56 PM
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-02-2018 03:25 PM)banker Wrote:  

Do you want him to be racist? Does it upset you that, at least in this man's opinion (an opinion more valuable than yours because he has actually been working with the administration on these issues), Trump has been more involved in working on solutions than Obama?

Donald Trump has been one of the most racist persons in American political history.

From the Central Park Five, to Redlining in his Apartments, to calling Mexicans rapists, to his literal pardoning of racism by Joe Arpaio, to his singling out of persons of color who criticize him, to his response to Charlottesville, to his treatment of Judge Curiel, to his Administration hiring, to his publically calling Black countries shitholes, to his refusal to hire Black American applicants to work at Mar a Lago in favor of imported white Eastern Europeans, to his racist claptrap about Obama being a Kenyan born Muslim, to his obsession with any NFL players or anyone else that dares criticize the fact that black persons face death with no consequences for the shooter in disproportiate numbers, and on...and on....and on....

Sure, he can find a few people that he can dangle hatred of Gay people or some attention to in return for support, but that's about it.

----

Trump is the white supremacist President. Its pretty clear at this point.
08-02-2018 06:08 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-02-2018 05:56 PM)VA49er Wrote:  
(08-02-2018 05:10 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  LOL. Bespoke group does what they were designed to do.

---

Why are the ones that offer a different opinion to the norm ostracized? Dak Prescott comes to mind. Yesterday he merely gave his opinion and was called a "coon" and "speaking for his master", etc. Makes no sense.

Here's why I condemn those from my community that publicly support Trump. Because they are used by Trump to refute claims of bigotry by Trump supporters. Basically the very few (usually well off) minority supporters of Trump are being used by Trump not as a two way street to influence Trump to be less of a bigot/racist, but as a way for Trump and his supporters to continue to be just as racist and bigoted as before and to try to provide cover to white supremacists and bigots that support Trumps policies.
08-02-2018 06:12 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(08-02-2018 06:12 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

---

Here's why I condemn those from my community that publicly support Trump. Because they are used by Trump to refute claims of bigotry by Trump supporters. Basically the very few (usually well off) minority supporters of Trump are being used by Trump not as a two way street to influence Trump to be less of a bigot/racist, but as a way for Trump and his supporters to continue to be just as racist and bigoted as before and to try to provide cover to white supremacists and bigots that support Trumps policies.

You're just a bitter, sad little man arent you. Let it go.
08-02-2018 06:19 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama

Yeah you're right, it's just the one. Across the entire country there's only one minority member that likes Trump. What an idiot.
08-02-2018 06:20 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-02-2018 06:20 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

Yeah you're right, it's just the one. Across the entire country there's only one minority member that likes Trump. What an idiot.

You know, its kind of laughable, when someone posts a series of pics of Black supporters of Trump and I can NAME most of them.

Lets recap.the photos up there

Zircon and Burlap - Attention hounds who make no effort to influence Trump and don't campaign in the African American community

Blacks for Trump.com - These guys follow Trump around the country

Ben Carson - Part of the 5% who are Republicans. Loathes Gay people.

A collection of Pastors with small congregations in the Black community

Snoop Dog - Not a supporter of Trump

An I think one of the pics is actually of a group of HCBU presidents, who were there because Trump promised them money for their schools. I don't think any of them actually support Trump, and I doubt much of the money was actually provided. Either way, they were there to pick up a check, basically.

All this was missing was Don King.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2018 06:30 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
08-02-2018 06:26 PM
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-02-2018 06:19 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  
(08-02-2018 06:12 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

---

You're just a bitter, sad little man arent you. Let it go.

Ah...thanks for the risible gaslighting attempt. No thanks. I'm fine. Just calling Trump out for what he is. An obvious racist and bigot.
08-02-2018 06:28 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

(08-02-2018 06:28 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Just calling Trump out for what he is. An obvious racist and bigot.

Do us all a favor and keep repeating that mantra to every person you come across every chance you get. Let's talk again in 2024.
08-02-2018 07:10 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
I'm sure you could fill a 1,000 seat stadium, with gay people, black people, feminists, etc who would go absolutely nuts for Trump. Under the right circumstances that would seem like black people are crazy about him. Start trying to go beyond those thousand seats and it'll start looking like a Mississippi JUCO team playing in Ohio Stadium.

My personal opinion on Trump as far as race is concerned is that I don't think he's racist. He's more pro-Trump than anti-anything. I find Trump to be a totally different type of person than a good deal of his supporters.

"Most pro-black" is a statement with a healthy share of fanboy though.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2018 08:12 PM by nomad2u2001.)
08-02-2018 08:05 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-02-2018 08:05 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  I'm sure you could fill a 1,000 seat stadium, with gay people, black people, feminists, etc who would go absolutely nuts for Trump. Under the right circumstances that would seem like black people are crazy about him. Start trying to go beyond those thousand seats and it'll start looking like a Mississippi JUCO team playing in Ohio Stadium.

That's about right. The level of support that Trump as among minorities is NOT zero, but its pretty darn close.
08-02-2018 08:11 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.