Open TigerLinks

Recruiting is fickle...Jeffries...Wiseman...Never count your chickens
Bookmark and Share
cmt Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Recruiting is fickle...Jeffries...Wiseman...Never count your chickens
Excerpt from USA TODAY April 30, 2018

"Four-star forward D.J. Jeffries, one of Kentucky’s two 2019 commitments, is Wiseman’s teammate with Bluff City.

And he is making sure Wiseman hears a constant reminder of what the duo could do together at Kentucky.

“I try to talk to him every day,” Jeffries said. “I mess with him every now and then. Hopefully, he sees the right school.”

Jeffries said he has no idea which school Wiseman will pick, but he agrees with almost everyone else that Kentucky and Memphis have a substantial lead.

Hardaway was Jeffries’ AAU coach a year ago as well, but Jeffries, who attends high school in northern Mississippi, insists he is solid with his commitment to Kentucky despite Hardaway’s new job.

“It’s not going to sway me,” Jeffries said. “I’m going to stay at Kentucky.”

But will Wiseman join him?"

article

Interesting, I'm guess they still talk every day? Was it Wiseman who convinced Jefferies to decommit and join him? Time will tell.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2018 08:11 AM by cmt.)
08-01-2018 08:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

fishman6581 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Tigers
RE: Recruiting is fickle...Jeffries...Wiseman...Never count your chickens
Kudos on you for the right forum. Saved some time this morning.
08-01-2018 08:29 AM
cscottl1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Sounds like DJ got frustrated with UK recruiting others players at his position. Something I read said Barbee was watching another player during DJ’s last AAU game. Apparently that ticked him off.

Who knows if he was having second thoughts before then?
08-01-2018 08:32 AM
Advertisement

Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(08-01-2018 08:32 AM)cscottl1981 Wrote:  Sounds like DJ got frustrated with UK recruiting others players at his position. Something I read said Barbee was watching another player during DJ’s last AAU game. Apparently that ticked him off.

Who knows if he was having second thoughts before then?

Think about this. A kid gets an offer from UK with "now or never" pressure. It's UK. He commits. He likes the sound of UK. But then he sees all the excitement in his hometown about Penny and staff. He goes on the road for a month with people who are positive about what is happening in Memphis. He feels the energy when Mike and Penny step in the gym.

How could you not be having second thoughts?

Then UK takes him for granted and doesn't show up at a big game for him.

over
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2018 12:57 PM by Tiger87.)
08-01-2018 10:39 AM
uskjtc02 Away
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
It sounds like DJ was looking for a reason to recommit. Can’t blame him.
08-01-2018 11:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.