Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why do we give ULM a hard time again??
Bookmark and Share
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
Exclamation Why do we give ULM a hard time again??
Saw a blog post yesterday about this and copied the info, but can't find the link anymore. The author noted the amount of P5 wins each team in the Sun Belt has had since the league added football. He included all of the P5 wins that former FCS teams have had since 2000 as well...

So why do folks give ULM a hard time again??? They have some of the best/most P5 wins of anyone in the SBC.

Arkansas State
Texas A&M (2008)

Appalachian State
#5 Michigan (2007)
Wake Forest (2000)

Coastal Carolina
None

Georgia Southern
Florida (2013)

Georgia State
None

Louisiana
Kansas State (2009)

Louisiana-Monroe
#8 Arkansas (2012)
Alabama (2007)
Wake Forest (2014)
Wake Forest (2013)

South Alabama
Mississippi State (2016)

Texas State
None

Troy
#17 Missouri (2004)
#25 LSU (2017)
Oklahoma State (2007)
Mississippi State (2001)
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2018 03:03 PM by CardinalBlackTrojan.)
06-13-2018 03:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Auburn_Blazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Auburn & UAB
RE: Why do we give ULM a hard time again??
And Auburn fans have been living off of that ULM victory for 11 years running.
06-13-2018 03:12 PM
BurlingtonApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
Do we give ULM a hard time? I think that's generally just Cajun fans and the occasional LaTech fan.
06-13-2018 03:13 PM
BlueBird10 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Georgia Southern
Some potential reasons in no particular order:

1. Hyphenated name appears to take a back seat to the recently accepted "Louisiana" Ragin' Cajuns naming convention

2. Less funding than most

3. Low enrollment

4. Smaller fan base

5. Publications discussing ULM dropping to FCS
06-13-2018 04:54 PM
T2003 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy & Auburn
(06-13-2018 03:01 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  So why do folks give ULM a hard time again??? They have some of the best/most P5 wins of anyone in the SBC.

That's all they have ever done though... (+ 1 bowl game appearance) but... lowest budget, low attendance, poor facilities even for SBC standards...

Anyways, I am sure I just jinxed our game against ULM...
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2018 05:05 PM by T2003.)
06-13-2018 05:05 PM
RamblinRedWolf Online
All American

I Root For: Arkansas State
I give mad props to ULM they have been our leagues giant killer (keep in mind on top of the victory over #8 Arkansas in ‘12, they should’ve knocked off both auburn and Baylor in that same season too)
06-13-2018 06:11 PM
Advertisement

Golota76 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ULM
(06-13-2018 03:13 PM)BurlingtonApp Wrote:  Do we give ULM a hard time? I think that's generally just Cajun fans and the occasional LaTech fan.

It’s more of throwing shade and what I call backhanded bashing. We’re left off conference realaughment talks like we’re not even in the conference. We have Arkansas State fans calling us out for not taking enough money for money games yet USA takes 800k to play Nebraska. That fan can’t provide provide evidence of what he’s talking about. Heck we almost get paid as much as A state does for these games.

Then the Best was a lot on here believed some idiot LT post about us dropping down because we did t have a game scheduled after 2020. We didn’t even have an AD at that time. I explained that we had Games eating to be signed and I even mentioned the schools and guess what?? It was those same schools. ULM usually signs its games 3 years out so it wasn’t a concern. Whoever believed that and commented that it might happen isn’t very bright. Hell Idaho has games scheduled and moved Down. It’s all we deserve some stuff and I can handle it but sometimes some of the stuff said is pretty dumb.
06-13-2018 06:54 PM
Golota76 Offline
2nd String

There was a whole thread about us moving down. Smh
06-13-2018 06:57 PM
Golota76 Offline
2nd String

We also beat Kentucky and Mississippi State as Independents.
06-13-2018 06:59 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Have a loon for a president. Guy got in a twitter fight with a reporter. When the AD raised more money wanted a dollar for dollar reduction in university support for athletics.

ULM fans deserve better.
06-13-2018 07:06 PM
Golota76 Offline
2nd String

(06-13-2018 04:54 PM)BlueBird10 Wrote:  Some potential reasons in no particular order:

1. Hyphenated name appears to take a back seat to the recently accepted "Louisiana" Ragin' Cajuns naming convention

2. Less funding than most

3. Low enrollment

4. Smaller fan base

5. Publications discussing ULM dropping to FCS

What publication? The student newspaper where the guy that doesn’t know crap about the situation and that we’d basically lose money if we dropped down.
What other publications? Some Blogs or the twitter sites where these people can’t even get right who’s returning on the team?
Come on now.
06-13-2018 07:18 PM
Advertisement

Golota76 Offline
2nd String

(06-13-2018 07:06 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  Have a loon for a president. Guy got in a twitter fight with a reporter. When the AD raised more money wanted a dollar for dollar reduction in university support for athletics.

ULM fans deserve better.

Yeah he’s not the brightest dude when it comes to athletics. Lol
Dan Wolken called him Clumsy thumbs.
06-13-2018 07:19 PM
InjunJohn86 Offline
Special Teams

And a missed FG in 2008 or we would have beaten Arkansas along with missed FG and XP that cost us the game with Kansas in 2006.

We have paid dearly for Lawson Swearigen as our "political favor" President. Damn near bankrupted the school and pushed through the name change over objections that has caused a massive rift amongst alumni. They handled the name change poorly and never did a good job of trying to heal old wounds. Reverting back to the old colors and the new logo hopefully will help. Cofer, as President, got the books in order. Bruno, as President, has made tremendous strides in academics. Now we need a President who understands what athletics brings to the school and will stop handcuffing the department. While our facilities aren't the grandest, they aren't too bad. There have been some facelifts as well as remodeling. New track and soccer field with Brown stadium be gutted and refurbished to provide training/locker rooms for both sports. New training room for football will be completed this summer.

We have had flashes of success here and there but haven't had the right people in place to take advantage and capitalize. This football staff won't waste a bowl appearance if you go this year.
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2018 07:23 PM by InjunJohn86.)
06-13-2018 07:22 PM
Golota76 Offline
2nd String

ULM SBC record is over 40% and I’m not saying that to brag. With all these faults ULM still manages to win not half but almost half of its conference games. We suck so bad y’all should be ashamed losing to us .
06-13-2018 07:25 PM
InjunJohn86 Offline
Special Teams

(06-13-2018 07:25 PM)Golota76 Wrote:  ULM SBC record is over 40% and I’m not saying that to brag. With all these faults ULM still manages to win not half but almost half of its conference games. We suck so bad y’all should be ashamed losing to us .
We have learned to do a lot more with a lot less. One good thing is we haven't accrued a lot of debt!! LOL
06-13-2018 07:28 PM
Golota76 Offline
2nd String

56-67 .455% again not bragging but I bet that’s close or better than some SBC schools.
6-4 vs Troy?
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2018 07:33 PM by Golota76.)
06-13-2018 07:31 PM
Advertisement

Florida RedWolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: arkansas state
(06-13-2018 06:11 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  I give mad props to ULM they have been our leagues giant killer (keep in mind on top of the victory over #8 Arkansas in ‘12, they should’ve knocked off both auburn and Baylor in that same season too)

I ain't giving ULM any hard time. They have out performed most of us given their numbers and restrictions. And I am forever grateful that they put a ass whupping on Arkansas. That earns my support.
06-13-2018 07:43 PM
InjunJohn86 Offline
Special Teams

(06-13-2018 07:31 PM)Golota76 Wrote:  56-67 .455% again not bragging but I bet that’s close or better than some SBC schools.
6-4 vs Troy?
Troy game always seems to be the home team that loses. Friggin' Ark St just has our damn number, it doesn't matter what year.
06-13-2018 07:47 PM
Florida RedWolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: arkansas state
(06-13-2018 03:01 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  Saw a blog post yesterday about this and copied the info, but can't find the link anymore. The author noted the amount of P5 wins each team in the Sun Belt has had since the league added football. He included all of the P5 wins that former FCS teams have had since 2000 as well...

So why do folks give ULM a hard time again??? They have some of the best/most P5 wins of anyone in the SBC.

Arkansas State
Texas A&M (2008)

Appalachian State
#5 Michigan (2007)
Wake Forest (2000)

Coastal Carolina
None

Georgia Southern
Florida (2013)

Georgia State
None

Louisiana
Kansas State (2009)

Louisiana-Monroe
#8 Arkansas (2012)
Alabama (2007)
Wake Forest (2014)
Wake Forest (2013)

South Alabama
Mississippi State (2016)

Texas State
None

Troy
#17 Missouri (2004)
#25 LSU (2017)
Oklahoma State (2007)
Mississippi State (2001)

Every school schedules according to its needs and that's how it should be. But if one wants to talk about beating P5's, I would leave Wake out of the discussion. There are a lot of P5's the SBC can beat over time if you schedule the bottom of the group to which Wake belongs. For State, the AD is going to schedule only the top P5 teams for that is where the real money is and that is the purpose of playing an Alabama, Southern Cal and Auburn. There is a down side to this scheduling however as the fans still associate a Wake or Kansas State with the power conferences and the win looks good. But if you don't schedule them, you can't beat them. I wish State would schedule two of the lower p5's every year.
06-13-2018 07:57 PM
Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

Glad we have at least a few more ULM fans that are posting again.
06-13-2018 08:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.