@GEORGIA STATE
07-12-2018 02:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
RE: Best MAC OOC Matchups of 2018
Honestly I think if you pick from the yellow and blue games you'll find the most intriguing games that we could win or will be tossups. Buffalo and NIU have the opportunity to make a lot of noise this season. CMU also has a shot at a few P5 names that would be legendary basketball wins.
07-12-2018 02:19 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
The yellow is a little difficult to read.
07-12-2018 02:28 PM
WarriorBold Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Akron
(07-12-2018 02:17 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  RED---> NO CHANCE
YELLOW---> WINNABLE BUT UNDERDOGS
BLUE---> PICKEM
GREEN---> BETTER NOT LOSE

AKRON:
@NEBRASKA
MORGAN STATE
@ NORTHWESTERN
@ IOWA STATE

BALL STATE:
CCSU
@NOTRE DAME
@INDIANA
WKU

BGSUcks:
@OREGON
MARYLAND

EASTERN KENTUCKY
@GEORGIA TECH

BUFFALO:
DELAWARE STATE
@TEMPLE
@RUTGERS
ARMY

CMU:
@KENTUCKY
KANSAS
MAINE
@MICHIGAN STATE

EMU:
MONMOUTH
@PURDUE
@SDSU
ARMY

KENT STATE:
@ILLINOIS
HOWARD
@PENN STATE
@OLE MISS

MIAMI:
MARSHALL
CINCINNATI

@MINNESOTA
@ARMY

NIU:
@IOWA
UTAH
@FLORIDA STATE
@BYU

OHIO:
HOWARD
@VIRGINIA
@CINCINNATI
UMASS

TOLEDO:
VMI
MIAMI
NEVADA
@FRESNO STATE

WMU:
SYRACUSE
@MICHIGAN
DELEWARE STATE
@GEORGIA STATE

You are an optimist.
07-12-2018 08:08 PM
bobcat_backer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OHIO
(07-12-2018 02:28 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  The yellow is a little difficult to read.

very difficult, actually! lol
07-13-2018 08:09 AM
bobcat_backer Offline
Heisman

(07-12-2018 08:08 PM)WarriorBold Wrote:  
BLUE---> PICKEM

AKRON:
@NEBRASKA
MORGAN STATE
@ NORTHWESTERN
@ IOWA STATE

BALL STATE:
CCSU
@NOTRE DAME
@INDIANA
WKU

BGSUcks:
@OREGON
MARYLAND

EASTERN KENTUCKY
@GEORGIA TECH

BUFFALO:
DELAWARE STATE
@TEMPLE
@RUTGERS
ARMY

CMU:
@KENTUCKY
KANSAS
MAINE
@MICHIGAN STATE

EMU:
MONMOUTH
@PURDUE
@SDSU
ARMY

KENT STATE:
@ILLINOIS
HOWARD
@PENN STATE
@OLE MISS

MIAMI:
MARSHALL
CINCINNATI

@MINNESOTA
@ARMY

NIU:
@IOWA
UTAH
@FLORIDA STATE
@BYU

OHIO:
HOWARD
@VIRGINIA
@CINCINNATI
UMASS

TOLEDO:
VMI
MIAMI
NEVADA
@FRESNO STATE

WMU:
SYRACUSE
@MICHIGAN
DELEWARE STATE
@GEORGIA STATE

You are an optimist.

lol yeah, i'll have what he's having! 03-lmfao
07-13-2018 08:11 AM
Advertisement

GRBRONCO Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
I see 5 P5 wins...

Buffalo over Rutgers
CMU over Kansas
Ohio over Virginia
Toledo over Miami
WMU over Syracuse
07-13-2018 08:25 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
(07-12-2018 02:17 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  WMU:
SYRACUSE
@MICHIGAN
DELEWARE STATE
@GEORGIA STATE

I think for WMU, it's more like this...

SYRACUSE
@MICHIGAN
DELAWARE STATE
@GEORGIA STATE

While we'll get all those injured guys back in September (some of them were still hobbling around as recent as April), I'm concerned about rust and adjustment in our first couple games. Probably a close loss to Cuse and I think Harbaugh will eat our lunch. 03-puke

OK, Georgia State is no pushover. But they're being picked by most to be near the bottom of the Sun Belt. If we are to have a decent year, it's one that we have to win, otherwise I'll be concerned.
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2018 11:37 AM by Motown Bronco.)
07-13-2018 11:35 AM
BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

Looks like OU has a good shot starting conference play at 3-1.

I'm going to try to make it to the Virginia game.
07-13-2018 12:02 PM
CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies
For CMU, breaking in a mostly-new QB and WR group, I don't love our chances against KY in a road opener. although I expect we'll be competitive. We've had some good gamed in Lexington, but we've never won there.

KU at home...we passed our way to victory last season, and see above re: new passing game. Also , Kansas returns a lot of starters and almost has to be improved. OTOH, they haven't won a road game in years, and there is a lame-duck coach in charge. A close game wouldn't surprise me, but I still see a win.

Maine. Must-win. Nuff said.

MSU: unless we catch Sparty looking ahead, I doubt we'll have much chance in this one. And Dantonio won't look at us as a cakewalk after 2009's CMU win in E. Lansing.
07-13-2018 12:52 PM
Fthechips Offline
1st String

I Root For: Western Mich
(07-13-2018 11:35 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  
SYRACUSE
@MICHIGAN
DELEWARE STATE
@GEORGIA STATE

SYRACUSE
@MICHIGAN
DELAWARE STATE
@GEORGIA STATE

While we'll get all those injured guys back in September (some of them were still hobbling around as recent as April), I'm concerned about rust and adjustment in our first couple games. Probably a close loss to Cuse and I think Harbaugh will eat our lunch. 03-puke

OK, Georgia State is no pushover. But they're being picked by most to be near the bottom of the Sun Belt. If we are to have a decent year, it's one that we have to win, otherwise I'll be concerned.

I tend to agree more with this assessment. I have no idea what will happen in that Syracuse game, expect a rowdy Waldo stadium on opening weekend, anything can happen.
07-13-2018 05:20 PM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-13-2018 05:20 PM)Fthechips Wrote:  
SYRACUSE
@MICHIGAN
DELEWARE STATE
@GEORGIA STATE

SYRACUSE
@MICHIGAN
DELAWARE STATE
@GEORGIA STATE

I tend to agree more with this assessment. I have no idea what will happen in that Syracuse game, expect a rowdy Waldo stadium on opening weekend, anything can happen.

If WMU goes 6-2 in the MAC they should be damn near even with Cuse and will have a shot at UM. Michigan has no clue on offense until transfer boy proves he can win.
07-13-2018 06:34 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
Miami's season will be defined by our first two games - Marshall and UC. Should we win both (unlikely), we'll have a great year. Lose both and we'll lose confidence and Martin will have a 89 degree up-hill to climb to win the players/fan's confidence and save his job. Split and things could be worse, God knows where we'll end up.
07-13-2018 09:27 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
NIU/Iowa Pick em ???? I trust I read that wrong. That is going to be an ugly game, Iowa will open at 17-22 point favorites

Your NIU games make no sense, FSU winnable but underdogs, that game is a stretch to say winnable?

Better not lose to BYU???????? What lol. BYU will not be a great team, but at the very minimum its a toss-up, tough place to play.
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2018 11:03 PM by MaddDawgz02.)
07-13-2018 11:01 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-13-2018 11:01 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  NIU/Iowa Pick em ???? I trust I read that wrong. That is going to be an ugly game, Iowa will open at 17-22 point favorites

Your NIU games make no sense, FSU winnable but underdogs, that game is a stretch to say winnable?

Better not lose to BYU???????? What lol. BYU will not be a great team, but at the very minimum its a toss-up, tough place to play.
FSU WON 6 GAMES LAST SEASON. Why does everyone give perrenial winning teams the benefit of the doubt. Just like MSU.... They could have another bad year. TONS of turnover with that program. Iowa offensively is not very good. If NIU has a highly touted D, they can keep that close. Middle of the pack Power teams like FSU and Iowa have talent but they often overlook G5 teams.

BYU was a dumpster fire last season. Bottom 20 in the nation. Literally playing UMass type ball. Like losing to UMass type ball.... Come on. You can't expect Toledo fans to give you respect in November when you are expecting blowouts against middle P5 teams from a year ago and a close one with a 4-8 BYU from 1 year ago.

If NIU loses to Iowa and FSU so be it, but those should not be "NO CHANCE" type games.
07-14-2018 09:38 AM
Fthechips Offline
1st String

I Root For: Western Mich
(07-13-2018 06:34 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  
(07-13-2018 05:20 PM)Fthechips Wrote:  
SYRACUSE
@MICHIGAN
DELEWARE STATE
@GEORGIA STATE

SYRACUSE
@MICHIGAN
DELAWARE STATE
@GEORGIA STATE

If WMU goes 6-2 in the MAC they should be damn near even with Cuse and will have a shot at UM. Michigan has no clue on offense until transfer boy proves he can win.

Until Harbaugh proves he can win*
07-14-2018 11:08 AM
Advertisement

CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies
(07-14-2018 09:38 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  
(07-13-2018 11:01 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  NIU/Iowa Pick em ???? I trust I read that wrong. That is going to be an ugly game, Iowa will open at 17-22 point favorites

FSU WON 6 GAMES LAST SEASON. Why does everyone give perrenial winning teams the benefit of the doubt. Just like MSU.... They could have another bad year. TONS of turnover with that program. Iowa offensively is not very good. If NIU has a highly touted D, they can keep that close. Middle of the pack Power teams like FSU and Iowa have talent but they often overlook G5 teams.

BYU was a dumpster fire last season. Bottom 20 in the nation. Literally playing UMass type ball. Like losing to UMass type ball.... Come on. You can't expect Toledo fans to give you respect in November when you are expecting blowouts against middle P5 teams from a year ago and a close one with a 4-8 BYU from 1 year ago.

If NIU loses to Iowa and FSU so be it, but those should not be "NO CHANCE" type games.

Re: MSU, anything's possible. However, they are returning the most starters of anyone in the country (per Phil Steele) from a team that finished 10-3 last season. FSU may indeed be vulnerable, especially on D (4 starters back). But, FSU also finished last season very strong. Iowa is a perrenial enigma. They can beat a Top 10 team one week, then lose to a mediocre team the next. NIU definitely has a shot there, especially in a season opener.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2018 06:27 PM by CMichFan.)
07-14-2018 06:26 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
BLUE---> PICKEM

AKRON:
@NEBRASKA
MORGAN STATE
@ NORTHWESTERN
@ IOWA STATE

BALL STATE:
CCSU
@NOTRE DAME
@INDIANA
WKU

BGSUcks:
@OREGON
MARYLAND

EASTERN KENTUCKY
@GEORGIA TECH

BUFFALO:
DELAWARE STATE
@TEMPLE
@RUTGERS
ARMY

CMU:
@KENTUCKY
KANSAS
MAINE
@MICHIGAN STATE

EMU:
MONMOUTH
@PURDUE
@SDSU
ARMY

KENT STATE:
@ILLINOIS
HOWARD
@PENN STATE
@OLE MISS

MIAMI:
MARSHALL
CINCINNATI

@MINNESOTA
@ARMY

NIU:
@IOWA
UTAH
@FLORIDA STATE
@BYU

OHIO:
HOWARD
@VIRGINIA
@CINCINNATI
UMASS

TOLEDO:
VMI
MIAMI
NEVADA
@FRESNO STATE

WMU:
SYRACUSE
@MICHIGAN
DELEWARE STATE
@GEORGIA STATE

so most big MAC fans do some version of this before the season starts. my take is that early in the year any decent to good MAC team can beat a weaker P5 team and usually a several MAC teams (not necessarily the best in the league) will have a chance to beat an average to good P5 team. you can write off the weak MAC teams winning these games. so...

Kent isn't gonna beat anyone decent. I like the vibe around their new coach but beating ole miss, penn state [b]or even Illinois ins't gonna happen.

[b]ball st and bg
are not gonna be strong teams but each has a chance of being decent. the talent level this year is probably not there for Ball St to beat Indiana, and WKU is gonna be a pretty tough game. BG doesn't have a shot at oregon and ga tech is a tough matchup for anyone who doesn't tackle and scheme well dline through free safety. maryland is improved and bg is down so that looks real iffy but it's a big home game so if some breaks go BG's way there's a shot.

buffalo is an underdog in all their D1 matchups but has some good players and I like their coaching too. Army, Temple, and Rutgers would be good MAC teams who won't overwhelm UB but will be challenging. so, if UB can rise to the occasion as a team they could come out of the non-conf at 3-1 and position themselves for a bowl game, but 2-2 is the smart money.

CMU hosting Kansas should be a good game and the chips have proven they can sneak up on real good teams now and then. i know there's some question marks at QB so we'll see, but I would still watch all their games against kansas, MSU and Kentucky

EMU has a sneaky tough schedule and few guys that will physically out match you, but that program in a modest way is real solid. they've got average guys who do their part and play as a team and if some playmakers step up they could surprise Purdue or SDSU although both those teams are better and will be favored. the army game should be close.

miami is competitive but martin always seems to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, although i think this is the year they get some revenge on cincy. in a sense they have one of the best non conf schedules with Marshall, Cincy and Army all in a way name opponents who are still beatable, Minnesota might be good in the Big 10 but they weren't scary last yr and Miami will be familiar with Fleck's schemes. i'd say minnesota wins that game 4 out of 5 times but you only play it once so there's a shot.

NIU has a massive schedule, Utah at home is a really tough physical defense to score on. BYU has a huge home field advantage and will be favored. florida state will probably end up as a top 20 team but they are bringing in new schemes and have their share of player and staff turnover. too bad NIU doesn't get them in week 1 or 2, by the time they play FSU should have a few kinks worked out and talent should take over. iowa is pretty good but not so talented to be unbeatable and has a history of struggling with MAC teams. i expect NIU to either win or come close in one or two of those games, so anything between 0-4 and 2-2 is possible.

OU should win their 2 home games and usually schedules reasonable challenges. at Cincy is a toss up and Virginia will be favored but OU certainly has a chance there and if they win that game a 4-0 non conf and some buzz is possible.

as a Rocket fan this is my longest and most informed commentary: toledo's schedule is deceptive. lots of MAC fans are gonna pick that home game against Miami as an upset. the rockets did play them pretty well at their place last yr, but woodside was spectacular in that game and UT may well need a few games to figure out what their new qb situation iooks like. Miami is their first D1 opponent and has one of the nation's best defenses and really good run game bringing back a rusher toledo couldn't tackle last yr and now the nation's #2 rb recruit. the rockets have really worked on adding talent and size to their defensive front 7, but there are no proven playmakers in those positions. the development of that part of the team will play a big part in whether they give miami a game and can win at one the MW favorites, Fresno. plus, with Nevada improving and that game coming off the emotional miami showdown ... toledo could go 1-3 but still challenge for the MAC, 2-2 is the even money, 3-1 would mean either a win over Miami or a sweep of solid MW competition so that would be the realistic hope. 4-0 would put UT at the front of the G5 new year's bowl convo, but will require UT's new QB to be good right away and the immediate emergence of some run stuffers on defense.

WMU has some question marks but potentially a strong running game and that alone can beat people if it is clicking. i guess WMU wins the FCS game and a close one at Ga State, Syracuse is pretty good but not invincible and is coming to Waldo. at UM will be fun if western can run on that huge blue chip UM run defense, but that will be a challenge and I don't think they can do a lot of damage on UM's secondary with their receiver group. You know Michigan will break some big run plays at least and will be very dangerous in the return game too. 3-1 with fairly competitive performance at UM would be great.
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2018 05:56 AM by pono.)
07-15-2018 05:54 AM
WarriorBold Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Akron
Pono! Why did you skip Akron?
07-15-2018 07:41 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
[quote='WarriorBold' pid='15384928' dateline='1531658468']
Pono! Why did you skip Akron?
[/https://csnbbs.com/thread-852914-lastpost.html]

OK.
Akron's OOC 1-3.
That was quick!07-coffee3
07-15-2018 09:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.