Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Random thoughts at 2 in the morning...
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
Random thoughts at 2 in the morning...
Why is St. Louis not pronounced "Sant Lew-EEE" or at least "Saint Lew-EEE?"
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2018 01:44 AM by C2__.)
04-22-2018 01:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: Random thoughts at 2 in the morning...
03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

I lived my first nine years there......that was our affectionate slang pronunciation.....I used it even more once we moved to the 'sip just to fk with the local folk.....

you've been hittin' the peace pipe too, eh? maybe a few whiskeys???
04-22-2018 01:49 AM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
Why is California not pronounced "Communist craphole full of dirty hippies" ?
04-22-2018 01:52 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(04-22-2018 01:52 AM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  Why is California not pronounced "Communist craphole full of dirty hippies" ?

all they had to do was continue to acquire the northern portion of Mexico when they had the chance.....

but naw.....they screwed that one up big time after the Tejas revolution.....

today is the result of that miscalculation and why "the wall" .....
04-22-2018 02:23 AM
Advertisement

thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

(04-22-2018 02:23 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(04-22-2018 01:52 AM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  Why is California not pronounced "Communist craphole full of dirty hippies" ?

all they had to do was continue to acquire the northern portion of Mexico when they had the chance.....

but naw.....they screwed that one up big time after the Tejas revolution.....

today is the result of that miscalculation and why "the wall" .....

When I was a child, I thought of Bob Hope, Johnny Carson, Palm Trees, the Beach Boys, The Rose Bowl game, The Showtime Lakers, and Three's Company when it came to California.

Now ? Looks like Bartertown. With the lawlessness to match.
04-22-2018 02:25 AM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
I was out cruising a few hours ago on a back road in a pretty rural area and after a big curve came up on a crew cab (think it was a chevy?) that was flipped upside down in a 5-6 ft deep ditch with windows busted out and everything in the cab slung all over the road around it. The cab was partially crushed.

It was dark and I couldn't see in the cab, so I jumped out fearing a gruesome scene. The truck was also making some muffled sounds that I thought was a person moving around at first. No one was inside through and no one in sight. No blood either.

Not sure what the whole story was, but it looked really horrific like someone might have been killed or crushed when I got out. Thankfully there was no sign of anyone and no sign of serious injury. I circled the area to make sure there was no one staggering around for help, but saw no one.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2018 07:27 AM by ericsrevenge76.)
04-22-2018 03:15 AM
Fort Bend Owl Online
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Nothing good can come from visiting a Waffle House at 3:15 in the morning.
04-22-2018 07:06 AM
Advertisement

thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

(04-22-2018 07:06 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Nothing good can come from visiting a Waffle House at 3:15 in the morning.

04-22-2018 07:12 AM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
(04-22-2018 07:06 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Nothing good can come from visiting a Waffle House at 3:15 in the morning.

Hilarious story about Randy "Macho Man" Savage getting in a knife fight with the late night Waffle house cook and getting bit by a police dog on arse.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2018 07:27 AM by ericsrevenge76.)
04-22-2018 07:23 AM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
(04-22-2018 03:15 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  I was out cruising a few hours ago on a back road in a pretty rural area and after a big curve came up on a crew cab (think it was a chevy?) that was flipped upside down in a 5-6 ft deep ditch with windows busted out and everything in the cab slung all over the road around it. The cab was partially crushed.

It was dark and I couldn't see in the cab, so I jumped out fearing a gruesome scene. The truck was also making some muffled sounds that I thought was a person moving around at first. No one was inside through and no one in sight. No blood either.

Not sure what the whole story was, but it looked really horrific like someone might have been killed or crushed when I got out. Thankfully there was no sign of anyone and no sign of serious injury. I circled the area to make sure there was no one staggering around for help, but saw no one.

Ted Kennedy's dead, so couldn't have been him. And besides, you'd have found a dead blonde in the truck.
04-22-2018 07:56 AM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(04-22-2018 03:15 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  I was out cruising a few hours ago on a back road in a pretty rural area and after a big curve came up on a crew cab (think it was a chevy?) that was flipped upside down in a 5-6 ft deep ditch with windows busted out and everything in the cab slung all over the road around it. The cab was partially crushed.

Likely a drunk that survived that. I saw them survive awful crashes when I was a volunteer rescue worker years ago. I think it is because they are loose from the booze and just flop around in the vehicle instead of being stiff bracing for impact. I remember a similar call in which we could not find anyone upon arrival at the scene. We found out later that the driver lived about a mile away and walked home to avoid the cops. He tried to claim that the vehicle was stolen.
04-22-2018 08:28 AM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(04-22-2018 08:28 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

Likely a drunk that survived that. I saw them survive awful crashes when I was a volunteer rescue worker years ago. I think it is because they are loose from the booze and just flop around in the vehicle instead of being stiff bracing for impact. I remember a similar call in which we could not find anyone upon arrival at the scene. We found out later that the driver lived about a mile away and walked home to avoid the cops. He tried to claim that the vehicle was stolen.

We rolled up on a wreck one night that looked like a missile strike. The car was torn to shreds. I was still an Engineer at the time so as the crew was getting out to try an locate any patients I was trying to point the cab mounted spotlight on the scene. Came to a dead stop when the light settled on a dude sitting on a torn off tire & rim in the middle of the road eating handfulls of corn flakes out of the box. Car was literally ripped to dozens of pieces and he didn't have a scratch on him. Yes....sport was a tad bit drunk.

Had another one where we were called back to a wreck scene we had already been to and cleared. Arrived to find a second wreck on scene. The rollback wrecker was removing the previous wrecked vehicle from the scene when someone ran under the bed at a high rate of speed. Took us about 20 minutes to cut the guy out of the car and he doesn't have a scratch. We are doing full spinal precautions on him due to mechanism of injury and the whole time he's complaining about the wrecker pulling out in front of him. The Trooper, who was still on scene, finally says "You are aware the wrecker is sitting about 30 feet off the road in a field right?" As we are loading him in the ambulance he finally admits he had been drinking vodka. EMS crew gets to the ER and we hear them advise they'll be out of service for a lengthy decontamination. Seems once he got in the back of the ambo he got extremely sick. The medic told us later "He pretty much puked up everything he ever ate, including his 8th birthday cake." 03-lmfao
04-22-2018 09:32 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
At 2 this morning I was only concerned with a satisfying scratch of my nuts.
04-22-2018 12:25 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
(04-22-2018 09:32 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(04-22-2018 08:28 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

We rolled up on a wreck one night that looked like a missile strike. The car was torn to shreds. I was still an Engineer at the time so as the crew was getting out to try an locate any patients I was trying to point the cab mounted spotlight on the scene. Came to a dead stop when the light settled on a dude sitting on a torn off tire & rim in the middle of the road eating handfulls of corn flakes out of the box. Car was literally ripped to dozens of pieces and he didn't have a scratch on him. Yes....sport was a tad bit drunk.

Had another one where we were called back to a wreck scene we had already been to and cleared. Arrived to find a second wreck on scene. The rollback wrecker was removing the previous wrecked vehicle from the scene when someone ran under the bed at a high rate of speed. Took us about 20 minutes to cut the guy out of the car and he doesn't have a scratch. We are doing full spinal precautions on him due to mechanism of injury and the whole time he's complaining about the wrecker pulling out in front of him. The Trooper, who was still on scene, finally says "You are aware the wrecker is sitting about 30 feet off the road in a field right?" As we are loading him in the ambulance he finally admits he had been drinking vodka. EMS crew gets to the ER and we hear them advise they'll be out of service for a lengthy decontamination. Seems once he got in the back of the ambo he got extremely sick. The medic told us later "He pretty much puked up everything he ever ate, including his 8th birthday cake." 03-lmfao

Worked at an emergency room while in college. One night we get a radio call and we can hear a guy screaming in the background......"get that damn thing outta me, get that gd thing outta me".

Dude was flying down the road and came to a big curve, which he underestimated. Conservation of angular momentum took over and he left the curve airborne coming down on top of a cattle guard.

Here's the good part.

Ever looked at a bulldozer shovel? There's always a heavy strip of metal, basically a blade, bolted to shovel's cutting edge. The idea is to wear down this blade as opposed to the shovel itself.

The cattle guard had one of these used blades incorporated into its construction. The vehicle came down on top of cattle guard and the end of the blade, still with a huge bolt attached, pierced the bottom of his vehicle, entered this guy's body between his legs and exited his back somewhere around the kidney.

The tropper who showed on the scene first was a black woman and the ambulance personnel had to tend to her as well as the guy because she was so shook up by what she found. They finally lifted the guy out of the vehicle, blade still in place, extending a couple of feet off the gurney.

In surgery they backed it out the same way it went in.....bolt and all. The guy lost only a single testicle......not guts ruptured or lost. BTW, I checked out the blade in pathology afterwards and it weighed a ton.

Bet he slowed down after that.
04-22-2018 01:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.