Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Your President honors the National Champions
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2018 05:13 PM by shere khan.)
04-10-2018 05:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
RE: Your President honors the National Champions
(04-10-2018 05:00 PM)shere khan Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgeWSXIU...be&t=5m29s

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

[Image: Dac_FuyUwAEQ-hw?format=jpg]

Fake news, that's not UCF.
04-10-2018 06:39 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
Actually, I loathe the "University" of Row Tahd, but UCF didn't play a schedule worthy of the playoffs. They beat Auburn - congrats. Cool story bro but no National Championship. Same as Tulane back in the 90's. Basically, there's a path for a G5 to get to the playoffs, but UCF and USF don't schedule those games during the regular season.

Here's your schedule

FIU at home - FIU went 8-5 (beat 1 team with a winning record vs FBS - most of their schedule were the absolute dregs of FBS)
Maryland on the road - Maryland won 3 FBS games all year.
Memphis at home - Memphis was a good team.
Cinci on the road - Cinci won 3 FBS games all year and didn't beat a FBS team that had a winning record
ECU at home - ECU won 3 FBS games (all against teams with losing records) and got curbstomped by a FCS team
Navy on the road - Navy went 7-6 and UCF barely escaped that game, needing a 4th quarter turnover to win that one
Austin Peay at home - FCS team
SMU on the road - SMU finished 6-6 vs FBS (2 wins versus FBS winning record teams). UCF struggled in this one as well.
Uconn at home - Uconn won 2 FBS games last year (neither had a FBS winning record).
Temple on the road - Temple went 6-6 vs FBS. Easily your best road win
USF at home - USF had a good record (but a largely garbage schedule)
Memphis at home - Won in OT at home

To sum it up, a very weak schedule and a ridiculously weak road schedule.

Basically, UCF beat Memphis (twice at home), and USF at home. That is not a playoff schedule. And even if Georgia Tech hadn't been cancelled, it wouldn't have been a resume builder. And everyone knows that a non-conference schedule of FIU (home), Georgia Tech (home), Maryland (road), and a FCS (home) plus a AAC schedule isn't going to get you a playoff berth.

BTW, next year, UCF has a schedule that will require a lot of luck (e.g., UNC and Pitt doing far better than usual) to provide UCF with a shot at a playoff berth, even if they go undefeated. But UCF will actually have to play someone on the road next year, so unless they can figure out how to play well at someone else's place, they'll have difficulty going undefeated.

But we all know UCF's problem. They think they're a P5 (oops a P6) so they don't schedule teams that wont come play at UCF. So they're stuck with a schedule that frequently won't get them in the playoffs, even if they're undefeated.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2018 07:16 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
04-10-2018 07:06 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(04-10-2018 07:06 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Actually, I loathe the "University" of Row Tahd, but UCF didn't play a schedule worthy of the playoffs. They beat Auburn - congrats. Cool story bro but no National Championship. Same as Tulane back in the 90's. Basically, there's a path for a G5 to get to the playoffs, but UCF and USF don't schedule those games during the regular season.

Here's your schedule

FIU at home - FIU went 8-5 (beat 1 team with a winning record vs FBS - most of their schedule were the absolute dregs of FBS)
Maryland on the road - Maryland won 3 FBS games all year.
Memphis at home - Memphis was a good team.
Cinci on the road - Cinci won 3 FBS games all year and didn't beat a FBS team that had a winning record
ECU at home - ECU won 3 FBS games (all against teams with losing records) and got curbstomped by a FCS team
Navy on the road - Navy went 7-6 and UCF barely escaped that game, needing a 4th quarter turnover to win that one
Austin Peay at home - FCS team
SMU on the road - SMU finished 6-6 vs FBS (2 wins versus FBS winning record teams). UCF struggled in this one as well.
Uconn at home - Uconn won 2 FBS games last year (neither had a FBS winning record).
Temple on the road - Temple went 6-6 vs FBS. Easily your best road win
USF at home - USF had a good record (but a largely garbage schedule)
Memphis at home - Won in OT at home

To sum it up, a very weak schedule and a ridiculously weak road schedule.

Basically, UCF beat Memphis (twice at home), and USF at home. That is not a playoff schedule. And even if Georgia Tech hadn't been cancelled, it wouldn't have been a resume builder. And everyone knows that a non-conference schedule of FIU (home), Georgia Tech (home), Maryland (road), and a FCS (home) plus a AAC schedule isn't going to get you a playoff berth.

BTW, next year, UCF has a schedule that will require a lot of luck (e.g., UNC and Pitt doing far better than usual) to provide UCF with a shot at a playoff berth, even if they go undefeated. But UCF will actually have to play someone on the road next year, so unless they can figure out how to play well at someone else's place, they'll have difficulty going undefeated.

But we all know UCF's problem. They think they're a P5 (oops a P6) so they don't schedule teams that wont come play at UCF. So they're stuck with a schedule that frequently won't get them in the playoffs, even if they're undefeated.

tl;dr

[Image: 1515337278666.jpg?ve=1&tl=1&...-top-image]
04-10-2018 07:36 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
They beat Auburn, Bama couldnt do that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using CSNbbs mobile app
04-10-2018 07:38 PM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
Trump wants my vote in 2020. I want him to honor ucf as the REAL champions of college football. Make it happen Don or I'll vote Constitution Party.

[Image: 086b86e2ea5b7897033aca559632fbb2de557570...632ae9.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2018 07:57 PM by thespiritof1976.)
04-10-2018 07:51 PM
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-10-2018 07:38 PM)fsquid Wrote:  They beat Auburn, Bama couldnt do that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using CSNbbs mobile app

LOL. Auburn also had a UCF problem last year. Didn't beat anyone on the road. Lost to a LSU team that got embarrassed at home by Troy. Lost at Clemson. Lost to Georgia in Atlanta. Lost to UCF in Atlanta.

They beat a 6-6 Missouri team, a 6-6 Texas A&M team and a 3-8 Arkansas team on the road. That's it for Auburn away from Jordan-Hare last year.

At home, they beat Georgia and Alabama, which was impressive, but the rest of their schedule was 'meh' at best. Those two wins, had they beaten Georgia in the SEC championship, would have put them in the playoffs, but the 2017 wasn't the 2004 Auburn team.

----

And if you're getting into transitive arguments about football. Alabama lost to Auburn who lost to LSU who lost to Troy who lost to South Alabama who lost to Idaho who lost to UNLV who lost to FCS Howard who lost to FCS Norfolk State who lost to DIVISION 2 Virginia State.

----

UCF had a good season. But they're not the National Champions because they played like hot garbage in true road games and played a ridiculously weak schedule for a team with playoff aspirations (largely because they won't schedule properly). No, a lopsided and favorable AAC schedule (no Houston and no tough road games) isn't enough on its own to get a team into the playoffs. Houston a few years back would have gotten in the playoffs had they not blown it in conference play. A G5 can get into the playoffs if they schedule properly. But if you think P6 is a real thing and you schedule arrogantly, you get a participation prize, like UCF did this past year.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2018 08:00 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
04-10-2018 07:52 PM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

Btw, I think UCF would have bested Alabama if they played in the CFP. For one, Saban wouldn't have pulled Jalen Hurts for a "cupcake" like UCF, like he did against Georgia.

UCF would have hit their stride in the 2nd half and would have had Alabama winded and worn down by the end of the 3rd/beginning of the 4th. UCF would come at them in waves and Alabama wouldn't be able to outscore the Knights.

UCF 44, Alabama 31.
04-10-2018 07:53 PM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

Maybe if UCF scheduled Mercer they would have had a shot....
04-10-2018 07:55 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

i bet trumpy wears his new bama jersey and scores tonight.
04-10-2018 08:01 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(04-10-2018 07:53 PM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  Btw, I think UCF would have bested Alabama if they played in the CFP. For one, Saban wouldn't have pulled Jalen Hurts for a "cupcake" like UCF, like he did against Georgia.

UCF would have hit their stride in the 2nd half and would have had Alabama winded and worn down by the end of the 3rd/beginning of the 4th. UCF would come at them in waves and Alabama wouldn't be able to outscore the Knights.

UCF 44, Alabama 31.

Yeah, no.

UCF wouldn't have played Bama if they made the playoffs last year. They would have played Clemson and you wouldn't have winded the Clemson D.
04-10-2018 08:06 PM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
(04-10-2018 08:01 PM)shere khan Wrote:  i bet trumpy wears his new bama jersey and scores tonight.

Roll Tide!

UCF...03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
04-10-2018 08:07 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-10-2018 07:55 PM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  Maybe if UCF scheduled Mercer they would have had a shot....

Probably better than half the AAC last year. Man those 4th quarter squeakers at Navy, SMU, and letting Memphis hang 55 points on them at home really made a case for a playoff berth.

Just curious, who would you have put in the Peach Bowl to allow UCF to play in it?

Heck, Row Tahd's win over Fresno State was probably equal to anything UCF did in the regular season.

Enjoy the schedule next year at UCF.

@UConn - Bleech
South Carolina State
@UNC - Won 2 FBS games last year against teams that were pretty awful
Florida Atlantic - Actually might be a tough game, but unlikely to be a statement game
Pitt - Won 3 FBS games last year
SMU - Won 6 FBS games last year
@Memphis - Congrats. A true road game that might not be a cakewalk.
@ECU - Bleech
Temple - Won 6 FBS games last year
Navy - Won 6 FBS games last year
Cincy - Bleech
@USF - Congrats, another true road game.

LOL. Go undefeated again next year, and its probable that UCF gets left behind next year too.

----

You guys should really consider doing a payday game at a big name school. Do your fans really need that home game with South Carolina State?
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2018 08:27 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
04-10-2018 08:14 PM
Jjoey52 Offline
All American

I Root For: ISU
You AAC guys are believing this P6 crap too much. When you play a crap schedule you don’t get a title. Only one who did that and they shouldn’t have was BYU IN 1984.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
04-10-2018 08:54 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Did anybody catch the prayer over the POTUS near the end? Go to the 15:30 mark and an Alabama player asks to pray with DJT and a group of players get around him and pray. Pretty darn cool for this day and age.
04-10-2018 08:59 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

Auburn fights Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson, in their prime in consecutive weeks. After these fights, a drunk from Orlando stumbles into a bar in Atlanta and beats up Auburn and then proclaims himself the heavyweight champion of the world.

Love you UCF, mean it. But, come on man, that aint how it works.

The main point is that everyone in this thread acknowledges their President. Bwahahahahaha
04-10-2018 09:09 PM
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-10-2018 08:59 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Did anybody catch the prayer over the POTUS near the end? Go to the 15:30 mark and an Alabama player asks to pray with DJT and a group of players get around him and pray. Pretty darn cool for this day and age.

That, from the University of Row Tahd football team is really unsurprising. Pretty much FCA/AIA. DJT is the face of American Christianity these days anyway.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2018 09:17 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
04-10-2018 09:13 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(04-10-2018 08:07 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  
(04-10-2018 08:01 PM)shere khan Wrote:  i bet trumpy wears his new bama jersey and scores tonight.

Roll Tide!

Thats the most amazing thing Ive seen in a long time HOD.

What is that, you ask?

Nick Saban is actually smiling

03-lmfao
04-10-2018 09:15 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-10-2018 08:54 PM)Jjoey52 Wrote:  You AAC guys are believing this P6 crap too much. When you play a crap schedule you don’t get a title. Only one who did that and they shouldn’t have was BYU IN 1984.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BYU's 'championship' was a fraud. Basically, it was a crazy situation where the best team in the country had 2 losses. There is a way for a G5 (sorry AAC - you're in it with the Belt and CUSA too) to get a playoff berth

1) Go undefeated
2) Win one game against a top rated P5, preferably on the road
3) Play at least one good G5 team in OOC
4) Hope that your conference doesn't crater.

UCF managed 1 and 4.

---

By the way, UCF, less than 1 year before they didn't get a playoff slot, decided they were too good to play a school in their bowl game. Originally, South Alabama was picked for that game. UCF, in a fit of arrogant overentitlement, whined to CBSN and the AAC and the Belt and the Bowl officials (in their home town) and got USA shifted to the Tucson Bowl. They ended up playing Arkansas State at home in that bowl game, which absolutely DESTROYED Central Florida. LOL. Now, they're whining that the P5 did to them (with justification) what they did to South Alabama (with no justification) less than a year previously.

Enjoy the P6. And your participation trophy "national championship".
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2018 09:22 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
04-10-2018 09:16 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
(04-10-2018 09:15 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
(04-10-2018 08:07 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  

Roll Tide!

Thats the most amazing thing Ive seen in a long time HOD.

What is that, you ask?

Nick Saban is actually smiling

03-lmfao

Somewhere in the universe something awful is happening in order to balance that out.
04-10-2018 09:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.