Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

#WalkAway Campaign Founder Wants to ‘Give Voice Back to American Right’
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
#WalkAway Campaign Founder Wants to ‘Give Voice Back to American Right’
Quote:The founder of a campaign focused on building a community for those who feel left behind by the Democrat party and returning a voice to the American political right spoke exclusively with Big League Politics today.

“As somebody on the right, I don’t want to be part of the ‘silent majority,'” said Brandon Straka of New York City. “It’s time for the people on the right to get in touch with their voice, and it’s time for you to take the narrative back about who and what you actually are. I want to give a voice back to the people on the right.”

Straka is a former lifelong Democrat turned Republican after what he called his “red pill moment” after the 2016 election, when he discovered that the mainstream media creates false narratives and is intentionally duplicitous.

“I thought that the media was honest,” he said. “I thought that Rachel Maddow told the truth. I didn’t think that they withheld things from us and just told us what they wanted us to believe.”

The he began to realize that Democrats were not a tolerant, open-minded bunch as they so often claim to be.

“I just watched for several years as the party, the ideology has gone further and further extremist left, and how the Democratic party has embraced that instead of trying to reject that,” he said. “For me, the election of Donald Trump and the behavior of people in the aftermath of that really became intolerable, and at this point are incredibly intolerable.”

Straka began to dig for himself, with the express goal of learning whether the mainstream press was portraying President Trump in a fair light. What he discovered was just the opposite. He began listening to the other side – conservative pundits like Candace Owens, Milo Yiannopoulos, Dave Rubin and Tucker Carlson – and was amazed by what he found.

“I’m watching this all of a sudden and I’m going ‘God,’ I used to absolutely hate these people,'” he said, “but now I’m actually listening for the first time and I’m understanding that what they’re saying makes so much sense. I mean it makes so much more sense than the alternative.”

Straka struggled to connect with people who shared his newfound views, so he took to Youtube and made a video describing his transformation, which went viral in short order.

“Once I made that discovery I sort of tried to talk to people about it, and I got really sort hostile and contemptuous reactions from friends and people around me,” he said. “I live in New York City. The common group think here is ‘Trump sucks,’ ‘we hate Trump.'”

Straka then launched a campaign allowing former Democrats to tell their #WalkAway stories on Facebook. There are around 40 videos on the page, with more being uploaded daily. When actor James Woods shared his own #WalkAway story, the hashtag exploded. But Straka stressed that the movement is much more than just a hashtag. Instead, he is building a community.

Share Tweet

The founder of a campaign focused on building a community for those who feel left behind by the Democrat party and returning a voice to the American political right spoke exclusively with Big League Politics today.

“As somebody on the right, I don’t want to be part of the ‘silent majority,'” said Brandon Straka of New York City. “It’s time for the people on the right to get in touch with their voice, and it’s time for you to take the narrative back about who and what you actually are. I want to give a voice back to the people on the right.”

Straka is a former lifelong Democrat turned Republican after what he called his “red pill moment” after the 2016 election, when he discovered that the mainstream media creates false narratives and is intentionally duplicitous.

“I thought that the media was honest,” he said. “I thought that Rachel Maddow told the truth. I didn’t think that they withheld things from us and just told us what they wanted us to believe.”

Trending: WATCH: Laura Loomer Confronts Maxine Waters

The he began to realize that Democrats were not a tolerant, open-minded bunch as they so often claim to be.

“I just watched for several years as the party, the ideology has gone further and further extremist left, and how the Democratic party has embraced that instead of trying to reject that,” he said. “For me, the election of Donald Trump and the behavior of people in the aftermath of that really became intolerable, and at this point are incredibly intolerable.”

Straka began to dig for himself, with the express goal of learning whether the mainstream press was portraying President Trump in a fair light. What he discovered was just the opposite. He began listening to the other side – conservative pundits like Candace Owens, Milo Yiannopoulos, Dave Rubin and Tucker Carlson – and was amazed by what he found.

“I’m watching this all of a sudden and I’m going ‘God,’ I used to absolutely hate these people,'” he said, “but now I’m actually listening for the first time and I’m understanding that what they’re saying makes so much sense. I mean it makes so much more sense than the alternative.”

Straka struggled to connect with people who shared his newfound views, so he took to Youtube and made a video describing his transformation, which went viral in short order.

“Once I made that discovery I sort of tried to talk to people about it, and I got really sort hostile and contemptuous reactions from friends and people around me,” he said. “I live in New York City. The common group think here is ‘Trump sucks,’ ‘we hate Trump.'”

Straka then launched a campaign allowing former Democrats to tell their #WalkAway stories on Facebook. There are around 40 videos on the page, with more being uploaded daily. When actor James Woods shared his own #WalkAway story, the hashtag exploded. But Straka stressed that the movement is much more than just a hashtag. Instead, he is building a community.

“I wanted to be a part of this walk away campaign,” said Susan Mahan in her video. “I was raised a devout Democrat. My father was. My mother is. My whole family was Democrat. I voted for Obama, I voted for Clinton – all the past ones that were Democrats – because that was the thing to do. Now Donald Trump came around, and thanks to my son-in-law, made me turn my head around, made me look at the truth, made me do some investigating about this man and what he’s all about.”

More Here
06-27-2018 08:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.