Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Brian Roberts went to UNC!
Bookmark and Share
Gamecock Jay Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Galactus or anyone else for that matter read the Friday USA Today? Had a article on Brian Roberts and says that he went to UNC and never mentions that he left there to come to USC. This kinda crap is killing me :bang: :bang:
06-17-2003 11:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Galactus Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Who's Brian Roberts? Sorry......I've been in the process of moving over the last few weeks so I'm just now catching up on some things? A football recruit?

If so......yeah, that's pretty typical. As great as our baseball does annually, I still say that until we are winning consistently in either football or basketball our athletic program will get very little if any respect. This is just another example.....we are not thought highly of my the national media, and I guess we haven't given them much reason over the years, eh?
06-17-2003 12:30 PM
Gamecock Jay Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

He was a All American shortstop that transfered to USC from UNC and is now playing for Baltimore and has hit 2 grand slams recently.
06-17-2003 12:34 PM
Galactus Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Oh yeaaahhhh. I should know that. I'm a Giants fan.....but the O's are my favorite American League team. I no longer have Direct TV so I can't get the Extra Innings package anymore. :frown:

That's typical, though, ain't it? Reminds you of the Monday Night Football debacle. No respect.......none at all.......

How do you think Brian Buscher will do in the Giants organization? (That question is for any of you who follow college baseball......I never see much of the Cocks baseball team unless they make Omaha....).
06-17-2003 12:40 PM
Gamecock Jay Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

It is very true. Though I think it is one of the reasons I love USC so much. We will gain the respect and it will make it so much sweeter when we do!
06-17-2003 12:46 PM
Galactus Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Exactly. In some ways, being a USC fan is like a badge of honor. When you see a USC fan.....you KNOW they're a true fan.......and carry similar scars as yourself!!
06-17-2003 12:48 PM
Advertisement

raptorcox Offline
NBA Moderator

I Root For: USC Gamecocks

Crappies

Galactus Wrote:Oh yeaaahhhh. I should know that. I'm a Giants fan.....but the O's are my favorite American League team. I no longer have Direct TV so I can't get the Extra Innings package anymore. :frown:

That's typical, though, ain't it? Reminds you of the Monday Night Football debacle. No respect.......none at all.......

How do you think Brian Buscher will do in the Giants organization? (That question is for any of you who follow college baseball......I never see much of the Cocks baseball team unless they make Omaha....).
Don't tell me you got cable, Gal
06-17-2003 12:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gamecock Jay Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Brian led the SEC in hitting so that says alot right there. He has a chance to go thru the minors pretty quickly because I think the Giants may be a little thin at 3rd in their minor league system right now though I am not 100% sure of that. He will need to develop some more pop in the homerun category but I think that will come.
06-17-2003 12:53 PM
Galactus Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

raptorcox Wrote:
Galactus Wrote:Oh yeaaahhhh. I should know that. I'm a Giants fan.....but the O's are my favorite American League team. I no longer have Direct TV so I can't get the Extra Innings package anymore. :frown:

Don't tell me you got cable, Gal
Well.....I have DIGITAL cable, which is almost as good. I just didn't want to deal with mounting a dish anymore. I haven't checked with my cable co. to see if they offer those sports packages to digital customers. Maybe they do. I'd like to get the college football package this fall if they have it.

Thanks, Jay. I think the Giants could use a third baseman.
06-17-2003 02:00 PM
raptorcox Offline
NBA Moderator

Crappies

I actually got basic cable and the dish, just wondering.
06-17-2003 02:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Galactus Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Yeah. That's exactly what I had at the old house......basic cable for the local channels, and Direct TV for everything else.

But this new location on the island is worth it. I love where I'm at now. Peace and quiet......

Actually, the toughest part is that I no longer can get the Cartoon Network, Boomerang (no more Fantastic Four), or Turner Classic Movies!! :eek:
06-17-2003 02:11 PM
Advertisement

raptorcox Offline
NBA Moderator

Crappies

Wow, is the price too high, or do they just not have a package for it?

Sorry about the tread derailment Jay 03-wink
06-17-2003 02:26 PM
Galactus Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

No......actually I currently subscribe to their largest package.......every channel they have. Adelphia just doesn't carry TCM, Cartoon Network or Boomerang on their cable network. They claim they're going to add more channels soon......I hope, I hope, I hope!
06-17-2003 02:29 PM
raptorcox Offline
NBA Moderator

Crappies

Well, I think Dish Network is finally going to add my local channels in so I will kiss cable goodbye for the last time 03-wink
06-17-2003 02:48 PM
Galactus Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

That'll be nice. That's one reason I got rid of Direct TV. I don't think there's any hope of Direct TV getting local channels in the Hilton Head area for a long, long time.......just not an important enough market for them......
06-17-2003 02:58 PM
raptorcox Offline
NBA Moderator

Crappies

I hear that. I think USC just hit a home run?
06-17-2003 03:04 PM
Advertisement

Drakeman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I can't remember how many seasons Roberts played for us (2 at the most, but maybe only 1), but I think his last on was in '98, or possibly '99.

Whatever the case, I'd hardly call this faux pas a lack of respect. Just another example of poor research by whoever wrote the article.
06-17-2003 03:19 PM
Gamecock Jay Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I have Dish Network at home in Greenville and we were gonna cancel it but then we purchased a lake home and all we had to do was buy another dish. The advantage of not having another bill will make up for the gripes I had with the service.
06-18-2003 08:24 AM
raptorcox Offline
NBA Moderator

Crappies

Dish Network is awesome, my FREE installation was first rate and fast and I would recommend it to anyone.

Compared that with cable - I got a reconnect a few months ago and they botched it - had to get a service guy out 2 weeks later to fix the mess the lazy contractors did. On top of that it was 40.00 bucks to have it installed incorrectly. :mad:
06-18-2003 08:43 AM
Galactus Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Yeah.....that sounds typical. So far I've been pleased (knock on wood) with Adelphia's digital cable. I think digital is the only way to get good cable service anymore. I know my folks in the Columbia area have TW digital cable and they're happy with it.

I might look into Dish network one of these days......or maybe go back to Direct TV.....IF I'm ever in an area that the satellite companies include local channels. I hate having a cable bill AND a satellite bill. But I really hate dealing with a dish on my property.......I also can't stand how any kind of storm shuts off the reception....

Drake,

You could be right. But maybe the lack of research is a RESULT of disrespect??? At least on a subconscious level, anyway. Sometimes I think the media gets the facts right on schools like Oklahoma or Notre Dame because they're popular and have flashier histories.......
06-18-2003 09:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.