Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nancy Pelosi Calls Maxine Waters’s Comments ‘Unacceptable’
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Nancy Pelosi Calls Maxine Waters’s Comments ‘Unacceptable’
Quote:House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi responded Monday to fellow Democratic Congresswoman Maxine Waters’s call for Trump administration officials to be harassed by protesters as “unacceptable.”

Pelosi blamed President Donald Trump’s “daily lack of civility” for provoking responses “that are predictable but unacceptable” when she retweeted a CNN story about the comments Waters made over the weekend.

Pelosi did not mention Waters by name but called for “unity” as Republicans and Democrats prepare for a showdown in November's midterm elections.

“In the crucial months ahead, we must strive to make America beautiful again. Trump’s daily lack of civility has provoked responses that are predictable but unacceptable. As we go forward, we must conduct elections in a way that achieves unity from sea to shining sea,” Pelosi tweeted.

Democrats and liberals faced criticism after Waters, during a rally in Los Angeles Saturday, encouraged protesters to confront officials in President Donald Trump's White House.

Conservatives pounced on Waters's remarks as an example of liberals inciting violence, and other left-leaning voices questioned her as well.

The latter's comments could be reflective of a Democratic Party that is unsure of how it should try to tackle Trump and Republicans in the fall.

Unlike some of her fellow Democrats, Pelosi has repeatedly stated that the party should not run their midterm campaigns on impeaching Trump, and instead focus on economic messaging and how the party can help the average American worker.

Link
06-25-2018 04:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
RE: Nancy Pelosi Calls Maxine Waters’s Comments ‘Unacceptable’
Blind squirrel found a nut.
06-25-2018 04:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
When Pelosi thinks you've gone off the deep end, you need to rethink yourself
06-25-2018 05:36 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Pelosi is just mad she didn't say it first.
06-25-2018 05:37 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
Too funny!

There is a difference between a lack of civility and what dumb*** Waters said.
06-25-2018 06:12 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(06-25-2018 05:36 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  When Pelosi thinks you've gone off the deep end, you need to rethink yourself

When Pelosi thinks you've gone off the deep end, you've drowned.
06-25-2018 06:25 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(06-25-2018 05:36 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  When Pelosi thinks you've gone off the deep end, you need to rethink yourself

Bwahahahahahaha! Good one.
06-25-2018 06:30 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

Hmm, "focus on economic messaging." I'll bet the Demons standing next to her were asking, "Psst, what's our economic message?"

LOL, even I thought that was funny.
06-25-2018 06:32 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(06-25-2018 06:32 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  Hmm, "focus on economic messaging." I'll bet the Demons standing next to her were asking, "Psst, what's our economic message?"

LOL, even I thought that was funny.

They want to go back to robbing the American people.
06-25-2018 06:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(06-25-2018 06:25 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

When Pelosi thinks you've gone off the deep end, you've drowned.

in the shallow end.....
06-25-2018 06:56 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
No, Pelosi doesn't think her comments are unacceptable. It's just that she's still got 2 functioning brain cells (unlike Maxine) and realizes they're opening a can of shyte storm.

Trump's got 'em eating their own. LOL
06-25-2018 07:01 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
06-25-2018 07:13 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(06-25-2018 07:01 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  No, Pelosi doesn't think her comments are unacceptable. It's just that she's still got 2 functioning brain cells (unlike Maxine) and realizes they're opening a can of shyte storm.

Maxine Waters is too stupid to know she is inviting that type of treatment for herself. Pelosi does have at least a couple of brain cells. She doesn't want to be treated that way.
06-25-2018 07:17 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

(06-25-2018 07:17 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(06-25-2018 07:01 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  No, Pelosi doesn't think her comments are unacceptable. It's just that she's still got 2 functioning brain cells (unlike Maxine) and realizes they're opening a can of shyte storm.

Maxine Waters is too stupid to know she is inviting that type of treatment for herself. Pelosi does have at least a couple of brain cells. She doesn't want to be treated that way.

I hope the righties leave Maxine alone. What's the saying about not interrupting your enemy while they're in the process of blowing off their foot with their own weapon?
06-25-2018 07:23 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(06-25-2018 07:23 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  
(06-25-2018 07:17 PM)bullet Wrote:  

I hope the righties leave Maxine alone. What's the saying about not interrupting your enemy while they're in the process of blowing off their foot with their own weapon?

I bit my tongue off but still come with spew out of spite... 03-wink
06-25-2018 07:32 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
IF the GOP is smart, they'll run a quote of Maxine's statement and the prospect of Speaker Pelosi bringing an impeachment vote along with the names of the 30+ democrat co-sponsors of Al Green's impeachment bill in Red districts where Dems are running strong. WV 3rd district is a place this would work well.
06-25-2018 07:34 PM
Advertisement

TechRocks Offline
Heisman

(06-25-2018 07:34 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  IF the GOP is smart, they'll run a quote of Maxine's statement and the prospect of Speaker Pelosi bringing an impeachment vote along with the names of the 30+ democrat co-sponsors of Al Green's impeachment bill in Red districts where Dems are running strong. WV 3rd district is a place this would work well.

Indeed. The pubs are getting excellent advertising free-of-charge everytime Maxine the Mouth opens it. Trump, as we all know, knows what he's doing by painting those two rabid bats as the face of the dim party.
06-25-2018 07:37 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston

Lol—-exactly. Democrats have become the party of shouting and hate. They offer no answers or solutions—-just wild eyed hatred and a misguided fake news agenda. 04-cheers
06-26-2018 08:56 AM
DavidSt Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
The pot calling the kettle black on this one.

May not work when they tried to paint dems who ran and won were against Nancy Pelosi. French Hill in Arkansas is trying to paint his Democrat opponent tied to nancy Pelosi which he is not even close to her. There is a lot of differences between the California dingbats and the central US Democarts.
06-26-2018 03:29 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

(06-25-2018 07:34 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  IF the GOP is smart, they'll run a quote of Maxine's statement and the prospect of Speaker Pelosi bringing an impeachment vote along with the names of the 30+ democrat co-sponsors of Al Green's impeachment bill in Red districts where Dems are running strong. WV 3rd district is a place this would work well.

That's the key word there: Smart. They aren't that's why the Demons before Trump were getting killed at the polls. Also known as the Stupid Party vs the Evil Party.

I could so help the GOP in their campaign against false news but they would never hire me. No. Really.
06-26-2018 03:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.