MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
Little guys did OK
Going to super-regionals:
Tenn Tech
Stetson
Fullerton

And two of those are equal seeds to the power conference team they will be facing.
06-05-2018 07:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: Little guys did OK
(06-05-2018 07:37 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  Going to super-regionals:
Tenn Tech
Stetson
Fullerton

And two of those are equal seeds to the power conference team they will be facing.

Fullerton's not a "Little team" They've got a ton of CWS appareances and are generally considered one of the best baseball programs in the country.

Tennessee Tech and Stetson are very much little programs. Tennessee Tech has the #1 offense in the country, Stetson has the #1 pitching staff. Really would love to see them in Omaha.
06-06-2018 01:44 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
Yes, I know Fullerton is a heavyweight in baseball, but they are definitely not a power conference school. "Little" in that respect.
06-06-2018 01:57 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(06-06-2018 01:57 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  Yes, I know Fullerton is a heavyweight in baseball, but they are definitely not a power conference school. "Little" in that respect.

I agree from that respect, but I'll point out that the "Power Conference" lines are a little blurred in baseball. You've got the SEC and ACC on the baseball side, but the rest of the next few leagues are filled with 1 or two dominant programs who sort of beat up on the rest.

Cool thing about baseball is that its such an equalizer. We just witnessed a softball tournament where the top 16 seeds won their regionals and the top 8 made the WCWS. In baseball this year Seven of the 16 regionals were won by a team other than the host school. We're guaranteed at least two unseeded teams in Omaha.

Get the right players and get hot at the right time and crazy stuff can happen.
06-06-2018 06:35 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

I Root For: Flames & Canes
Attended Sunday's Stetson vs. Okla State game in Deland. Stetson may be a small, relatively unknown, obscure 3,000 student school, but they are for real. Pitching will take a team far in all levels of baseball and they have great pitching. Ironically the MVP of the Deland regional was the clean-up hitter for Stetson, who also is the co-leader in NCAA saves. SU leads the nation with 18 straight wins. They swept their regional convincely winning their games. I enjoyed the game so much, I just bought tickets and travel arrangements to watch them play UNC in Chapel Hill. Talk about the ultimate Davey vs. Goliath match up. Follow Stetson as they are the Cinderella team in this field. Strong pitching is the one facet that keeps all teams competitive.
06-06-2018 06:54 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
(06-06-2018 01:57 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  Yes, I know Fullerton is a heavyweight in baseball, but they are definitely not a power conference school. "Little" in that respect.

Metinks you are a little too obsessed with labels and pigeonhole programs in all sports based on football. Sports are not all defined by football.
06-06-2018 09:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.