Former 5star QB Blake Barnett to Grad Transfer to USF
05-08-2018 07:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
RE: Former 5star QB Blake Barnett to Grad Transfer to USF
Always good news when a program lands a 5* recruit but why transfer when things don't go their way... Could this be a personality issue, I wonder.
05-08-2018 08:23 PM
Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF and the AAC!
Well now, things getting interesting at QB! He either has 5 star skills still and will do very well at USF, or he is another Woulard and a bust... Sure wish he had been in camp for the Spring that would have helped him...
05-08-2018 08:23 PM
Bull Offline
Heisman

(05-08-2018 08:23 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  Always good news when a program lands a 5* recruit but why transfer when things don't go their way... Could this be a personality issue, I wonder.

From what I have read, he has a wife and kid now, and is ready to 'get serious'. I hope that's true... gotta grow up sometime.
05-08-2018 08:24 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
He was good enough to briefly be Alabama’s starting QB, before being replaced by Hurts. But I wonder why he got such a quick hook there.
05-08-2018 08:41 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

Barnett vs USC. Started rough but finished pretty good. A couple of really great throws.
05-08-2018 09:59 PM
Advertisement

JHS55 Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
Another retread for an AAC team...
05-09-2018 07:31 AM
Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
he sucks, won't crack the 2 deep at USF. But can't hurt to have him running the scout team. Alabama doesn't win because they have good QBs they win because they have great RBs, and incredible defense.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2018 08:10 AM by Knights_of_UCF.)
05-09-2018 08:09 AM
pesik Offline
Legend

(05-09-2018 08:09 AM)Knights_of_UCF Wrote:  he sucks, won't crack the 2 deep at USF. But can't hurt to have him running the scout team. Alabama doesn't win because they have good QBs they win because they have great RBs, and incredible defense.

how do you know he sucks??? he has barely played any games and both teams he played for were STACKED at qb...

literally ASU just lost 2 former elite qbs (the other to memphis) and they still have 3 other 4stars still on roster

the qb competition at bama & asu isn't the same at usf..
he could suck but he could also be great ..no way you can tell with him yet
05-09-2018 08:51 AM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

Yeah, he might suck, we just don't know if he does or not. But he was good enough to 1) briefly be Alabama's starting QB and 2) be a 5 star recruit. So someone saw something in him at sometime.

I put it at 50/50 if he wins starting job at USF. I am pretty sold on Kean and Oladokun as QB's. He'll have to earn it. He is a big strong kid and fits the mold of what OC Sterlin Gilbert is looking for.
05-09-2018 08:59 AM
Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

(05-09-2018 08:51 AM)pesik Wrote:  
(05-09-2018 08:09 AM)Knights_of_UCF Wrote:  he sucks, won't crack the 2 deep at USF. But can't hurt to have him running the scout team. Alabama doesn't win because they have good QBs they win because they have great RBs, and incredible defense.

how do you know he sucks??? he has barely played any games and both teams he played for were STACKED at qb...

literally ASU just lost 2 former elite qbs (the other to memphis) and they still have 3 other 4stars still on roster

he sucked at bama who isn't known for producing QBs. Didn't sniff the field at ASU. Theres a reason why he transferred twice.
05-09-2018 09:34 AM
Advertisement

Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

(05-09-2018 08:59 AM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  Yeah, he might suck, we just don't know if he does or not. But he was good enough to 1) briefly be Alabama's starting QB and 2) be a 5 star recruit. So someone saw something in him at sometime.

I put it at 50/50 if he wins starting job at USF. I am pretty sold on Kean and Oladokun as QB's. He'll have to earn it. He is a big strong kid and fits the mold of what OC Sterlin Gilbert is looking for.

50/50?? man you must have zero hope for USF current roster of QBs for a guy to walk in the summer and win the job from guys who have already been in the system. If this is the case I fear 7-5 may be the best USF could do this year.
05-09-2018 09:35 AM
pesik Offline
Legend

(05-09-2018 09:34 AM)Knights_of_UCF Wrote:  

he sucked at bama who isn't known for producing QBs. Didn't sniff the field at ASU. Theres a reason why he transferred twice.

Sucked at bama is a strong word when he was 3-0 in games he played in.. and he was also a true freshman

And asu is the same thing for the Memphis transfer ... asu had a 2 year incumbent starting qb who was also a 4star (manny wilkin) before white or Barnett stepped on campus

And for what it’s worth Memphis fans here think Brady white will start at Memphis .. Memphis is projected to be one of the best offenses in the league
Barnett was #2 on the depth chart at ASU over white
05-09-2018 09:40 AM
Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

(05-09-2018 09:40 AM)pesik Wrote:  

Sucked at bama is a strong word when he was 3-0 in games he played in.. and he was also a true freshman

And asu is the same thing for the Memphis transfer ... asu had a 2 year incumbent starting qb who was also a 4star (manny wilkin) before white or Barnett stepped on campus

And for what it’s worth Memphis fans here think Brady white will start at Memphis .. Memphis is projected to be one of the best offenses in the league

just stop talking about his time at bama. Anyone who watches bama at all under saban knows he doesn't allow his QBs to do anything and relies on running the ball and defense to win.

He was 3-0 at bama but you left out it was against USC, WKU, and Kent and he had a per game average of a whopping 3 for 6 for 73 yards.

He sucks and i'd be very surprised if he played for USF outside of mopup duty. I'd take him for sure, good to have extra arms in practice.
05-09-2018 09:54 AM
pesik Offline
Legend

(05-09-2018 09:54 AM)Knights_of_UCF Wrote:  

just stop talking about his time at bama. Anyone who watches bama at all under saban knows he doesn't allow his QBs to do anything and relies on running the ball and defense to win.

He was 3-0 at bama but you left out it was against USC, WKU, and Kent and he had a per game average of a whopping 3 for 6 for 73 yards.

He sucks and i'd be very surprised if he played for USF outside of mopup duty. I'd take him for sure, good to have extra arms in practice.

he was a freshmen and that was bama ..who lets freshmen throw the ball all over the field their first few games...

and your post contradicts itself..you know bamadoesnt let any qb thro the ball all over the field, but yet you are sing him not throwing all over the field as a reason he sucks

you are also using the fact he didnt play as the reason he sucked..which is illogical as that means you havent seen him play

ps i have a question did you watch the 2014 elite 11? its an hour if you have time to kill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXtMjcAUAYE
josh rosen and ricky towns came in as overwhelming favorites.....Barnett left as the by far MVP winner from the evaluations and his team also ended up winning the tournament too

again you are saying he sucks for being the 2nd sting at asu (when the guy who beat him was starting for 2 years before he ever came to asu), what does that make of memphis' projected starting qb if he was the 3rd string???

again im not saying he is forsure good...im just saying its premature and incorrect to say he is for sure bad
05-09-2018 10:14 AM
STL_Wave Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulane
The fact that USF can get a former 5star QB who actually played for Bama....and he might end up a third string..P6!

Seriously how many g5 teams could do that? Or even p5 outside the top 30?
05-09-2018 10:20 AM
Advertisement

Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

(05-09-2018 10:14 AM)pesik Wrote:  
(05-09-2018 09:54 AM)Knights_of_UCF Wrote:  
(05-09-2018 08:51 AM)pesik Wrote:  how do you know he sucks??? he has barely played any games and both teams he played for were STACKED at qb...

he was a freshmen and that was bama ..who lets freshmen throw the ball all over the field their first few games...

and your post contradicts itself..you know bamadoesnt let any qb thro the ball all over the field, but yet you are sing him not throwing all over the field as a reason he sucks

you are also using the fact he didnt play as the reason he sucked..which is illogical as that means you havent seen him play

ps i have a question did you watch the 2014 elite 11? its an hour if you have time to kill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXtMjcAUAYE
josh rosen and ricky towns came in as overwhelming favorites.....Barnett left as the by far MVP winner from the evaluations and his team also ended up winning the tournament too

again you are saying he sucks for being the 2nd sting at asu (when the guy who beat him was starting for 2 years before he ever came to asu), what does that make of memphis' projected starting qb if he was the 3rd string???

again im not saying he is forsure good...im just saying its premature and incorrect to say he is for sure bad

Im not one of the ones singing White's praises but he probably was behind barnett due to his injury in 2016. Either way both were backups who played almost no minutes so their apparent ranking on the depth chart is irrelevant. If Barnett was any good wouldn't Norvell have wanted him instead of White, seeing as Norvell and most of his assistants are former ASU coaches?

Sure you're right Barnett could be good. Much better chance he sucks based on transferring twice and getting zero PT at any of his prior stops.
05-09-2018 10:23 AM
tigerjamesc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: more wins
I’d be stoked if I were a USF fan or he was coming to Memphis ...the naysayers here would be too if it were their team. Congrats USF
05-09-2018 10:58 AM
Def Berkkat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
This guy is walking into a trap. He obviously doesn't realize that this conference has the REAL reigning national champions.

He should've stayed in that wimpy SEC.
05-09-2018 12:17 PM
Bull Offline
Heisman

I am not bothered at all by the fact that he transferred twice. These upper level P5 schools get too many elite QB prospects all assuming they will be 'the guy' to win the job. Why should a great QB ride the pine for four years just because an even better QB is starting and the coach wants depth?

We have no idea how good this guy is, or isn't, until the fall. But, there is absolutely no downside to adding a former 5 star QB. None. If he lights it up, great... if not (and BK or CO beats him out), we get a quality backup.

I think it's likely this guy can still play, and realizes now that he needs to get into a situation where he can play and win. Would have been better to win the job at either UA or ASU, but if there was someone even better, so be it... If he wins at USF, obviously we are a good enough conference that he can think NFL is possible...

And with a wife and kid, I bet the dude is ready to be serious.
05-09-2018 01:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.