Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Time Magazine Cover W/ Crying Migrant Girl Debunked As Fake News
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL

Quote:A little girl shown in a viral photo crying as a U.S Border Patrol agent detained her mother – and used by TIME magazine to symbolize the Trump administration's family separation policy – reportedly was never separated from her mom.

“Welcome to America,” declared a somber TIME cover, which showed the picture of the Honduran child Yanela Sanchez next to a towering President Trump.

TIME called it “an image America could not ignore” and interviewed the photographer, as did other outlets. TIME followed up with another article entirely about the cover and “the story behind” it.

The picture was featured in international coverage of the policy around the world. The New York Daily News also put Sanchez on the cover of its June 16 issue with the headline: “Callous. Soulless. Craven. Trump.”

CNN analyst Chris Cillizza wrote an entire article on the TIME cover: "It shows the compassion gap that exists between the Trump administration's 'zero-tolerance' border policy and the real-life people that are affected."

But multiple outlets interviewed the father of the girl behind the iconic image, and he said he had learned that his two-year-old daughter was detained with her mother at a facility in Texas, and the two were not separated at all. The Honduran government confirmed his version of events to Reuters.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/...-says.html
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2018 09:55 AM by Kronke.)
06-22-2018 09:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
RE: Time Magazine Cover W/ Crying Migrant Girl Debunked As Fake News
If a problem is bad (and this IS a problem, has been for decades with a variety of stop-gaps and debatable 'fixes') lying about the facts only lessens its importance.

Sure, it sounds great out of the gate... but eventually the lies are discovered and thus the significance of the issue (other than as a rallying cry for raising money) is eliminated and the problems don't get solved... see what happened under both Bush and Obama. The problem still exists and will continue to... with the only difference being how stringently we enforce the border.
06-22-2018 09:58 AM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(06-22-2018 09:54 AM)Kronke Wrote:  
Quote:A little girl shown in a viral photo crying as a U.S Border Patrol agent detained her mother – and used by TIME magazine to symbolize the Trump administration's family separation policy – reportedly was never separated from her mom.

“Welcome to America,” declared a somber TIME cover, which showed the picture of the Honduran child Yanela Sanchez next to a towering President Trump.

TIME called it “an image America could not ignore” and interviewed the photographer, as did other outlets. TIME followed up with another article entirely about the cover and “the story behind” it.

The picture was featured in international coverage of the policy around the world. The New York Daily News also put Sanchez on the cover of its June 16 issue with the headline: “Callous. Soulless. Craven. Trump.”

CNN analyst Chris Cillizza wrote an entire article on the TIME cover: "It shows the compassion gap that exists between the Trump administration's 'zero-tolerance' border policy and the real-life people that are affected."

But multiple outlets interviewed the father of the girl behind the iconic image, and he said he had learned that his two-year-old daughter was detained with her mother at a facility in Texas, and the two were not separated at all. The Honduran government confirmed his version of events to Reuters.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/...-says.html

I saw that..........more MSM credibility??

....and the liberal dopes will never get the memo....
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2018 10:01 AM by Crebman.)
06-22-2018 10:00 AM
Kronke Offline
Banned

Economic migrants, not fleeing violence.

President Trump was right. Again.

Quote:Father of the now famous photo of the little girl crying says his wife/child were never separated at any time by authorities, that his wife was seeking a job (not fleeing violence), and that he is upset w/ her for taking his child on the dangerous journey
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2018 10:04 AM by Kronke.)
06-22-2018 10:02 AM
ken d Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
Only the right could call a magazine cover "fake news". This is an artistic image - nothing more, nothing less. And as such, it portrays Donald Trump for what he is - a heartless prick and bully. The only difference is that the left in America doesn't like those qualities in its president, and the right loves them.
06-22-2018 10:03 AM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
This is an artistic image - nothing more, nothing less. And as such, it portrays the MSM for what they are - DNC shills willing to give up every ounce of credibility to further the leftist cause.
06-22-2018 10:07 AM
Advertisement

Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
(06-22-2018 10:03 AM)ken d Wrote:  Only the right could call a magazine cover "fake news". This is an artistic image - nothing more, nothing less. And as such, it portrays Donald Trump for what he is - a heartless prick and bully. The only difference is that the left in America doesn't like those qualities in its president, and the right loves them.

Unlike the live video of the United States of America wheeling millions of “currency” to Iran, the cover of Time was photoshopped.
06-22-2018 10:10 AM
Kronke Offline
Banned

(06-22-2018 10:03 AM)ken d Wrote:  Only the right could call a magazine cover "fake news". This is an artistic image - nothing more, nothing less. And as such, it portrays Donald Trump for what he is - a heartless prick and bully. The only difference is that the left in America doesn't like those qualities in its president, and the right loves them.

He could have just accepted the fact that he was duped by fake news, but what does he do?

Double down. Of course.
06-22-2018 10:13 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston

lol....there is an entire article detailing this little girls separation that is TOTALLY FALSE. Only a media apologist would call this accurate factual reporting. The media has an agenda. The media has a bias. The entire concept of being unbiased arbiters of fact is my issue with the mainstream media. I would have no issue with them if they simply would admit what they are. They have every right to present a point of view---just dont claim to be an unbiased third party simply presenting facts. Their unwillingness to acknowledge any level of bias and/or conflicts of interest totally undermines any claims they make at this point. They have simply been caught lying and presenting only half the picture too many times over a period of too many years to be taken seriously as real journalist.
06-22-2018 10:18 AM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina

Okay, so there are thousands of kids being ripped from their parents arms. The best Time Magazine could do was use a photo of a crying girl that was in fact NOT ripped from her parents arms???
06-22-2018 10:20 AM
EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Time magazine, failing miserably, resorts to fake news.
06-22-2018 10:23 AM
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
I have a new rule of thumb that works out pretty well these days. If a piece of "news" is in the MSM about Trump, it is false.
06-22-2018 10:29 AM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater

Call me a callous prick - IDC - but there are a slew of issues that the president and congress needs to deal with. This specific policy of illegal immigrants having their kids separated from them temporarily in different holding areas is pretty low on my list. The VAST majority of these people are not refugees. They are trying to sneak in to make more money.

What we see happening is that Mexico decided to no longer enforce their own immigration laws at their southern border. Therefore, the Mexicans are allowing people from Central and South America to pass thru Mexico to jump the northern border into the U.S. Seriously, this is completely unacceptable. IMHO, every illegal MEXICAN needs to be deported. If Mexico chooses to push these migrants into the U.S., then THEIR migrants need to be sent back. Also, until Mexico enforces their southern border, all LEGAL IMMIGRATION of Mexicans into the U.S. stops completely. NFW should Mexico not have their feet held to the fire because their gov't ASSISTS illegals from the south to pass thru Mexico into the U.S.
06-22-2018 10:32 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(06-22-2018 10:23 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  Time magazine, failing miserably, resorts to fake news.

I last cancelled Time back in 1987.

It was a laughable rag even then.
06-22-2018 10:39 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(06-22-2018 10:32 AM)miko33 Wrote:  

Call me a callous prick - IDC - but there are a slew of issues that the president and congress needs to deal with. This specific policy of illegal immigrants having their kids separated from them temporarily in different holding areas is pretty low on my list. The VAST majority of these people are not refugees. They are trying to sneak in to make more money.

What we see happening is that Mexico decided to no longer enforce their own immigration laws at their southern border. Therefore, the Mexicans are allowing people from Central and South America to pass thru Mexico to jump the northern border into the U.S. Seriously, this is completely unacceptable. IMHO, every illegal MEXICAN needs to be deported. If Mexico chooses to push these migrants into the U.S., then THEIR migrants need to be sent back. Also, until Mexico enforces their southern border, all LEGAL IMMIGRATION of Mexicans into the U.S. stops completely. NFW should Mexico not have their feet held to the fire because their gov't ASSISTS illegals from the south to pass thru Mexico into the U.S.

Uhhh, okay

You Callous prick

I mean, you asked for it(?)

04-cheers
06-22-2018 10:43 AM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards

Go ahead and poll the people of this country and see if the events represented by the 'artistic image' are not part of the 'evidence' for the opinion of Trump you express.

THIS is why it's fake.

You guys make up a dozen false and misleading stories that makes Trump look heartless, and then use the dozen stories to justify the opinion.
06-22-2018 10:56 AM
Advertisement

thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
(06-22-2018 10:39 AM)JMUDunk Wrote:  
(06-22-2018 10:23 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  Time magazine, failing miserably, resorts to fake news.

I last cancelled Time back in 1987.

It was a laughable rag even then.

"No time left for you. On my way to better things...."

No Time for me either....

06-22-2018 11:03 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(06-22-2018 10:32 AM)miko33 Wrote:  

Exactly right you callous prick. 04-bow
06-22-2018 11:12 AM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli

Say, uhh, yeah. Threatening to kidnap, rape, and murder a couple of kids is ok. Say, why don't you go and think about this before you respond again and make yourself look even worse.
06-22-2018 11:18 AM
Kronke Offline
Banned

If it's coming from the amazon post, is that good enough for resident alt-leftists to admit they were duped?

"..but, but.."

NO.

IT. WAS. FAKE.

You're being emotionally manipulated and played for a fool. WAKE UP!

Quote:Time magazine’s major mistake on the crying-girl cover

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-...05c617d484
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2018 11:21 AM by Kronke.)
06-22-2018 11:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.