SBNation - Houston: Perpetually in win-now mode
04-25-2018 09:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
RE: SBNation - Houston: Perpetually in win-now mode
so he says his computer have houston going 9-3 next year, and all 3 losses being toss ups....but his computers dont incorporate changes to OC..and docked houston offensive points for losing our top 4 receivers, stating that technically our backup WR were more explosive (i told you guys before all 3 starting WR for houston last year ran a 4.76, they just had good hands)

this is pure homer talk by me, so you can ignore this part if you want..but as is i think houston goes undefeated in the regular season*...(*if the top 50 recruit we got from ole miss is granted a waiver by the ncaa)
and thats with houstons few blind spots
-no depth at WR
- cb unit is passable- not good (elite safety unit covers for them)

and note i said "As is" it is already confirmed houston intends to bring 3-4 more grad transfers into the program..i know 3 grad transfers are on a houston lean in deciding.. and 3 others have us atleast in consideration...if we land a few (especially the ones i hope we land)
i dont think most of our games will be close

would be really interesting if houston and ucf both went undefeated and met in the conference championships
04-25-2018 10:41 AM
Attackcoog Online

(04-25-2018 10:41 AM)pesik Wrote:  so he says his computer have houston going 9-3 next year, and all 3 losses being toss ups....but his computers dont incorporate changes to OC..and docked houston offensive points for losing our top 4 receivers, stating that technically our backup WR were more explosive (i told you guys before all 3 starting WR for houston last year ran a 4.76, they just had good hands)

this is pure homer talk by me, so you can ignore this part if you want..but as is i think houston goes undefeated in the regular season*...(*if the top 50 recruit we got from ole miss is granted a waiver by the ncaa)
and thats with houstons few blind spots
-no depth at WR
- cb unit is passable- not good (elite safety unit covers for them)

and note i said "As is" it is already confirmed houston intends to bring 3-4 more grad transfers into the program..i know 3 grad transfers are on a houston lean in deciding.. and 3 others have us atleast in consideration...if we land a few (especially the ones i hope we land)
i dont think most of our games will be close

would be really interesting if houston and ucf both went undefeated and met in the conference championships

To be fair, he pretty much says exactly that. He says if the offense out performs its base projections (which he thinks there is a good chance of that happening with K Briles coming on board) the team could easily have a big 10-11 win season.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2018 10:54 AM by Attackcoog.)
04-25-2018 10:54 AM
slhNavy91 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Navy
I was hoping he would use the magic word to trigger you Coog fans...but...no such luck
04-25-2018 11:04 AM
JHS55 Offline
All American

Sounds pretty good to me, if Anderson gets the ok I’ll feel even more up beat
04-25-2018 11:07 AM
Joprior23 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UH
(04-25-2018 11:07 AM)JHS55 Wrote:  Sounds pretty good to me, if Anderson gets the ok I’ll feel even more up beat

We lose Bonner and Dunbar, but the guys we have returning have way more upside. Our receiving core had offers from Arizona, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Kansas State, Kentucky, Maryland, Miami, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas Tech, UCLA, Utah, Washington State, Wisconsin, among others. We’re also heavily in the mix for Raelon Singleton, a grad transfer that played at Utah. He had 36 catches for 500+ yards and four touchdowns last season. Our WR core should be a lot better next season with Briles running the offense.

And at RB, Mulbah Car showed some flashes last season. He ran all over USF in Tampa last season. But he won’t be our starter. We’re bringing in Terence Williams, grad transfer from Baylor, who has already been highly successful in the Briles’ offense. He ran for over 1,000 yards in ‘16.

Our offense has the potential to be scary this season with Briles at the helm. We also upgraded big time at the OL coach position by bringing in Clements. We could definitely go undefeated this season, but we could also lose some head scratchers. This is a make or break season for Applewhite.
04-25-2018 11:23 AM
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

(04-25-2018 11:23 AM)Joprior23 Wrote:  
(04-25-2018 11:07 AM)JHS55 Wrote:  Sounds pretty good to me, if Anderson gets the ok I’ll feel even more up beat

We lose Bonner and Dunbar, but the guys we have returning have way more upside. Our receiving core had offers from Arizona, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Kansas State, Kentucky, Maryland, Miami, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas Tech, UCLA, Utah, Washington State, Wisconsin, among others. We’re also heavily in the mix for Raelon Singleton, a grad transfer that played at Utah. He had 36 catches for 500+ yards and four touchdowns last season. Our WR core should be a lot better next season with Briles running the offense.

And at RB, Mulbah Car showed some flashes last season. He ran all over USF in Tampa last season. But he won’t be our starter. We’re bringing in Terence Williams, grad transfer from Baylor, who has already been highly successful in the Briles’ offense. He ran for over 1,000 yards in ‘16.

Our offense has the potential to be scary this season with Briles at the helm. We also upgraded big time at the OL coach position by bringing in Clements. We could definitely go undefeated this season, but we could also lose some head scratchers. This is a make or break season for Applewhite.

Terence Williams isnt a lock -____- he hasnt even publicly announced he is transferring ..there are rumors he asked for a release, and rumors he is leaning towards houston, but none of that is even confirmed yet..

lets not count our chickens before they hatch lol
04-25-2018 11:34 AM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
If Houston can beat Arizona and TT, then the only major games left are at Memphis and Navy.

Undefeated heading into the CCG ? It's possible.
04-25-2018 11:49 AM
JHS55 Offline
All American

If UCF and Houston are both undefeated going into the CCG then I would think the ratings would be huge!
Would just be really great for our conference
Just think, both teams might be rated somewhere near top ten, AP...
04-25-2018 11:55 AM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
(04-25-2018 11:55 AM)JHS55 Wrote:  If UCF and Houston are both undefeated going into the CCG then I would think the ratings would be huge!

Ucf won't go undefeated this year. I have to be honest. They are due for an L. I predict 9-3 for them.

Regardless, if Houston goes 14-0 then they are MY national champions, regardless of whatever SEC team is shoehorned in by ESPN.
04-25-2018 12:18 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(04-25-2018 12:18 PM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  
(04-25-2018 11:55 AM)JHS55 Wrote:  If UCF and Houston are both undefeated going into the CCG then I would think the ratings would be huge!

Ucf won't go undefeated this year. I have to be honest. They are due for an L. I predict 9-3 for them.

Regardless, if Houston goes 14-0 then they are MY national champions, regardless of whatever SEC team is shoehorned in by ESPN.

your qb disagrees ... he essentially said we are going undefeated in his presser last week...

he said he called undefeated last spring, he is making that same statement now, and said if you doubt bring your 11 an we'll bring ours and we'll prove it
04-25-2018 12:23 PM
Advertisement

cscottl1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Saying there is a 0% chance of that would be overly harsh, but the probability of that happening I would imagine is super low.
04-25-2018 12:28 PM
JHS55 Offline
All American

I can’t see Houston going undefeated to be honest
But if two aac teams did go undefeated and played in the CCG it would be HUGE for our conference, not to mention causing havoc for the powers to be
04-25-2018 01:26 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
I predict 8-4/7-5, but it's interesting seeing non-Coogs not outright laugh at the undefeated predictions. I guess my homer days are behind me.
04-25-2018 01:49 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

not sure why the negative nancys

we arguably had the best defense in the league last year & our defense is projected to be better...carter returns from injury, both backup cb return from injury, we add 3 top 150 recruits to the defense (*crosses finger ncaa gives waiver)

literally in the sbnation article it says houston is projected 9-3 and that is with its computer thinking Houston's offense gets way worse (Something he says is extremely unlikely)..and that is also without the grad transfers we are hoping to land

now lets add the fact, that we just added an OC who's last 3 offense finished top 10 in the nation, and he did it at FAU and fau didnt even have a QB..or the fact that our offense complete dominated in the spring (without the freshman, or potential transfers)

there are only 4 games on our schedule you could argue we lose..kronke you are going to have to explain 7-5

i see 8-4 as the absolute worst.....7-5 means we lose our 4 tossup games and the get upset on top of that
04-25-2018 02:28 PM
8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I Root For: ECU

Given the stink that UCF has made (and rightly so) I wonder if UH would be given serious Playoff consideration if they went undefeated.
04-25-2018 02:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

slhNavy91 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Navy
(04-25-2018 02:28 PM)pesik Wrote:  not sure why the negative nancys

we arguably had the best defense in the league last year & our defense is projected to be better...carter returns from injury, both backup cb return from injury, we add 3 top 150 recruits to the defense (*crosses finger ncaa gives waiver)

literally in the sbnation article it says houston is projected 9-3 and that is with its computer thinking Houston's offense gets way worse (Something he says is extremely unlikely)..and that is also without the grad transfers we are hoping to land

now lets add the fact, that we just added an OC who's last 3 offense finished top 10 in the nation, and he did it at FAU and fau didnt even have a QB..or the fact that our offense complete dominated in the spring (without the freshman, or potential transfers)

there are only 4 games on our schedule you could argue we lose..kronke you are going to have to explain 7-5

i see 8-4 as the absolute worst.....7-5 means we lose our 4 tossup games and the get upset on top of that

Connelly's numbers seem to show 6 tossups (generously making your 38% chance to win vs Memphis a tossup). If you're saying that it is impossible to argue Houston loses at Navy (the 57% chance to win out of those six, a projected 2.9 point margin of victory)...well, 2016 just called - the Brigade of Midshipmen would like to storm the field to have a word with you.
04-25-2018 02:46 PM
otown Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida
(04-25-2018 02:42 PM)8BitPirate Wrote:  

Given the stink that UCF has made (and rightly so) I wonder if UH would be given serious Playoff consideration if they went undefeated.

Probably not.... but would be ranked around 6 or 7. If UCF went undefeated, they would have a chance because they would be riding a 27 game win streak....... but doubtful they are undefeated.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2018 02:59 PM by otown.)
04-25-2018 02:59 PM
coogrfan Offline
All American

(04-25-2018 11:49 AM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  If Houston can beat Arizona and TT, then the only major games left are at Memphis and Navy.

Dude...we lost to Tulsa and Tulane. CCG talk is a bit premature.
04-25-2018 03:00 PM
JHS55 Offline
All American

Well if history means anything, UCF will go 0-14 this year
04-25-2018 03:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.