Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bought Phil Steele's preview this morning...
Bookmark and Share
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Bought Phil Steele's preview this morning...
Stopped at Barnes & Noble after a Walmart run and bought my copy. Didn't want to do a digital download of it.lots of info as usual. Rockets ranked as #5 Receiving Group in FBS, #10 Special Teams, Vest picked on one of the Steele Pre-Season All-American teams. Biggest questions for Steele regarding the Rockets, QB play and the DL. Interesting who he's projecting as the starters.
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2018 11:41 AM by Boca Rocket.)
06-23-2018 11:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: Bought Phil Steele's preview this morning...
(06-23-2018 11:40 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Stopped at Barnes & Noble after a Walmart run and bought my copy. Didn't want to do a digital download of it.lots of info as usual. Rockets ranked as #5 Receiving Group in FBS, #10 Special Teams, Vest picked on one of the Steele Pre-Season All-American teams. Biggest questions for Steele regarding the Rockets, QB play and the DL. Interesting who he's projecting as the starters.

I don't see the defensive line as an issue. We had a lot of guys get playing time last year and we have some pretty decent size and athleticism. I do hope a couple of guys drop some weight and play at around 6'4 and 300 instead of up in the 330 range. Another year of weight training and hopefully dietary control should get them closer to an optimum weight level for speed, strength and durability. Keeping guys in the program and playing for all 4 years of eligibility is the best way to ensure the program stays constant. What is difficult to predict is how smart they play and how much desire there is to win. It looks like a pretty good group. Linebacker is the most unproven area, but the overall defense will be better than last year.

The bowl game showing is the thing that concerns me the most. To quote Vince Lombardi - "what the hell was (is) going on out there?"
06-25-2018 03:32 PM
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(06-25-2018 03:32 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  
(06-23-2018 11:40 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Stopped at Barnes & Noble after a Walmart run and bought my copy. Didn't want to do a digital download of it.lots of info as usual. Rockets ranked as #5 Receiving Group in FBS, #10 Special Teams, Vest picked on one of the Steele Pre-Season All-American teams. Biggest questions for Steele regarding the Rockets, QB play and the DL. Interesting who he's projecting as the starters.

I don't see the defensive line as an issue. We had a lot of guys get playing time last year and we have some pretty decent size and athleticism. I do hope a couple of guys drop some weight and play at around 6'4 and 300 instead of up in the 330 range. Another year of weight training and hopefully dietary control should get them closer to an optimum weight level for speed, strength and durability. Keeping guys in the program and playing for all 4 years of eligibility is the best way to ensure the program stays constant. What is difficult to predict is how smart they play and how much desire there is to win. It looks like a pretty good group. Linebacker is the most unproven area, but the overall defense will be better than last year.

The bowl game showing is the thing that concerns me the most. To quote Vince Lombardi - "what the hell was (is) going on out there?"

Basically a repeat of the Ohio U game in the Bowl. But you can see bits n pieces of what was wrong in every game. The rest of UT's schedule besides UMiami, OhioU, and App State weren't good enough to take advantage of the weaknesses/mistakes.
06-25-2018 03:59 PM
NashHall61 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Toledo
(06-25-2018 03:59 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(06-25-2018 03:32 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  

Basically a repeat of the Ohio U game in the Bowl. But you can see bits n pieces of what was wrong in every game. The rest of UT's schedule besides UMiami, OhioU, and App State weren't good enough to take advantage of the weaknesses/mistakes.

I also bought the Phil Steele book. Pretty surprised that the price keeps going up....I paid $13.99. A rational for buying it: lots of good info. Surprised to see the enrollment at Kent State is 42K. Multiple campus sites I guess.
06-29-2018 02:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.