Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ocean's 8 Actresses Are Blaming White Men For Bad Reviews
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Ocean's 8 Actresses Are Blaming White Men For Bad Reviews
Quote:Ocean's 8 has received mixed reviews and almost immediately some of the lead actresses are blaming white men. They said that the media hasn't shifted towards gender equality and that the reviews are a sign of not understanding or liking things that women like. But this is not likely the case as the same reviewers loved The Last Jedi and hated Deathwish. So what is the real reason for the bad reviews and is it possible its just a bad movie?

06-16-2018 03:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
RE: Ocean's 8 Actresses Are Blaming White Men For Bad Reviews
Just downvoted the movie. Thanks for the tip

Bwahahahaha.
06-16-2018 03:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
I left Ocean's 8 more convinced than ever that no amount of fierce, fantastic female ensembles can overcome the mediocrity of a dull male director. Full review
Emily Yoshida
Vulture

Ocean's 8 changes things up with an all-female gang, but there's a boyfriend angle, so even when women are running a multi-million-dollar con they have to make room for guy troubles, which is a drag. Full review
Manohla Dargis
The NYTimes
06-16-2018 06:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Item #1,053 for liberals blaming others instead of looking in the mirror. Of course, white men in the media is really the MSM, so the left continues to feed on itself. I'm waiting for Diane Rodham to chime in about the glass ceiling...
06-16-2018 06:11 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(06-16-2018 06:06 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  I left Ocean's 8 more convinced than ever that no amount of fierce, fantastic female ensembles can overcome the mediocrity of a dull male director. Full review
Emily Yoshida
Vulture

Ocean's 8 changes things up with an all-female gang, but there's a boyfriend angle, so even when women are running a multi-million-dollar con they have to make room for guy troubles, which is a drag. Full review
Manohla Dargis
The NYTimes

So it's a movie about ex wives?
06-16-2018 06:17 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
(06-16-2018 03:34 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:Ocean's 8 has received mixed reviews and almost immediately some of the lead actresses are blaming white men. They said that the media hasn't shifted towards gender equality and that the reviews are a sign of not understanding or liking things that women like. But this is not likely the case as the same reviewers loved The Last Jedi and hated Deathwish. So what is the real reason for the bad reviews and is it possible its just a bad movie?

The "last jedi" was a bad movie too. I don't even recognize it as a Star Wars film.

Solo was much better then "last jedi".
06-16-2018 06:53 PM
Advertisement

CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
So does this movie actually pass the Bechdel Test or is it just another farcical "recast all the male roles to women" thing?
06-16-2018 07:13 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
Someday Hollywood will learn that franchises and movie genres with mostly male fan bases don't have male fan bases because none of the lead characters are female.

Then they won't have so many box office flops like Ghostbusters, The Last Jedi, and Ocean's 8.
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2018 07:19 PM by EigenEagle.)
06-16-2018 07:18 PM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
A bunch of dumb menopausal woman play a bunch of crooks.

Sounds like marriage imo.
06-16-2018 09:19 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(06-16-2018 06:17 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
(06-16-2018 06:06 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  I left Ocean's 8 more convinced than ever that no amount of fierce, fantastic female ensembles can overcome the mediocrity of a dull male director. Full review
Emily Yoshida
Vulture

Manohla Dargis
The NYTimes

So it's a movie about ex wives?

K.

That was funny. COGS
06-17-2018 12:31 AM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(06-16-2018 07:18 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  Someday Hollywood will learn that franchises and movie genres with mostly male fan bases don't have male fan bases because none of the lead characters are female.

Then they won't have so many box office flops like Ghostbusters, The Last Jedi, and Ocean's 8.

Agreed. Taking this a step further, the movie isn’t doing well with the female audience either— it is a genre of film that women don’t flood the theatre’s to see. That’s not going to change simply because it is an all female cast.
06-17-2018 07:46 AM
Advertisement

thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

You know, if it wasn't for Marvel Comics, Hollywood would be near bankruptcy. Think about that for a moment.
06-17-2018 07:51 AM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
(06-16-2018 07:18 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  Someday Hollywood will learn that franchises and movie genres with mostly male fan bases don't have male fan bases because none of the lead characters are female.

Last Jedi wasn't a flop. It's the 9th highest grossing film of all time and has a 91% fresh rating on rotten tomatoes.

Oddly enough, it's one of those films that scored higher with critics than audiences, with critics praising things like its diverse cast. So, there goes the argument about critics not liking films with strong female characters. Apparently, it's the audience that refuses to think a mediocre film is great just because of who the cast is.
06-17-2018 08:46 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
John Travolta's Gotti has a 0 from the critics, presumably some white men, on Rotten Tomatoes. Does that help the ******* womening?

Reviews counted: 23
Fresh: 0
Rotten: 23

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/gotti_2018/

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s...90c6ee.jpg]
06-17-2018 09:22 AM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(06-17-2018 07:51 AM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  You know, if it wasn't for Marvel Comics, Hollywood would be near bankruptcy. Think about that for a moment.

Stan Lee gets blowjobs on demand at this point....

"Only the Brave" was the last I thought was well done....

they're few and far between these days....

you can thank CGI....
06-17-2018 10:06 AM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
I don't rely on Critics reviews. Most of them are drenched in Liberalism and review accordingly. I like to watch movies that the fans found good and exciting. They're (like Trumpers) the real voice of common man and woman.
06-17-2018 01:13 PM
Advertisement

TheDancinMonarch Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
At RE: Ocean's 8 Actresses Are Blaming White Men For Bad Reviews
Maybe people just get tired of being presented the same crap over and over again. A white cast. A black cast. A male cast. A female cast. A gay cast. How about Ocean's 4 with an all midget, er little people, cast?
06-17-2018 02:29 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
(06-17-2018 02:29 PM)TheDancinMonarch Wrote:  Maybe people just get tired of being presented the same crap over and over again. A white cast. A black cast. A male cast. A female cast. A gay cast. How about Ocean's 4 with an all midget, er little people, cast?

Ok that I'd go see....
06-17-2018 02:38 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(06-17-2018 08:46 AM)Chappy Wrote:  

Last Jedi wasn't a flop. It's the 9th highest grossing film of all time and has a 91% fresh rating on rotten tomatoes.

Oddly enough, it's one of those films that scored higher with critics than audiences, with critics praising things like its diverse cast. So, there goes the argument about critics not liking films with strong female characters. Apparently, it's the audience that refuses to think a mediocre film is great just because of who the cast is.
Last jedi was a turd. A waste of energy. A waste of time. Everything about it should be erased from history. The government should spend 10% of annual GDP researching ways to remove it from the memory of the poor souls that were subjected to the torture of watching it. I will never speak to the person that showed it to me on a bootleg website. I burned his laptop and he is banished from my home forever. They should send everyone that produced it to Guantanamo and force them to watch it continuously for life while being waterboarded.

But seriously though.

I hated it and star wars is dead forever.
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2018 03:54 PM by shere khan.)
06-17-2018 03:51 PM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

(06-17-2018 02:38 PM)Chappy Wrote:  
(06-17-2018 02:29 PM)TheDancinMonarch Wrote:  Maybe people just get tired of being presented the same crap over and over again. A white cast. A black cast. A male cast. A female cast. A gay cast. How about Ocean's 4 with an all midget, er little people, cast?

Ok that I'd go see....

How about an Oceans movie with the cast of *******. All in character.

Yes ?
06-17-2018 04:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.