Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Apps Pick Up Big Time QB Transfer
Bookmark and Share
AppManDG Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
Apps Pick Up Big Time QB Transfer
QB Jackson Gibbs is transferring from UCLA to App. Sat out his freshman year and will have 3 to play. Picked the Bruins over Michigan, Maryland and Ole Miss. 6-1 190 Grandson of former Washington Redskins HC Joe Gibbs, went to Hough HS in Cornelius, NC. Welcome to Boone Jackson!
06-08-2018 07:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
RE: Apps Pick Up Big Time QB Transfer
Sounds like a solid pickup. Congrats!
06-08-2018 09:43 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
Is he immediately eligible?
06-08-2018 11:13 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(06-08-2018 11:13 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  Is he immediately eligible?

Not unless they change transfer rules overnight.
06-08-2018 11:39 PM
hapapp Offline
Special Teams

He was a walk on at UCLA and may be the same at App where he joins his brother who is a PWO. Not sure this is as big a deal as is being made out to be.
06-09-2018 04:30 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

Probably somewhere in the middle, kid had Big Ten and SEC offers. We’ve got some talented guys already on the roster. Makes me confident we’ll have a solid QB. Can we find a 300lb stub OL transfer.
06-09-2018 07:53 AM
Advertisement

Golota76 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ULM
Don’t know how it works but we have two Bama walk ons and they were eligible right away.
06-09-2018 08:20 AM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(06-09-2018 08:20 AM)Golota76 Wrote:  Don’t know how it works but we have two Bama walk ons and they were eligible right away.

I couldn't find anything on it, but if he's not on scholarship it obviously won't affect the scholarship count. If he never played a snap that could play into whether or not his has to sit a year, because technically he could log that as his year off, no?
06-09-2018 08:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

(06-09-2018 04:30 AM)hapapp Wrote:  He was a walk on at UCLA and may be the same at App where he joins his brother who is a PWO. Not sure this is as big a deal as is being made out to be.

His 247 and ESPN profiles have no rating, and Rivals lists him as a two star. Is it possible he got those offers because of his lineage?

Here are his high school stats for what it's worth. I don't know anything about the ranking systems of high schools in North Carolina and what his numbers could mean. I wouldn't necessarily expect him to be all conference in 2018. Sounds like a development project.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jackson-...-stats.htm
06-09-2018 08:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Florida RedWolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: arkansas state
(06-09-2018 08:46 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  
(06-09-2018 04:30 AM)hapapp Wrote:  He was a walk on at UCLA and may be the same at App where he joins his brother who is a PWO. Not sure this is as big a deal as is being made out to be.

His 247 and ESPN profiles have no rating, and Rivals lists him as a two star. Is it possible he got those offers because of his lineage?

Here are his high school stats for what it's worth. I don't know anything about the ranking systems of high schools in North Carolina and what his numbers could mean. I wouldn't necessarily expect him to be all conference in 2018. Sounds like a development project.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jackson-...-stats.htm

I like to see transfers to a SBC school. Can only help.
06-09-2018 08:54 AM
TheOriginalBigApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
I’m hoping for Coach Joe Gibbs to become a Yosef Club member and new season ticket holder if this transfer sticks
06-09-2018 08:56 AM
Advertisement

High Country Student Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App. State
(06-09-2018 08:56 AM)TheOriginalBigApp Wrote:  I’m hoping for Coach Joe Gibbs to become a Yosef Club member and new season ticket holder if this transfer sticks

He was in attendance for the GS game last year. He's also set to be the keynote speaker at the yosef club gala coming up and I know he has a house in the Boone area so I think you will definitely see some level of continued involvement.
06-09-2018 09:15 AM
AppManDG Offline
Heisman

He always wanted to go to UCLA, but they we're out of scholarships. Obviously money is no object to his family. The offers from Michigan, Maryland and Ole Miss we're legit. We recruited him out of HS. I'd urge you to watch his film before making a decision about his ability.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using CSNbbs mobile app
06-09-2018 09:49 AM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

(06-09-2018 09:49 AM)AppManDG Wrote:  
He always wanted to go to UCLA, but they we're out of scholarships. Obviously money is no object to his family. The offers from Michigan, Maryland and Ole Miss we're legit. We recruited him out of HS. I'd urge you to watch his film before making a decision about his ability.

I don't know man... His ratings aren't very good, and according to the LATIMES, he was 4th on the depth chart and if he had stayed he would have been 6th behind two highly thought of recruits. Makes me think his offers were on a hunch that he could be molded into something better based on his DNA.

He might be a decent SBC QB, but it's not like APP got a Top 10 4-Star that happened to be behind a superstar. He also has no live college experience at all, and spent his freshman year with a team that wasn't as good as APP.

I'm glad you guys got some depth, just not buying the hype that this is a big time get for you guys.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2018 10:16 AM by TroyFootball05.)
06-09-2018 10:15 AM
hapapp Offline
Special Teams

I wasn't suggesting he didn't have talent, but I don't think this is the big get some seem to think. I know he had some offers out of high school and had a decent career but nothing that really is overwhelming. As was pointed out, he likely would never see time at UCLA at QB. It is also strange with the offers he had that his rankings were so low.
06-09-2018 10:34 AM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
He’s a get, might be a good transfer, but to refer to him now as a “Big Time QB Transfer” is overstatent.

Now had Jalen Hurts from Alabama transferee, that would be a “Big Time”transfer.
06-09-2018 11:28 AM
Advertisement

T2003 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy & Auburn
(06-09-2018 10:15 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  

I don't know man... His ratings aren't very good, and according to the LATIMES, he was 4th on the depth chart and if he had stayed he would have been 6th behind two highly thought of recruits. Makes me think his offers were on a hunch that he could be molded into something better based on his DNA.

He might be a decent SBC QB, but it's not like APP got a Top 10 4-Star that happened to be behind a superstar. He also has no live college experience at all, and spent his freshman year with a team that wasn't as good as APP.

I'm glad you guys got some depth, just not buying the hype that this is a big time get for you guys.

I agree. I talked to my brother who is a huge UCLA fan; he didn't even know this kid...
06-09-2018 12:23 PM
AppManDG Offline
Heisman

(06-09-2018 11:28 AM)Usajags Wrote:  He’s a get, might be a good transfer, but to refer to him now as a “Big Time QB Transfer” is overstatent.

Now had Jalen Hurts from Alabama transferee, that would be a “Big Time”transfer.

Come on folks, UCLA is Big Time, so by default Gibbs is a Big Time transfer. 03-lol Seriously, after watching his tape it's easy to see he's a solid QB. You just don't garner committable offers from Michigan, Maryland and Ole Miss without having some talent.
06-09-2018 12:31 PM
AppManDG Offline
Heisman

(06-09-2018 12:23 PM)T2003 Wrote:  
(06-09-2018 10:15 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  

I agree. I talked to my brother who is a huge UCLA fan; he didn't even know this kid...

How many other true freshmen does he know?
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2018 12:36 PM by AppManDG.)
06-09-2018 12:32 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(06-09-2018 08:20 AM)Golota76 Wrote:  Don’t know how it works but we have two Bama walk ons and they were eligible right away.

The rule with walk ons is tricky, but if he enrolled in UCLA, I believe he has to sit out if intends to transfer to App to play Football.
06-09-2018 12:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.