Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Report details actions Broward's Cowards at Parkand shooting
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Report details actions Broward's Cowards at Parkand shooting
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/co...90164.html

Quote:Broward Sheriff's Office deputies were taking cover behind cars and a tree as they responded to the worst school shooting in Florida history — even though one deputy said he knew where the shooter was, according to an officer report released Tuesday by the Coral Springs Police Department.

"I was advised by an unknown BSO Deputy taking cover behind a tree, 'he is on the third floor,' " wrote Coral Springs officer Bryan Wilkins in a report recounting his arrival at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Feb. 14 and his subsequent actions to find the shooter and save lives.

Another Coral Springs cop who arrived at Stoneman Douglas within minutes of the shooting, Sgt. Nick Mazzei, confirmed that he saw BSO deputies "taking positions" outside the school and rushed past them, according to a report he filed that was also released Tuesday.

Although the BSO deputies arrived before Coral Springs police, they didn't immediately attempt to track down shooter Nikolas Cruz or aid the wounded, according to the reports. Law enforcement officers around the county are trained to find and confront active shooters without delay.

Quote:Wilkins wrote that he arrived at Stoneman Douglas within two minutes of learning it was being shot up. BSO was already there.

"I saw approximately four Broward County Sheriff's Office vehicles parked [on the road outside the school] ... with their personnel taking up exterior positions behind their vehicles," Wilkins wrote in the report. "I drove up just west of the campus building 1200, exited my vehicle, grabbed my AR-15 rifle and donned on my tactical/medical gear."

That's when he encountered the BSO deputy behind the tree who said he knew where Cruz was.

Wilkins says he and Coral Springs Detective Gil Monzon, along with an "unknown BSO Deputy," then approached the freshman building where Cruz killed 17 people. They could see bullet holes in the windows and doors.

When Wilkins and Monzon entered, they found the dead and wounded. Cruz had already fled about five minutes before the officers went in, according to a timeline of the shooting released by BSO last month.

Quote:One Margate police officer who also responded to Stoneman Douglas wrote that when he arrived, a BSO deputy told him, "Standby SWAT is on the way," according to a report released by the Margate Police Department last week.

"I informed the deputy that I was a SRT/SWAT operator and there was no time to wait," Margate officer Chad Ryen wrote. "Based on my training and experience, I made the determination to make entry into the school.

Quote:Inside Building 12, Coral Springs officers who entered soon after were getting bad information on Cruz's location, another report released Tuesday shows.

Sgt. Scott Myers said that Coral Springs dispatch told him Cruz was still inside the building as he made his way to the second floor of Building 12.

"Dispatch advised that they were watching the shooter via cctv," Myers wrote. "We were advised over the radio that the shooter was preparing to exit the east stairwell on the second floor ... We prepared to engage the shooter on the second floor."

But the school security footage was on a roughly 20-minute tape delay, unbeknownst to Myers and his team of cops. That meant Cruz, who would be arrested an hour later off campus, was already gone. The miscommunication meant some officers were searching for Cruz in the wrong place.

"Our team transitioned to a rescue team and we evacuated every classroom on the second floor," Myers stated.
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2018 02:03 PM by Kaplony.)
04-24-2018 02:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Report details actions Broward's Cowards at Parkand shooting
Good grief, so not only were the deputies hiding behind their perimeter, and knew the shooter was on the third floor, their perimeter was so bad that the guy walks out and right through their perimeter without them knowing about it?
04-24-2018 02:10 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(04-24-2018 02:10 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Good grief, so not only were the deputies hiding behind their perimeter, and knew the shooter was on the third floor, their perimeter was so bad that the guy walks out and right through their perimeter without them knowing about it?

Trust the government to protect you, Citizen.
04-24-2018 02:15 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(04-24-2018 02:10 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Good grief, so not only were the deputies hiding behind their perimeter, and knew the shooter was on the third floor, their perimeter was so bad that the guy walks out and right through their perimeter without them knowing about it?

I pointed out in another thread after looking at the Google maps view of the building in question it wasn't a hard building to put a secure perimeter around the building in question. Yet they screwed that up too.
04-24-2018 02:24 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(04-24-2018 02:24 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  

I pointed out in another thread after looking at the Google maps view of the building in question it wasn't a hard building to put a secure perimeter around the building in question. Yet they screwed that up too.

But according to the left the problem with all these shootings is nothing more than the domestic terrorist organization NRA and their armed militant supporters.
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2018 02:27 PM by Lord Stanley.)
04-24-2018 02:25 PM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
Their behavior was nothing short of shameful.
04-24-2018 02:26 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Broward County Sheriff Israel and James Comey are two peas in a pod. Both with overblown egos who in reality are terrible law enforcefment leaders. As Comey is despised by rank and file FBI agents, Israel is facing a no-confidence vote by Broward County deputies this week.

No-Confidence Vote
04-24-2018 02:28 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(04-24-2018 02:15 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  

Too bad the Waffle House Hero guy or someone like him wasnt available. These poor kids were left to their demise by Sheriff Israel and the local cucks.
04-24-2018 02:38 PM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
(04-24-2018 02:15 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  

And THAT is why we have the 2nd Amendment.
04-24-2018 02:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.