Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A President Clinton Would Have Made Things Much Worse
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
A President Clinton Would Have Made Things Much Worse
[Image: zjv3h3.jpg]

The United States dodged a nuclear bomb.

Quote:To put the roller-coaster presidency of Donald Trump in perspective, it helps on occasion to imagine that Hillary Clinton won the election. My experience is that the exercise leads to greater appreciation of the president we have, warts and all.

Start with Clinton herself. She has spent the last 18 months in a perpetual snit. “No, I’m not over it,” she confessed while turning Yale’s commencement into a self-pity party.

Anyone who has dealt with her knows the “I’m a victim” schtick didn’t start with November of 2016, and would not have ended if she won. She’s been a blamer and finger-pointer her entire public life and would have taken her woe-is-me attitude to the Oval Office.

Coupled with her breathtaking sense of entitlement, it is hard to see her presidency lifting the nation’s self-confidence, at home or abroad.

In economic terms, how much higher would unemployment be? How about the stock market and median family incomes — how much lower would they be?

Remember, Clinton promised — promised! — to put coal miners out of work. That’s a promise she probably would have kept.

She wanted to raise taxes instead of cutting them and loosen already lax immigration policies instead of tightening them.

She was part of President Obama’s team that tried to force Israel to make concessions its leaders believed were dangerous to the Jewish state’s security. It’s a cinch the US embassy still would be in Tel Aviv instead of Jerusalem and Palestinians would have kept a veto over our policy.

The Iran deal would be unmolested by a Clinton presidency, leaving the mullahs free to be ever more aggressive in their pursuit of regional power.

It’s true a President Clinton would be more popular in Western Europe than Trump is, but that’s because there would be no America First agenda. Allowing Europe to call the global shots would make appeasement the default position.

Keep reading here....
05-27-2018 07:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
RE: A President Clinton Would Have Made Things Much Worse
Western Europe's does a stellar job calling the shots, they shot homosexuals, they shot Jews, they shot a guy named Franz Ferdinand, they shot an entire generation, etc.
05-27-2018 09:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Quote:She has spent the last 18 months in a perpetual snit. “No, I’m not over it,” she confessed while turning Yale’s commencement into a self-pity party.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

Everyone else in the United States is...
05-27-2018 09:43 PM
Mr_XcentricK Offline
World Wanderer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(05-27-2018 09:43 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  
Quote:She has spent the last 18 months in a perpetual snit. “No, I’m not over it,” she confessed while turning Yale’s commencement into a self-pity party.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

No, apparently they are not because we keep seeing these stupid "what if..." articles to deflect attention away from our actual elected president. Some of us just keeping lapping it up.
05-28-2018 06:43 AM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(05-28-2018 06:43 AM)Mr_XcentricK Wrote:  

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

No, apparently they are not because we keep seeing these stupid "what if..." articles to deflect attention away from our actual elected president. Some of us just keeping lapping it up.

LOL
05-28-2018 06:58 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

We are over her loss and final presidential run but she's clearly not. If Hillary, Chelsea, et. al., would shut their pie holes and enjoy life outside of the spotlight you wouldn't hear a peep. If folks quit giving Diane Rodham token awards and paying her speaking fees then that would be a start to the fade away.
05-28-2018 09:20 AM
Mr_XcentricK Offline
World Wanderer

(05-28-2018 09:20 AM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

We are over her loss and final presidential run but she's clearly not. If Hillary, Chelsea, et. al., would shut their pie holes and enjoy life outside of the spotlight you wouldn't hear a peep. If folks quit giving Diane Rodham token awards and paying her speaking fees then that would be a start to the fade away.

The Clintons did not right that article.
05-28-2018 12:26 PM
Advertisement

ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(05-28-2018 12:26 PM)Mr_XcentricK Wrote:  

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

They did not write, it, either
05-28-2018 07:08 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

(05-28-2018 07:08 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  
(05-28-2018 12:26 PM)Mr_XcentricK Wrote:  
(05-27-2018 09:43 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

They did not write, it, either

The Clintons didn't right, er, write the article but they're darn intent on staying front and center in the media and do their Clinton-speak. You open yourself to criticism and scrutiny if that is what you CHOOSE to do. Again, instead of pointing the finger at us, point it to Diane Rodham to tie a knot in her pie hole and enjoy life away from the spotlight o'meter.
05-28-2018 07:17 PM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
Trump was the first candidate since, well, forever that was not a defeatist when it came to blue collar manufacturing jobs being shipped to other countries.

He rightfully said that blue collar manufacturing jobs can return to America, if only the government had the back of its citizens. People called him a fool - but I knew he was right. I have been saying it for over 20 years. There is no reason why those can't come back here. We have leverage. Let's use it.

Thank God for Donald J. Trump. I don't care about his arrogance. In fact, I like his arrogance. When you have won as much as him you have the right to be arrogant. And thank God America is following his lead.

EDIT: Frak it. That up there in red is my new signature line. At the end of the day, what UCF did with their entire national championship thing secondary to what hangs in the balance in respect to the future of this country.
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2018 09:16 PM by thespiritof1976.)
05-28-2018 09:14 PM
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

That article is not deflecting attention from our current President, it's reinforcing the point that Donald Trump was the correct choice by saying his policies and actions are superior to what we would have gotten from the alternative.
05-28-2018 11:15 PM
JTiger Offline
Grand Master Sexaaayyyy

We play this game after every election. It's always speculation and sometime fun to play but ultimately unproductive much like the internet.
05-30-2018 06:42 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
I think a President Hillary would have been, on balance, about the same. We probably wouldn't have the tax cut, and we surely wouldn't have Justice Gorsuch, and we almost certainly would be as divided as we are. But we probably would be better off in some areas to offset that--possibly immigration and tariffs.

Thinking back to 2016, at the time I assessed the possibilities, in order from best to worst, as:

Hillary, if she continued what Bill did as essentially Bill's third term;
Closely followed by the best Trump could be;
Followed at some distance by Hillary, if she were not Bill's third term (which I would expect, since Bill doesn't even sound like President Bill any more);
Followed by the worst Trump could be;
Followed at great distance by Bernie.

I'd say we've gotten the middling Trump. I like some things, dislike others. On balance, I'd say he's about were I would have expected Hillary to be. As long as we dodged Bernie, I think we would have survived.
05-30-2018 09:52 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(05-28-2018 09:14 PM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  Trump was the first candidate since, well, forever that was not a defeatist when it came to blue collar manufacturing jobs being shipped to other countries.

He rightfully said that blue collar manufacturing jobs can return to America, if only the government had the back of its citizens. People called him a fool - but I knew he was right. I have been saying it for over 20 years. There is no reason why those can't come back here. We have leverage. Let's use it.

Thank God for Donald J. Trump. I don't care about his arrogance. In fact, I like his arrogance. When you have won as much as him you have the right to be arrogant. And thank God America is following his lead.

EDIT: Frak it. That up there in red is my new signature line. At the end of the day, what UCF did with their entire national championship thing secondary to what hangs in the balance in respect to the future of this country.

ya dadgummed right!!! 03-thumbsup
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2018 06:40 AM by stinkfist.)
05-31-2018 06:39 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(05-30-2018 09:52 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  I think a President Hillary would have been, on balance, about the same. We probably wouldn't have the tax cut, and we surely wouldn't have Justice Gorsuch, and we almost certainly would be as divided as we are. But we probably would be better off in some areas to offset that--possibly immigration and tariffs.

Thinking back to 2016, at the time I assessed the possibilities, in order from best to worst, as:

Hillary, if she continued what Bill did as essentially Bill's third term;
Closely followed by the best Trump could be;
Followed at some distance by Hillary, if she were not Bill's third term (which I would expect, since Bill doesn't even sound like President Bill any more);
Followed by the worst Trump could be;
Followed at great distance by Bernie.

I'd say we've gotten the middling Trump. I like some things, dislike others. On balance, I'd say he's about were I would have expected Hillary to be. As long as we dodged Bernie, I think we would have survived.

just NO!

status quo had to GO.....

however, I do understand the gist of your posit....

the game had to change.....#henceDJT was the only character in the cast that had that ability.....
05-31-2018 06:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.