Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Check it out
Bookmark and Share
Michigan Rocket Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo
Check it out
Athlon Sports Top 130 College Coaches for 2018. Candle #62. Babers #52, Fleck #47 (?) AND Campbell #32. I don't know what criteria they used, but, I don't necessarily agree with their rankings.

GO ROCKETS !!!!!!
06-25-2018 10:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Check it out
Candle pretty much walked into a sweet set-up, regardless he was partly responsible. And, he doesn't attract attention. He's not a "look at me" type. I don't see him sticking at the 60's for long. Where did they have App St's coach?

Fleck and Campbell legit brought up a program though I think it early to give lots of credit to Fleck, as he's not done anything at Minn yet. 2017 Minn wasn't better than 2016 Minn and they completely crapped out in their last two games. Plus there were some very questionable recruits at Boat U. BUT, he is from the presently popular school of bigger than the program, like Kiffin, though I give Fleck more credit for morals.

Babers, more sedate but also really hasn't taken Syracuse anywhere and also, crapped out at the end of the season.
06-26-2018 12:31 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Jinks is in at 126 and is rated ahead of Kent’s new guy who is dead last but has no hex to evaluate,
06-26-2018 12:52 PM
Advertisement

Michigan Rocket Offline
Special Teams

Very valid points. Candle is rated higher than some big name coaches. So not too bad. I see why Fleck is where he is in terms of rankings, but, his team mailed it in last two games last year and Babers never beat Toledo.
06-26-2018 01:34 PM
rocketpaul Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(06-26-2018 01:34 PM)Michigan Rocket Wrote:  Very valid points. Candle is rated higher than some big name coaches. So not too bad. I see why Fleck is where he is in terms of rankings, but, his team mailed it in last two games last year and Babers never beat Toledo.

Candle on his worst day ever is a better coach than Babers on his best day ever.
06-26-2018 07:48 PM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Last season we would have beaten Cuse and Minny. I'd put Fleck above for a career tho.
06-27-2018 05:07 AM
Michigan Rocket Offline
Special Teams

Fleck over Candle? I have to respectfully disagree. Fleck is full of himself and his true coaching abilities came to fruition when his team mailed it in last year. Minnesota fired their last coach to get him and Fleck had a lot of the former coach's recruits.
06-27-2018 07:06 AM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
(06-27-2018 07:06 AM)Michigan Rocket Wrote:  Fleck over Candle? I have to respectfully disagree. Fleck is full of himself and his true coaching abilities came to fruition when his team mailed it in last year. Minnesota fired their last coach to get him and Fleck had a lot of the former coach's recruits.

Mmm... Beat us 2 times. Turned 1-11 to a Cotton Bowl. And has had 1 year at Minny.... Give him time. He can prosper in that division.
06-27-2018 09:14 AM
Michigan Rocket Offline
Special Teams

Ain't gonna happen. I bet Minnesota will not win 6 game this year. It's The BIG 10, not the MAC. We'll see though.
06-27-2018 09:39 AM
Advertisement

utrocks84 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(06-27-2018 09:39 AM)Michigan Rocket Wrote:  Ain't gonna happen. I bet Minnesota will not win 6 game this year. It's The BIG 10, not the MAC. We'll see though.

The good thing is their in the B1G West not the East
06-27-2018 12:02 PM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Those rankings are opinions. I wouldn't give it much more thought than that. Always good for some interesting discussions though. I liken it to ranking the reasons Hillary lost the election - with her writing the article that ranked them. Also provides an interesting and heated discussion....
06-27-2018 06:35 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-27-2018 06:35 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  Those rankings are opinions. I wouldn't give it much more thought than that. Always good for some interesting discussions though. I liken it to ranking the reasons Hillary lost the election - with her writing the article that ranked them. Also provides an interesting and heated discussion....

I don't pay too much attention, I mostly just read headlines but as I understand it, it's because Russians voted more than dead people.
06-27-2018 07:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.