Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Illinoisans Fleeing State by Tens of Thousands over Taxes and Financial Loss
BadgerMJ Offline
All American

I Root For: Wisconsin / ND
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...cial-loss/

Whhhhaaaatttt????

Seems as if the lefties in Illinois want to have their proverbial cake and eat it too. They want to be able to claim they're "progressive", support all that government spending, and fall back on the "just raise taxes" cliche...... Until those taxes ACTUALLY have to be raised, then they, in true "progressive" fashion, tuck tail & run, leaving the bill for OTHER people to pay.

Any people on the fence thinking about voting for a demmie in state elections, look no further than the Land of Lincoln to see what damage can be inflicted....
05-23-2018 06:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
RE: Illinoisans Fleeing State by Tens of Thousands over Taxes and Financial Loss
Great, they're moving to TN. As long as they move to Nashville I guess I'm OK with it.
05-23-2018 06:50 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: Illinoisans Fleeing State by Tens of Thousands over Taxes and Financial Loss
so the folks with the cash and assets are headed south.....

who'd a thunk it....
05-23-2018 07:15 AM
BadgerMJ Offline
All American

(05-23-2018 06:50 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  Great, they're moving to TN. As long as they move to Nashville I guess I'm OK with it.

Unfortunately they're libs, which means they'll never learn and bring the leftist philosophy to TN. Pretty soon there will be enough of them to start voting for the same things that ruined Illinois.

Heard good things about TN and Nashville. Be a crying shame to have it turn into Chicago south.
05-23-2018 07:17 AM
stinkfist Offline

(05-23-2018 07:17 AM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  
(05-23-2018 06:50 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  Great, they're moving to TN. As long as they move to Nashville I guess I'm OK with it.

Unfortunately they're libs, which means they'll never learn and bring the leftist philosophy to TN. Pretty soon there will be enough of them to start voting for the same things that ruined Illinois.

Heard good things about TN and Nashville. Be a crying shame to have it turn into Chicago south.

I'll disagree....that's the wrong demographic.....

those libs have been taught a valuable lesson....

the libs left behind are the ones you don't want....

#growingslumland

#LBJresidualeffect
05-23-2018 07:24 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

Nashville is already run by leftist progs and hipsters who thought they wanted Nashville to be the New York of the south until they started tearing down old watering holes and erecting high rise apartments in their place and traffic started resembling something more like Atlanta. Now they are all crying about the overpopulation of their fair city. Maroons...

And I love TN, it's an awesome state in which to live, no state income tax and scenery out the wazoo, largely conservative until you get into Memphis and Nashville. With the large population of blacks in Memphis it's no surprise it's run by democrats, I can't explain why Nashville went prog though.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2018 07:33 AM by TigerBlue4Ever.)
05-23-2018 07:30 AM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

(05-23-2018 07:24 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

#growingslumland

#LBJresidualeffect

I suspect I'm like you, and a lot of other conservative posters here, in that I don't necessarily dislike what I call soft liberals. It's the hardcore progressives (Marxists) who represent a threat. I know plenty of liberals who are generally just too soft-hearted for their own good who don't follow the radical ideology of their leftist compadres and who I am happy to call friends.
05-23-2018 07:37 AM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(05-23-2018 07:30 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  And I love TN, it's an awesome state in which to live, no state income tax and scenery out the wazoo, largely conservative until you get into Memphis and Nashville. With the large population of blacks in Memphis it's no surprise it's run by democrats, I can't explain why Nashville went prog though.

^^^

all of this

We are considering moving to east TN. Its just so much nicer than the Memphis area. Wife's best friend lives between Knoxville and Johnson City and is begging us to move up there. Every time she and her husband see us they ask "how the hell can y'all stand to live down there?". Gatlinburg and the GSM close by, that area is all Republican and Memphis continues to get worse, so moving is more a possibility than it used to be. My aging parents are probably the only thing keeping us here for now.
05-23-2018 07:49 AM
BadgerMJ Offline
All American

#growingslumland

#LBJresidualeffect

Never underestimate the idiocy of Illinois Democrats.

30 years ago, Chicago (Cook County) was "D" as was Rockford. The rest of the state was "R", including the collar counties around Chicago which were STRONG "R". Soon after the limo libs realized their neighborhoods had "undesirables" (ie: the non white people they claim to care about) moving in so they left for the burbs. Soon after that, those collar counties started to change to purple and now some are even blue. That would have been fine, but they continued to vote for the same people and the same policies that led to them leaving Chicago in the first place.

They are the PERFECT example of the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing the same way and expecting different results.

The only saving grace for surrounding states (like mine) is that it's hard to move when no one wants to buy your existing home. Sure, they might want to leave, but who the hell wants to buy a house that has taxes that will bankrupt most people?
05-23-2018 08:03 AM
stinkfist Offline

(05-23-2018 08:03 AM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  

#growingslumland

#LBJresidualeffect

Never underestimate the idiocy of Illinois Democrats.

30 years ago, Chicago (Cook County) was "D" as was Rockford. The rest of the state was "R", including the collar counties around Chicago which were STRONG "R". Soon after the limo libs realized their neighborhoods had "undesirables" (ie: the non white people they claim to care about) moving in so they left for the burbs. Soon after that, those collar counties started to change to purple and now some are even blue. That would have been fine, but they continued to vote for the same people and the same policies that led to them leaving Chicago in the first place.

They are the PERFECT example of the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing the same way and expecting different results.

The only saving grace for surrounding states (like mine) is that it's hard to move when no one wants to buy your existing home. Sure, they might want to leave, but who the hell wants to buy a house that has taxes that will bankrupt most people?

you just defined the subsidized 21st century plantation owner.....they're not leaving.....neither are the 'slaves'....

you nailed it....
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2018 08:11 AM by stinkfist.)
05-23-2018 08:10 AM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
They flee the results of leftist economic policy only to vote for politicians in other states who offer more of the same. No, they don't learn from their errors.

It's like a plague that travels around the country. I wish they'd all stay where they are suffer the consequences of their own white guilt.
05-23-2018 08:25 AM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
The South sucks, California is nice.
05-23-2018 09:31 AM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
How much longer until states like Illinois start to impose an "exodus" tax on people moving from the state ?
05-23-2018 09:36 AM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom

Exactly. They’re locusts, just going from field to field, wrecking the place then moving on to destroy the next “host”.

They’re well down the road to turning the great Commonwealth of Va into McMaryland or Joisey south.

Why? Cause we’ve got pretty great schools, a good quality of life, affordable housing etc.

So, sure. Move on down here and wreck this place too... FFS.
05-23-2018 10:49 AM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Have a very good friend that has worked in Chicago for the last 30 years. He lives in Evanston, a nice suburb north of Chicago.He and his wife have done very well professionally. They are looking at moving to Florida and work there for ten years before they retire. He told me it looks like their savings in taxes will put at least another $25,000 a year in their pockets. So it is no shock to me when I read about the exodus from Illinois.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2018 11:10 AM by usmbacker.)
05-23-2018 11:02 AM
NoDak Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UND
A lot of the people leaving Illinois have gone to Wisconsin or Indiana. Those two states have gotten more conservative. The conservatives in Illinois are just fed up by Chicago’s confiscation tactics.

Liberals there tend to go the Florida or Arizona route because there already have condos there.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2018 11:23 AM by NoDak.)
05-23-2018 11:22 AM
Advertisement

NoDak Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UND
The outflow has been happening for years, but with the latest tax changes may get more pronounced.

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazi...n-Problem/

https://www.wbez.org/shows/wbez-news/mor...18602b31d3

https://newsroom.niu.edu/2015/03/30/illi...n-decline/

The last link has a map showing where Illinoisans move to.
05-23-2018 11:37 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
Some examples of Illinois living.

In 2004 my property taxes on a two bedroom, two bath condo in Aurora IL (40 miles west of Chicago) were just under $4,000 a year. I paid $202k for the condo

In 2018 my property taxes on a 5 bedroom, 3 bath single family home on one acre (20 miles west of Minneapolis) are only $4,300 a year. I paid $375k for this property.

In 2018, friends have a 4 bedroom 3 bath house in a western Chicago suburb. It's worth around $350k, which is not too much more than what they paid for it in 2002. Their property taxes are a hair under...................... $10,000.
05-23-2018 12:19 PM
BadgerMJ Offline
All American

(05-23-2018 10:49 AM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

Exactly. They’re locusts, just going from field to field, wrecking the place then moving on to destroy the next “host”.

They’re well down the road to turning the great Commonwealth of Va into McMaryland or Joisey south.

Why? Cause we’ve got pretty great schools, a good quality of life, affordable housing etc.

So, sure. Move on down here and wreck this place too... FFS.

(05-23-2018 12:19 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Some examples of Illinois living.

In 2004 my property taxes on a two bedroom, two bath condo in Aurora IL (40 miles west of Chicago) were just under $4,000 a year. I paid $202k for the condo

In 2018 my property taxes on a 5 bedroom, 3 bath single family home on one acre (20 miles west of Minneapolis) are only $4,300 a year. I paid $375k for this property.

In 2018, friends have a 4 bedroom 3 bath house in a western Chicago suburb. It's worth around $350k, which is not too much more than what they paid for it in 2002. Their property taxes are a hair under...................... $10,000.

My boss is in a similar situation. He has a home similar to your friends in a rural area northwest of Chicago. Because of the county's building moratorium, his taxes went up $1200 last year. He is now paying almost $12,000 per year just in property taxes. He'd love to move to Wisconsin, but no one in their right mind will buy that house. Illinois has him (and many others like him) by the short hairs, the state KNOWS it, and there's nothing they can do about it.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2018 12:45 PM by BadgerMJ.)
05-23-2018 12:44 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(05-23-2018 09:31 AM)shere khan Wrote:  The South sucks, California is nice.

[Image: J9d3bEq.jpg]
05-23-2018 01:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.