Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NYT Editorial Board To Justice Kennedy: ‘Please Don’t Go’
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
[Image: 2vci1ol.jpg]

The smell of fear is all over this.

Quote:The New York Times Editorial Board is asking 81-year-old Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy not to leave the court amid rumors of his impending retirement.

In a open letter editorial published Saturday that took up the larger part of a page, the editorial board requests plainly: “Please don’t go.”

As the frequent tie-breaking decision of the court, Kennedy is “the most powerful member of the most powerful court in the country, as (he has) been for at least a decade,” the Times board remarks.

The editorial board says that Kennedy has sent “mixed signals” about his potential retirement, “but that hasn’t stopped Republicans in Congress from referring to your departure as a done deal.”

“They smell blood — if they can install another rock-ribbed conservative like (Supreme Court Justice) Neil Gorsuch, the court will have a locked-in right-wing majority for the rest of most of our lifetimes. They won’t even have to steal a seat to do it,” the editorial continues.

Keep reading here....
04-29-2018 11:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
RE: NYT Editorial Board To Justice Kennedy: ‘Please Don’t Go’
(04-29-2018 11:45 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  [Image: 2vci1ol.jpg]

Quote:The New York Times Editorial Board is asking 81-year-old Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy not to leave the court amid rumors of his impending retirement.

In a open letter editorial published Saturday that took up the larger part of a page, the editorial board requests plainly: “Please don’t go.”

As the frequent tie-breaking decision of the court, Kennedy is “the most powerful member of the most powerful court in the country, as (he has) been for at least a decade,” the Times board remarks.

The editorial board says that Kennedy has sent “mixed signals” about his potential retirement, “but that hasn’t stopped Republicans in Congress from referring to your departure as a done deal.”

“They smell blood — if they can install another rock-ribbed conservative like (Supreme Court Justice) Neil Gorsuch, the court will have a locked-in right-wing majority for the rest of most of our lifetimes. They won’t even have to steal a seat to do it,” the editorial continues.

Keep reading here....
The old stolen seat. It was Biden who introduced the whole "lame duck president can't appoint SC Justices" rule.
04-30-2018 07:14 AM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(04-30-2018 07:14 AM)gdunn Wrote:  
(04-29-2018 11:45 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  [Image: 2vci1ol.jpg]

Keep reading here....
The old stolen seat. It was Biden who introduced the whole "lame duck president can't appoint SC Justices" rule.

That's what makes the Justice Gorsuch appointment even better. Hopefully Kennedy retires and RBG croaks so that Trump can appoint 2 more staunch conservatives on there and get this country's sanity back.
04-30-2018 07:36 AM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
Laughable that the NYT thinks it speaks for the majority of Americans.
04-30-2018 08:06 AM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
With 7 more years to go, Trump will surely get two more in. Ginsburg already looks and smells like she's dead.
04-30-2018 08:08 AM
BadgerMJ Offline
All American

I Root For: Wisconsin / ND
(04-30-2018 08:08 AM)TechRocks Wrote:  With 7 more years to go, Trump will surely get two more in. Ginsburg already looks and smells like she's dead.

If there was EVER a reason for mandatory retirement, it's Crypt Keeper Ginsburg.

She's 85, been on the bench for 25 years.

"Lifetime" appointment shouldn't mean being on the bench until the day you croak.

Fresh minds and differing ideas isn't a bad thing.
04-30-2018 08:24 AM
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
Who the hell wants to work till they are 85?
04-30-2018 08:44 AM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

(04-30-2018 08:44 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Who the hell wants to work till they are 85?

I quit at 47, seriously.
04-30-2018 08:51 AM
Fort Bend Owl Online
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
This should be the #1 reason why people go to the polling spots to vote in November. Our only hope to save Roe vs Wade is to control the Senate. My hope is if Kennedy does retire, it's very close to November. His retirement should spur record turnout numbers in November.

Ginsberg isn't retiring under Trump. I've already said here numerous times her stubbornness to not retire several years ago is one of the biggest regrets I have of the Obama Administration. She'll be like Thurgood Marshall, who supposedly told his clerks that if he died during the Reagan administration, they should prop him up and keep voting. His health just couldn't stand up anymore and he had to retire before HW Bush was done, so his legacy was passed onto Clarence Thomas.
04-30-2018 09:03 AM
Fort Bend Owl Online
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
(04-30-2018 08:44 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Who the hell wants to work till they are 85?

This is a big issue among Rice athletic fans right now. Our legendary baseball coach Wayne Graham is 82 and still going. His health isn't bad (outside of terrible posture); he's always been a workout fiend and probably is in better health than many people half his age. But after almost three decades of amazing success, his teams the last few years have begun to really drop off in talent, and recently he was told his contract wouldn't be renewed and this is his final year as head coach.

Supposedly he isn't retiring. He is going to try to become a pitching coach for someone next year. Connie Mack managed Philadelphia until he was 87 but supposedly his final years, he basically slept in the dugout during the games and couldn't remember his players' names anymore.
04-30-2018 09:08 AM
BadgerMJ Offline
All American

I Root For: Wisconsin / ND
(04-30-2018 09:08 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  

This is a big issue among Rice athletic fans right now. Our legendary baseball coach Wayne Graham is 82 and still going. His health isn't bad (outside of terrible posture); he's always been a workout fiend and probably is in better health than many people half his age. But after almost three decades of amazing success, his teams the last few years have begun to really drop off in talent, and recently he was told his contract wouldn't be renewed and this is his final year as head coach.

Supposedly he isn't retiring. He is going to try to become a pitching coach for someone next year. Connie Mack managed Philadelphia until he was 87 but supposedly his final years, he basically slept in the dugout during the games and couldn't remember his players' names anymore.

I think the fans at Kansas State feel your pain.

Snyder is 78 and still going.

I believe the phrase I read was "holding the program hostage".
04-30-2018 09:13 AM
Advertisement

TechRocks Offline
Heisman

(04-30-2018 09:03 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  This should be the #1 reason why people go to the polling spots to vote in November. Our only hope to save Roe vs Wade is to control the Senate.

Abortion access is an issue that should be decided by the states.
04-30-2018 09:47 AM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(04-30-2018 09:47 AM)TechRocks Wrote:  
(04-30-2018 09:03 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  This should be the #1 reason why people go to the polling spots to vote in November. Our only hope to save Roe vs Wade is to control the Senate.

XACLY!

that's their ol' buddy they always go to in a pinch.....it's transparently pathetic....they can't help themselves....
04-30-2018 09:51 AM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

Isn't it funny how liberals see no problem with abortion & gay marriage being legal nationwide, but want gun carry & immigration laws enacted and enforced state by state???
04-30-2018 10:31 AM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

Murdering the unborn is the #1 issue for libs. All you need to know about them.
04-30-2018 11:09 AM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

(04-30-2018 09:08 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  

I plan to die at 100, killed at the hands of a jealous lover.
04-30-2018 11:26 AM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

So, the left doesnt want Kennedy to go so that they can keep on killing babies?
04-30-2018 11:28 AM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-30-2018 11:28 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  So, the left doesnt want Kennedy to go so that they can keep on killing babies?

How sick is that? Got to murder babies to be happy.
04-30-2018 11:38 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(04-30-2018 11:38 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  
(04-30-2018 11:28 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  So, the left doesnt want Kennedy to go so that they can keep on killing babies?

How sick is that? Got to murder babies to be happy.

After a weekend of having their war on women at the WHCD, liberals are back to waging war on babies.

#sad
04-30-2018 11:51 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom

Pretty much sums it up.

Some of these lunatics would take us full Venezuela if it meant protecting abortion “rights”.
04-30-2018 02:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.