Rating the Sun Belt Ball Parks -#8
05-14-2018 12:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EigenEagle Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
RE: Rating the Sun Belt Ball Parks -#8
The Good: Nice backdrop, it's shiny and looks nice.

The Bad: Tiny. Games get snowed out in March. It might be at an elevation of 4,444 feet.

05-stirthepot
05-14-2018 12:17 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
I love me some Boone, but that park looks small and basic. I've actually been surprised by these parks so far. I guess I just all imagined them looking like South, Troy, Louisiana and Coastal. We spend so much time talking about football, football stadiums and attendance to that sport, we don't talk about the other sports and venues.

Good series.
05-14-2018 12:23 PM
TrueBlueDrew Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
(05-14-2018 12:23 PM)Usajags Wrote:  I love me some Boone, but that park looks small and basic. I've actually been surprised by these parks so far. I guess I just all imagined them looking like South, Troy, Louisiana and Coastal. We spend so much time talking about football, football stadiums and attendance to that sport, we don't talk about the other sports and venues.

Good series.

Based on the criteria so far, I think Troy will be next followed by GS
05-14-2018 12:28 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
(05-14-2018 12:28 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  
(05-14-2018 12:23 PM)Usajags Wrote:  I love me some Boone, but that park looks small and basic. I've actually been surprised by these parks so far. I guess I just all imagined them looking like South, Troy, Louisiana and Coastal. We spend so much time talking about football, football stadiums and attendance to that sport, we don't talk about the other sports and venues.

Good series.

I doubt we are next.

Our covered practice facility, left field tailgate Area, rooftop party area above 3rd base and right field wall/sound sound system will have Troy in top 5
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2018 03:44 PM by Atlanta Trojan.)
05-14-2018 12:32 PM
_x_ Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
ULM next?
05-14-2018 12:34 PM
Advertisement

TrueBlueDrew Online
Heisman

(05-14-2018 12:32 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  

Good series.

I doubt we are next.

Didn’t mean it as a slight at Troy. I was just saying it seems like BoP is focusing on things like the press box, area around the park, and walking down into the stadium. All three of those things have been mentioned in almost every write up so far.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2018 12:38 PM by TrueBlueDrew.)
05-14-2018 12:38 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(05-14-2018 12:38 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  

Good series.

I doubt we are next.

Didn’t mean it as a slight at Troy. I was just saying it seems like BoP is focusing on things like the press box, area around the park, and walking down into the stadium. All three of those things have been mentioned in almost every write up so far.

I added to my response

ULM will probably be next due to its very dated look
05-14-2018 12:39 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

Good series.

I doubt we are next.

ULM has to be before Troy and GS.

Personally, I'd put Louisiana, CCU, USA, GS, and Troy (in no particular order) as the top 5 baseball parks. Obviously, Louisiana and CCU have the Top 2 though...
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2018 01:56 PM by CardinalBlackTrojan.)
05-14-2018 01:56 PM
EigenEagle Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
(05-14-2018 01:56 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  

Good series.

I doubt we are next.

Personally, I'd put Louisiana, CCU, USA, GS, and Troy (in no particular order) as the top 5 baseball parks. Obviously, Louisiana and CCU have the Top 2 though...

I would put Texas State's park in the second tier along with GS, Troy, and South.

ULM's Warhawk Field is by itself in the third tier. The rest go in the fourth tier.
05-14-2018 02:22 PM
TrueBlueDrew Online
Heisman

(05-14-2018 02:22 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  
(05-14-2018 01:56 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  
(05-14-2018 12:28 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  Based on the criteria so far, I think Troy will be next followed by GS

I doubt we are next.

I would put Texas State's park in the second tier along with GS, Troy, and South.

ULM's Warhawk Field is by itself in the third tier. The rest go in the fourth tier.

Excellent: ULL, Coastal, TXST
Great: South, GS, Troy
Good: ULM, App, UTA
Needs improvement: StAte, UALR, GAST
05-14-2018 02:34 PM
Advertisement

JTApps1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
(05-14-2018 12:00 PM)BirdofParadise Wrote:  Let's head to the mountains!

http://espn1420.com/rating-the-sun-belt-...irds-nest/

We really need to add a second level to the concession/bathroom/press box building to give the press and game ops their own area upstairs. This would also allow us to enlarge the concessions and restrooms downstairs. We should then build a roof off of the second level to cover the current seating section.

Another big area of improvement would be a new scoreboard with an actual video board, and the much talked about batters eye.

After that we should move the two light poles behind each dugout back, and extend seating to the ends of each dugout. It may not be needed right now, but we could have used it a few years back when we were playing better. I'd imagine we could have some decent crowds if we were playing well and hosting a ranked Sun Belt team. Weather pending of course.

So if anyone has about $2 million they need to burn we'll gladly accept it.
05-14-2018 02:40 PM
troutbummike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
We NEED to raise money to pay off the government and their chem-trail planes, making our spring weather spring-like.
05-14-2018 02:43 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(05-14-2018 02:43 PM)troutbummike Wrote:  We NEED to raise money to pay off the government and their chem-trail planes, making our spring weather spring-like.

You get spring in February like everyone else. March in the mountains is for spring skiing, we will keep those chem trails going.
05-14-2018 02:45 PM
Saint3333 Online
Hall of Famer

Old people don't like hiking, noted.

The place does have potential, much like the new coach.

I'm enjoying this series as well, thanks for putting it together.
05-14-2018 02:50 PM
troutbummike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
(05-14-2018 02:45 PM)Usajags Wrote:  
(05-14-2018 02:43 PM)troutbummike Wrote:  We NEED to raise money to pay off the government and their chem-trail planes, making our spring weather spring-like.

You get spring in February like everyone else. March in the mountains is for spring skiing, we will keep those chem trails going.

01-lauramac2
05-14-2018 04:20 PM
Advertisement

McLeansvilleAppFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian St
(05-14-2018 12:17 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  The Good: Nice backdrop, it's shiny and looks nice.

The Bad: Tiny. Games get snowed out in March. It might be at an elevation of 4,444 feet.

05-stirthepot
I did not turn on my GPS at the baseball field as I meant to the last time I was there. I am guessing 3500 or 3600 ft in elevation. Obviously higher than downtown at 3333 ft, but much less than Howard Knob at 4396 ft. I don’t have google earth on this computer or we could look it up right now.
05-14-2018 04:57 PM
CatMom Online
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
(05-14-2018 04:57 PM)McLeansvilleAppFan Wrote:  
(05-14-2018 12:17 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  The Good: Nice backdrop, it's shiny and looks nice.

05-stirthepot
I did not turn on my GPS at the baseball field as I meant to the last time I was there. I am guessing 3500 or 3600 ft in elevation. Obviously higher than downtown at 3333 ft, but much less than Howard Knob at 4396 ft. I don’t have google earth on this computer or we could look it up right now.

My Google Earth proclaims 4392
05-14-2018 05:12 PM
APPdiesel Offline
All American

Rating the Sun Belt Ball Parks -#8
App's ball park is very basic. The author's criticism about it being up the hill and a long way from campus.....yeahh. There's not a lot that can be done about that when flat ground is at such a premium. But it is a very basic stadium. What's there is nice but there isn't much there...very indicative of the investment the school is willing to make for baseball..."some". Miss the old ball park right next to the football stadium but we needed the indoor facility more.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
05-14-2018 05:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AppfanInCAAland Offline
1st String

(05-14-2018 05:29 PM)APPdiesel Wrote:  App's ball park is very basic. The author's criticism about it being up the hill and a long way from campus.....yeahh. There's not a lot that can be done about that when flat ground is at such a premium. But it is a very basic stadium. What's there is nice but there isn't much there...very indicative of the investment the school is willing to make for baseball..."some". Miss the old ball park right next to the football stadium but we needed the indoor facility more.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LOL at the "old" ball park next to the football stadium. What I think of as the old ballpark was plowed over to build the convocation center and reroute River St. That field flooded all the time. They built the "new" baseball stadium while I was at App up behind the football stadium. The old "new" ballpark was a nice place to watch a game even though they had to bulldoze the lacrosse field. I quite playing club lacrosse junior year because they moved our field from behind the stadium out to the state farm lot and i didnt want to go all the way out there for practice.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2018 08:37 PM by AppfanInCAAland.)
05-14-2018 08:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.