Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

newest basketball signee
Bookmark and Share
usm99 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
newest basketball signee
https://www.clarionledger.com/story/spor...506852002/

Southern Miss has secured the signature of one of Mississippi’s premier athletes.

Forest Hill 6-foot-7 small forward Ladarius Marshall signed with the Golden Eagles Wednesday. A three-time member of The Clarion-Ledger’s Dandy Dozen, Marshall chose Southern Miss over Southeastern Louisiana and reportedly held offers from Baylor, Memphis, Mississippi State, Ohio State and Tennessee.

Marshall is the third class of 2018 player to sign with Southern Miss, joining fellow Dandy Dozen-er Gabe Watson and Southwest Christian (Arkansas) small forward Nikola Jerotic. New Hope forward Tyler Stevenson is also planning to join the team as a walk-on.

Forest Hill basketball coach Jerry Currie said rumors of academic issues caused a number of schools to back off recruiting Marshall.

“I don’t really know where that came from, but he will qualify,” he told the Hattiesburg American.

Currie described Marshall as “freaky athletic” and said he has only scratched the surface of his potential.

“Two words: highlight reel,” he said. “He’s a shot blocker with world-class athleticism. He can shoot the 3, he can shoot the mid-range. His timing is impeccable. He came in as a freshman with a 47-inch vertical.

“I think he’ll be a better college basketball player than he was a high school basketball player. There will be an adjustment period. He’s stiff as a board, but once he gets into a strength and conditioning program and gets more nimble and flexible, that’ll take his game to another level. He’s gonna be scary.”

Marshall led the Patriots with 18 points, 10.8 rebounds and 4.7 blocks per game in 2017-18. As a junior, he put up 16.7 points, 10.8 boards and 4.4 blocks per contest. He scored 15 points and came down with two rebounds in the Mississippi-Alabama All-Star Game last month.

Marshall has also become the latest in a string of success Southern Miss has had with in-state recruits. Watson averaged 27.1 points per game for Madison-St. Joseph, and Calhoun City’s LaDavius Draine was part of the Golden Eagles’ 2017 signing class.

All but one player (guard D’Angelo Richardson) from Southern Miss’ team that finished 16-18 last season is eligible to return. Doc Sadler told the Hattiesburg American he will have 12 players on scholarship by next season. Marshall’s signing gives him 14 scholarship players.

“I think we’ll have a better idea (of what the roster will look like) by May, because there are a few guys that will graduate in May and could decide to move on,” Sadler said. “(Anfernee Hampton and Eddie Davis III) can graduate. So, we will wait and see if they end up doing that.”
04-11-2018 03:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

usm99 Offline
Heisman

RE: newest basketball signee
All but one player (guard D’Angelo Richardson) from Southern Miss’ team that finished 16-18 last season is eligible to return. Doc Sadler told the Hattiesburg American he will have 12 players on scholarship by next season. Marshall’s signing gives him 14 scholarship players.
“I think we’ll have a better idea (of what the roster will look like) by May, because there are a few guys that will graduate in May and could decide to move on,” Sadler said. “(Anfernee Hampton and Eddie Davis III) can graduate. So, we will wait and see if they end up doing that.”

Will be interesting to see who won't return as it sounds like Doc isn't planning/hoping on Hampton and Davis III coming back/returning.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2018 03:31 PM by usm99.)
04-11-2018 03:30 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

Haven't read all that yet, but thats great news. Sounds like a real difference maker. 47 inch vertical? ! Unreal
04-11-2018 03:34 PM
Advertisement

shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

a 47-inch vertical is ridiculous
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2018 04:08 PM by shiftyeagle.)
04-11-2018 04:08 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

and that 47 inch vertical was when he was a freshman. if that's the case, he should be 50+ in college.
04-11-2018 05:20 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(04-11-2018 05:20 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  and that 47 inch vertical was when he was a freshman. if that's the case, he should be 50+ in college.

let's not get carried away with defying the laws of grabbity and marketing embellishment.....regardless, he's a huge addition....

these guys have him at 6-5....how we got him is an enigma based on the offers he received from this site....

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/LaDari...Interesets
04-11-2018 06:01 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
OP and MISStake completely overlooked a guy named Weatherspoon because he was not "highly recruited"...while most BB corches in the state at the time said Clarence was the BEST player in the state hands down...

Now, This guy is not the beast Spoon was (very few are), but judging by his in-state buzz, he could have the same-type impact..
04-11-2018 06:30 PM
Advertisement

cadillacman Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: USM
(04-11-2018 06:30 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  OP and MISStake completely overlooked a guy named Weatherspoon because he was not "highly recruited"...while most BB corches in the state at the time said Clarence was the BEST player in the state hands down...

Now, This guy is not the beast Spoon was (very few are), but judging by his in-state buzz, he could have the same-type impact..

Happy to see us get a quality In- State guy. We have always needed/wanted a big bruiser and it looks like this guy fits the bill.
04-11-2018 09:46 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

Things are gettin’ interesting on the other side of 4th Street.
04-11-2018 10:13 PM
Advertisement

eagle04 Offline
All American

His HS coach was quoted saying that rumors were floating around that the kid had grade issues and wouldn't qualify. Several teams backed off of him due to that, apparently. He said those rumors were false and he will qualify.
04-12-2018 08:30 AM
usm99 Offline
Heisman

(04-12-2018 08:30 AM)eagle04 Wrote:  His HS coach was quoted saying that rumors were floating around that the kid had grade issues and wouldn't qualify. Several teams backed off of him due to that, apparently. He said those rumors were false and he will qualify.

03-shhhh Secretly that's our new recruiting strategy 01-ncaabbs
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2018 08:39 AM by usm99.)
04-12-2018 08:35 AM
Up2stuff Offline
Special Teams

(04-11-2018 06:01 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(04-11-2018 05:20 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  and that 47 inch vertical was when he was a freshman. if that's the case, he should be 50+ in college.

let's not get carried away with defying the laws of grabbity and marketing embellishment.....regardless, he's a huge addition....

these guys have him at 6-5....how we got him is an enigma based on the offers he received from this site....

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/LaDari...Interesets

we signed with Addidas. 03-shhhh 04-cheers
04-12-2018 09:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.