Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Trump will be deposed in defamation lawsuit
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
Trump will be deposed in defamation lawsuit
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...li=BBnb7Kz

Quote:President Donald Trump can be deposed in a defamation case a New York Judge ruled Tuesday.

Summer Zervos, a former contestant on “The Apprentice” claimed Trump kissed her and groped her while she was a contestant on the show in 2007. After Trump repeatedly denied her claims, calling her a liar, Zervos filed a defamation claim in January 2017, just days before his inauguration. Zervos was one of more than a dozen women to accuse President Trump of sexual misconduct during his campaign.

President grabby won't like this. He should have paid the judge more to get his way.
06-05-2018 08:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
RE: Trump will be deposed in defamation lawsuit
Will be? You know this, how?
06-05-2018 08:23 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
It’s precious how the phrase “can be” in the linked-article magically transformed to “will be” in the title of this thread.

50/50 odds this never happens. And even if it does, it’s least 2 years away.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2018 08:42 PM by Native Georgian.)
06-05-2018 08:42 PM
Advertisement

TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
(06-05-2018 08:42 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  It’s precious how the phrase “can be” in the linked-article magically transformed to “will be” in the title of this thread.

It's not cb's fault NG. TDS causes such things. CB reads can be, and his brain automatically translates that to will be and then sends a message below and he get's an erection.
06-05-2018 08:45 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
(06-05-2018 08:45 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  
(06-05-2018 08:42 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  It’s precious how the phrase “can be” in the linked-article magically transformed to “will be” in the title of this thread.

It's not cb's fault NG. TDS causes such things. CB reads can be, and his brain automatically translates that to will be and then sends a message below and he get's an erection.

If you two would bother to read ( I know that is a problem for Trump supporters because you like to be spoon fed), the judge provided them a deadline to submit depositions. As usual, Trump is going to appeal on a flimsy excuse, and he's trying to keep the public from seeing the results of the lawsuit. This president has more secrets than the federal government.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump...01971.html
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2018 09:19 PM by cb4029.)
06-05-2018 09:18 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
I don't know how anyone wins such a suit. It seems frivilous. That would mean anytime you deny a charge against you they could file a defamation suit.
06-05-2018 09:33 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(06-05-2018 08:11 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...li=BBnb7Kz

Quote:President Donald Trump can be deposed in a defamation case a New York Judge ruled Tuesday.

Summer Zervos, a former contestant on “The Apprentice” claimed Trump kissed her and groped her while she was a contestant on the show in 2007. After Trump repeatedly denied her claims, calling her a liar, Zervos filed a defamation claim in January 2017, just days before his inauguration. Zervos was one of more than a dozen women to accuse President Trump of sexual misconduct during his campaign.

President grabby won't like this. He should have paid the judge more to get his way.

By the time this happens it will be Section 2/Page 18 news. The Obama Spygate Trial will be on page one. They will be talking about how good Michelle looks as she sits behind 4 grim faced attorneys and a sullen Magic Man. 04-cheers
06-05-2018 11:43 PM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(06-05-2018 09:18 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  
(06-05-2018 08:45 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  

If you two would bother to read ( I know that is a problem for Trump supporters because you like to be spoon fed), the judge provided them a deadline to submit depositions. As usual, Trump is going to appeal on a flimsy excuse, and he's trying to keep the public from seeing the results of the lawsuit. This president has more secrets than the federal government.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump...01971.html

Tis much more preferable to be spoon fed than force fed like you guys.
06-06-2018 06:42 AM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
She's lying.

Proof: Gloria Allred.
06-06-2018 07:57 AM
Advertisement

Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
pfft. Another nothingburger from the left... even if he loses.

Clinton made this sort of thing 'okay' and continues to believe that a 50+yr old man in a position of great power preying upon a clearly star struck 20 year old is perfectly reasonable. If I were Trump, I'd call Bill as a 'expert'.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2018 10:44 AM by Hambone10.)
06-06-2018 10:44 AM
Oman Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis !!
(06-05-2018 09:33 PM)bullet Wrote:  I don't know how anyone wins such a suit. It seems frivilous. That would mean anytime you deny a charge against you they could file a defamation suit.

I read about this, it seems the judge can't find a reason the POTUS cannot be deposed or called to testify in a civil suit. If you remember Clinton was deposed in the Paula Jones trial, and testified. Many, including me, thought he should not.

I mentioned this in another thread as well, I expect if he is ever deposed the POTUS will ignore the summons. The judiciary has no authority to compel the chief executive to do anything. What's the judge going to do, send the sheriff to arrest the POTUS.

I agree also that this appears to be another Aldred front page tabloid issue.
06-06-2018 12:58 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(06-06-2018 12:58 PM)Oman Wrote:  I expect if he is ever deposed the POTUS will ignore the summons. The judiciary has no authority to compel the chief executive to do anything. What's the judge going to do, send the sheriff to arrest the POTUS.
No FTA warrant, but probably Civil contempt. Monetary fine.
06-06-2018 03:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.