Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jaelen Greene Transfer
Bookmark and Share
scvanguard1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincy, Oklahoma
Jaelen Greene Transfer
Any word on why Greene decided to transfer to Jacksonville State?

https://cincinnati.rivals.com/news/green...onville-st

06-06-2018 10:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
RE: Jaelen Greene Transfer
(06-06-2018 10:17 AM)scvanguard1 Wrote:  Any word on why Greene decided to transfer to Jacksonville State?

Running back room is loaded.

06-06-2018 11:02 AM
Racinejake Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(06-06-2018 10:17 AM)scvanguard1 Wrote:  Any word on why Greene decided to transfer to Jacksonville State?

Haven't heard but it could be due to a very crowded backfield. This is as deep as we've been at RB as I can remember.

06-06-2018 11:02 AM
Advertisement

BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(06-06-2018 11:02 AM)Racinejake Wrote:  

Haven't heard but it could be due to a very crowded backfield. This is as deep as we've been at RB as I can remember.

Yeah, it's reminiscent of the 2007 season...Benton, Glathaar, Moore, and Ramsey all had 50+ carries. With Doaks and Warren both only sophomores who averaged 6+ yards per carry in their first season, paired with McClelland, Montgomery, and Thomas coming in as freshmen and Boose likely in the mix on the goal line, Greene really wasn't going to get a touch and is moving closer to home across a division so he can play right away. I wish him luck and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we see another transfer out of the backfield at some point.

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2018 12:09 PM by BearcatMan.)
06-06-2018 12:06 PM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(06-06-2018 12:06 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

Yeah, it's reminiscent of the 2007 season...Benton, Glathaar, Moore, and Ramsey all had 50+ carries. With Doaks and Warren both only sophomores who averaged 6+ yards per carry in their first season, paired with McClelland, Montgomery, and Thomas coming in as freshmen and Boose likely in the mix on the goal line, Greene really wasn't going to get a touch and is moving closer to home across a division so he can play right away. I wish him luck and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we see another transfer out of the backfield at some point.

I am not sure I'd consider glathaar, moore and Ramsey particularly strong though each were solid in their own way and brought different skill sets.

06-06-2018 12:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert

I am guessing at least one of those names will switch to defense before it is all said and done.

(06-06-2018 12:23 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

I am not sure I'd consider glathaar, moore and Ramsey particularly strong though each were solid in their own way and brought different skill sets.

The current group is more skilled than Glat, Moore and Ramsey; but from a numbers perspective he is right that this is the deepest RB room we have had since that time. In the past decade or so we have usually only featured 1-2 running backs (3 once or twice). We literally have 4 guys who will be getting significant carries. Obviously their skill set is a primary reason, but if we are being honest our WR corps being as week as a unit as we've had in 20 years is also a factor.

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2018 12:48 PM by CliftonAve.)
06-06-2018 12:44 PM
BearcatMan Offline

(06-06-2018 12:23 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

That was a food on the table comparison, not a talent comparison...I'm completely agreeing with your assessment of those three there.

06-06-2018 02:55 PM
Advertisement

dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
Has Ross Trail resurfaced anywhere? That kind of went quiet.

06-06-2018 03:04 PM
GoCats1994 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Bearcats

Is this speculation, or known? Point being...if it was only a matter of a crowded backfield, it would seem to make sense that the transfer would have happened several weeks ago (when classes ended). Why now? Not challenging you...merely wondering what caused the transfer

06-07-2018 06:04 AM
Advertisement

BearcatMan Offline

(06-07-2018 06:04 AM)GoCats1994 Wrote:  

Is this speculation, or known? Point being...if it was only a matter of a crowded backfield, it would seem to make sense that the transfer would have happened several weeks ago (when classes ended). Why now? Not challenging you...merely wondering what caused the transfer

If I had to guess (and that's all I'm doing), he was gone after the spring and was looking at options since then. That's only about a month, and he was going to complete the semester at UC anyways for transfer admission purposes. It's pretty clear that he wasn't getting time, and with the guys getting stacked in on top of him in this class shows what the staff thought of the roster talent.

06-07-2018 07:27 AM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

I like the fact that we have a position group that is "so stacked" that someone feels the need to transfer away. If only all the position groups were so.

06-07-2018 08:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scvanguard1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincy, Oklahoma
Thanks for the input. Just surprised a guy who wasn't redshirted and played as a true freshman got buried on the depth chart to have to transfer.

06-07-2018 02:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.