Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Memos Released!
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
The Memos Released!
Quote:President Donald Trump told former FBI Director James Comey that he had serious concerns about the judgment of his first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, and his chief of staff asked days later if Flynn’s communications were being monitored under a secret surveillance warrant, according to memos maintained by Comey and obtained by The Associated Press.

The 15 pages of documents contain new details about a series of interactions with Trump that Comey found so unnerving that he documented them in writing. Those encounters in the weeks before Comey’s May 2017 firing include a Trump Tower discussion involving allegations of prostitutes and Russia, a White House dinner at which Comey says Trump asked him for his loyalty and a private Oval Office discussion where the ex-FBI head says the president asked him to end an investigation into Flynn.

The documents had been eagerly anticipated since their existence was first revealed last year, especially since Comey’s interactions with Trump are part of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into whether the president sought to obstruct justice. The memos have been turned over to Mueller.

Comey has said publicly that, “I knew there might come a day when I would need a record of what had happened, not just to defend myself, but to defend the FBI and our integrity as an institution and the independence of our investigative function.”

https://apnews.com/e29d5563fc0c45caa4faa...ent-issues

07-coffee3
04-19-2018 09:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: The Memos Released!
Rosenstein now needs to answer two questions:

1. Rosenstein appointed Mueller due to what he found in the Comey memos. The memos clearly state that Trump did not want the investigation shut down, and wanted to know if anyone in his campaign acted inappropriately, no matter how close they were to him. So now he needs to be pointed about what in the memos led him to appoint a special counsel.

2. Why did you lie once again about the contents of the memos, and reasons for the delays in releasing them, when the memos themselves do nothing but support Trump.
04-19-2018 09:25 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Also, Trump told Comey he didnt trust McCabe in one of their conversations. Comey told Trump that McCabe was a good guy and that he would appreciate both of them. This conversation happened after Comey now says he ordered the IG investigation of McCabe.
04-19-2018 09:27 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

Quote:Comey: Trump says Putin bragged about Russia having the 'most beautiful hookers in the world'

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-r...g-the-most

That certainly called for a special prosecutor. 03-lmfao
04-19-2018 09:30 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
Key take away. Comey has told one story and stuck with it. Trump has 1500 versions of his story. The story he tells tomorrow will be 1501. 05-stirthepot
04-19-2018 09:32 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

04-19-2018 09:33 PM
Advertisement

TechRocks Offline
Heisman

(04-19-2018 09:32 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  Key take away. Comey has told one story and stuck with it. Trump has 1500 versions of his story. The story he tells tomorrow will be 1501. 05-stirthepot

It'll be interesting to see who gets indicted first.
04-19-2018 09:36 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

So the first document he lists as "SECRET". Wonder if that was one of the ones he stole from the FBI and leaked to his buddy......errr......lawyer to leak to the press?
04-19-2018 09:39 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

Didn't Comey tell us he'd never seen the president laugh?
04-19-2018 09:43 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(04-19-2018 09:32 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  Key take away. Comey has told one story and stuck with it. Trump has 1500 versions of his story. The story he tells tomorrow will be 1501. 05-stirthepot

You need to keep up. Comey is the tall one.
04-19-2018 09:49 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

Comey: I explained the he could count on me to always tell him the truth. I said I don't do sneaky things. I don't leak. I don't do weasel moves.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
04-19-2018 09:53 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane

this is all youve got now 03-lmfao

[Image: giphy.gif]
04-19-2018 09:55 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

Comey: At this point he asked me to compare AG Holder and AG Lynch. I said I thought AG Holder was smarter and more sophisticated and smoother than AG Lynch, who I added is a good person.

[Image: Aunt-Esther-263x300.jpg]
04-19-2018 10:03 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

Comey: ...........but I wouldn't want to create a narrative that we were investigating him, because we are not.......

Hmmm, TR rubs chin and squints eyes.
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2018 10:12 PM by TechRocks.)
04-19-2018 10:10 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
I haven't read all 15 pages but from reading the first 4 its hard for me to believe Comey when he says about why he took notes....

"I thought there might come a time he would need them because of his concerns"

Nothing in those first 4 pages points to anything like that ...nothing. Hell on page 3 (1/27) comey makes a () foot note comment that makes zero sense if these notes are wrote in the time frame he says. It's almost like it was added in way after the fact. Other wise it makes zero sense. The below

("its possible we understood the phase differently but I chose to understand it as consistent with what I said throughout the conversation. I will serve the president with loyalty to the office, the country, the truth. I decided to not push it farther")

That was based off the following but first let me add in a bit of context before this on loyalty. (page 2 1/27)Loyalty was said after the President asked if the FBI leaks and Comey said of course but not a much as people think. Comey added a few other words on leaks. Then and only then did President Trump say "I expect loyalty". (my thoughts the President made that comment based off LEAKS...he expected loyalty. As he should from the FBI in that area. No where did Trump say I expect your personal loyalty to me)

Comey goes on to say I did not nod or say or change my facial expressions, he noted and we came back to it later.

The only other time loyalty was talked about at the 1/27 dinner when the following was said.

The President again said he was glad I wanted to stay and Mattis and others said great things about him. Then comey says "he returns to the loyalty and says I need loyalty". Comey says you will always get honesty from me and the President said. "thats what he wants, honest loyalty". Comey says he told the President "you will get that from me"

Thats when Comey adds the part in ("its possible we understood the phase differently but I chose to understand it as consistent with what I said throughout the conversation. I will serve the president with loyalty to the office, the country, the truth. I decided to not push it farther")

the part in red is my comment on what I read

So early Comey told the President he could always count on him to be honest and truthful and not sneaky. Yet here we are on Jan 27 the 2nd along meeting and Comey is taking notes and based off what his notes say up till this point. I can't see why. Makes zero sense since Comey said he did not take notes on Obama. The first meeting was Jan 7th
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2018 10:25 PM by WKUYG.)
04-19-2018 10:19 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
[Image: MgjDJNa.jpg]
04-19-2018 10:19 PM
Advertisement

TechRocks Offline
Heisman

Comey and Trump talking about Flynn: In telling the story, the President pointed his fingers at his head and said, "the guy has serious judgment issues." I did not comment at this point and there was no mention or acknowledgement of any FBI interest in or contact with General Flynn.

WTF? You're talking to the President of the United States on 27 January 2017 and discussing General Flynn and you don't bother to mention that Andrew McCabe (who the president has already mentioned several times earlier in the evening) had facilitated a Jan. 24, 2017, meeting between the FBI and Flynn after a phone call with Flynn's scheduler that same day?

The President learned of the meeting on 26 January. I'll bet he was wondering why Comey avoided mentioning the meeting.
04-19-2018 10:29 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

Quote:The President again said he was glad I wanted to stay

Well I can sure see how that would make him want to write the memos to protect the nation. 01-wingedeagle
04-19-2018 10:35 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
(04-19-2018 10:29 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  Comey and Trump talking about Flynn: In telling the story, the President pointed his fingers at his head and said, "the guy has serious judgment issues." I did not comment at this point and there was no mention or acknowledgement of any FBI interest in or contact with General Flynn.

WTF? You're talking to the President of the United States on 27 January 2017 and discussing General Flynn and you don't bother to mention that Andrew McCabe (who the president has already mentioned several times earlier in the evening) had facilitated a Jan. 24, 2017, meeting between the FBI and Flynn after a phone call with Flynn's scheduler that same day?

The President learned of the meeting on 26 January. I'll bet he was wondering why Comey avoided mentioning the meeting.

These notes read like self serving and wrote way after the fact. If you take the notes as someone writing them because they think they might need them for protection at a later day....

they make zero sense on why at this point Comey thought Trump was doing anything wrong? I only read 4 pages but why Comey feels he needs to document the 2 meetings covered in the first 4 pages. Makes no sense

As I said the talk about loyalty was all about the FBI leaks and the President telling the head of the FBI he expected them not to be leaking. Anyone that reads it any different is blind or just a party hack
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2018 10:38 PM by WKUYG.)
04-19-2018 10:37 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

(04-19-2018 10:37 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(04-19-2018 10:29 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  Comey and Trump talking about Flynn: In telling the story, the President pointed his fingers at his head and said, "the guy has serious judgment issues." I did not comment at this point and there was no mention or acknowledgement of any FBI interest in or contact with General Flynn.

These notes read like self serving and wrote way after the fact. If you take the notes as someone writing them because they think they might need them for protection at a later day....

they make zero sense on why at this point Comey thought Trump was doing anything wrong? I only read 4 pages but why Comey feels he needs to document the 2 meetings covered in the first 4 pages. Makes no sense

As I said the talk about loyalty was all about the FBI leaks and the President telling the head of the FBI he expected them not to be leaking. Anyone that reads it any different is blind or just a party hack

And as one reads further, the president keeps bringing up the issue of leaks, wonders where they're coming from, and asks Comey his opinion about them.

Perhaps the prez thought the FBI had something to do with the leaks? Not a far-fetched thought at all, especially since from Day One, Comey let it be known that the FBI had "intelligence"......salacious though it may be...........that Trump was with a bunch of peeing hookers in Russia, and that Comey for some odd reason failed to tell the prez about the FBI meeting with Flynn when given the chance.
04-19-2018 10:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.