WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Damari Roberson Commitment
BeatWestern! Online
All American

I Root For: Central Michigan
Damari Roberson Commitment
Thought this article might be of interest to you guys. Obviously, Northwestern coaches aren't welcome at Muskegon Mona Shores High School anytime soon.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/northwe...23970.html

FIRE UP CHIPS! :)
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2018 01:30 PM by BeatWestern!.)
07-12-2018 01:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
RE: Damari Roberson Commitment
(07-12-2018 01:29 PM)BeatWestern! Wrote:  Thought this article might be of interest to you guys. Obviously, Northwestern coaches aren't welcome at Muskegon Mona Shores High School anytime soon.

FIRE UP 2010! :)

Hope it works out for Damari and WMU. Northwestern, I hope your verbal commits take notice.
07-12-2018 01:46 PM
Aimless1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WMU Bronos
Common practice in the B1G and other P5 conferences. Always an exception but this is normal. Many G5 schools are willing to take the risk.

I think schools should honor their verbals but they get dropped for various reasons.
07-12-2018 01:54 PM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
(07-12-2018 01:29 PM)BeatWestern! Wrote:  Thought this article might be of interest to you guys. Obviously, Northwestern coaches aren't welcome at Muskegon Mona Shores High School anytime soon.

DIP THE CHIPS! :)

That's how we got Lester, Kool, and several other Bronco legends over the years.
07-12-2018 09:12 PM
Advertisement

brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
I don't think northwestern did anything wrong. They made an offer which had not yet been accepted. It's like if you make an offer on a house and the seller is waiting to see if someone else offer's more, but in the meantime the you discover the house has a bad black mold problem so you withdraw your offer before the seller accepts it. Or alternatively, before the buyer accepts your offer you see a house you like much better so you withdraw your offer. That's how it goes. If the kid was so in love with northwestern he should have accepted the offer when he got it.

I actually am concerned that we may be wasting a scholarship on someone who is likely to have a bum knee. Two ACL tears on one knee sounds like a problem. Hope he heals up nicely.
07-13-2018 05:03 AM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
(07-12-2018 09:12 PM)broncofan1 Wrote:  

DIP THE CHIPS! :)

That's how we got Lester, Kool, and several other Bronco legends over the years.

Those guys didn't have multiple tears in the same knee.
07-13-2018 05:05 AM
BeatWestern! Online
All American

I Root For: Central Michigan
(07-12-2018 09:12 PM)broncofan1 Wrote:  

Roberson definitely has a long road to recovery.

07-13-2018 07:23 AM
RunningGame Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU
(07-13-2018 05:03 AM)brovol Wrote:  I don't think northwestern did anything wrong. They made an offer which had not yet been accepted. It's like if you make an offer on a house and the seller is waiting to see if someone else offer's more, but in the meantime the you discover the house has a bad black mold problem so you withdraw your offer before the seller accepts it. Or alternatively, before the buyer accepts your offer you see a house you like much better so you withdraw your offer. That's how it goes. If the kid was so in love with northwestern he should have accepted the offer when he got it.

I actually am concerned that we may be wasting a scholarship on someone who is likely to have a bum knee. Two ACL tears on one knee sounds like a problem. Hope he heals up nicely.

We've got loads of WRs and fond memories of Jordan White, so I'm not so worried we take a big chance on a good prospect like this rather than a good prospect who couldn't handle academics at a school like NW.

You make a good case about the offer, though, there was no deal, just interest. No agreement was pulled. I can understand disappointment, but to forbid coaches from your school? Maybe there is more to this than in the article.
07-13-2018 08:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.